Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 19,341 to 19,360 of 96,570

Haruki_NLI

Bayonetta live streams have ended. Man, that game is still freaking awesome.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Late

-28°C. Was supposed to drive home today but surprise, surprise, my car wouldn't start. I hate cars.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Eel

Things start to fail when you live in the north pole.

(Like seriously that's way too cold, how do you even leave bed with temperatures like that?)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Meowpheel Wake up, open the curtains, look outside, close the curtains, go back to bed.

No, just kidding, you just deal with it. Forecasts say the temperature won't go above the freezing point next week. It's definitely not as bad over here, but the apparent temperature is supposed to hit -26°C next week. It's probably going to be one of those weeks were you can't see the sun for several days straight...

Octane

Eel

Wow D:

(it does sound kinda cool though, pun not intended. Like the setting of a horror or disaster movie)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ogo79

gcunit wrote:

I went to a Quiz Night tonight. One of the rounds was called 'V & A Classics', which none of us understood, so when it was revealed to be 'Video and Arcade game Classics' I was chuffed, but it turned out to be too easy, things like Tetris and Pac-Man. But even I dropped a point, saying that, because they put an Outrun screenshot up, and I knew it wasn't original Outrun because it had a night scene as the backdrop, but I didn't know the names of the others, so we just answered 'Outrun'. Turns out it was Turbo Outrun...

haha

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

Meowpheel wrote:

(Like seriously that's way too cold, how do you even leave bed with temperatures like that?)

I ask myself that same question whenever temps drop below 20 degrees F (roughly -7 degrees C). And I don't even LIVE that close to the North Pole.

Still, it beats living in places like Yakutsk and Norilsk. Apparently they have to leave vehicles running with how cold their winters get, otherwise they won't start until the weather warms up again.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

are you all serious? the wintertime is the perfect time to crack some heads.
get real.
what a bunch of wimps.
Untitled
Untitled
im not paying for that window

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

The Adventures of the Shpydar
(this Saturday night edition)

So after much drinking, i started to get a hankering to go to a screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I am a big fan of Rocky, but haven't been to a show since college (20+ years now). However, reason prevailed, as i realized that it probably wouldn't be the smartest thing in the world to drive into Manhattan with 10+ drinks under my belt.

Instead, i walked down to the nearby 7-11 to get some more alcohol, while listening to the RHPS soundtrack on my phone. I get to 7-11 and am perusing the beers when i a lady crackhead comes up to me. I pause the music, and she starts rambling about how she's having a hard time, yadda yadda yadda. She's holding a scratch-off lottery ticket in her hand and is clearly a crackhead. I tell her to move along, i ain't buying whatever she's selling, and give her the "brush-off" hand motion. I turn back to the beer fridge and hear her yelling about how "you probably be selling weed! you be selling weed!"

It was the best compliment i have received in months.

Now i am back home, drinking a beer and listening to my Meat Loaf "Bat out of Hell" LP (yay vinyl), wishing i did sell weed, because i would love a bong hit right about now.

So how's your Saturday night going?

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Haruki_NLI

@the_shpydar Free of all alcohol and drugs as it should be, like every Saturday night.

In all seriousness I do drink, only whiskey however, but I cant until my recovery from surgery, and recovery from second operation are done. So...not for a good few months yet.

And having lived in a house with drug users for a year, well separate groups of users for two years, no. Keep that crap as far away from me as possible. It's one thing for "weed" until I get flashbacks to the users in school who attacked me while high on a regular basis using the stuff.

Then in my first year of uni I had one in my residence who was on LSD, so you can imagine that at 4am when I'm trying to sleep. Or how I had to watch over one of them who drank vodka AND smoked weed at once and nearly died choking on their vomit. Or the ones who took....ecstasy I think, and flooded the kitchen and ran - leaving it to me to clean up.

Then in my second year in addition to a drug dealer, not the best place to live I admit, I had one who was a violent crack addict.

So you know. My opinion on drugs is pretty cut and dry because of all the people I have known who sued any form of narcotic substance, only 1 wasn't a psychopath when using.

Alcohol though, yeah whatever. Turns out I don't taste vodka after my housemates spiked a ramen dish I was making. Though they did try to give me a shot glass of absinthe while barely able to stand up saying it was "Ribena". Can't tell why I didn't take it. It wasn't obvious.

I could drink them all under the table though. They found that out on one of our final days when I was drinking straight whiskey from the bottle while they were watering it down in shot glasses and getting wasted in record time.

Wimps.

Anyway, time for me to stream Mario Maker because why not I'm bored.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SheldonRandoms

THAR once used to be a pokestop in front of THESE roo'z house, which was swell since if I didn't FEEL LIEK driving to one, could just hop over THAR, swipe and catch and rev up daily TOAST. Now, somehow, said pokestop has revved up it's fryers and became a gym, as swell as dah community center next to it becoming a pokestop, so nose THESE roo must defend dah fort at all costs, even from my cousin, who is on a different team and TOAST!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Vinny

New Super Mario Bros for the DS turns 12 this year. Not so new anymore, huh.

By the way, the shell power up on that game is one of my favorite on the series.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Octane

@the_shpydar Good LP! Not the biggest Meat Loaf fan, but I do own a copy of Bat out of Hell.

Octane

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

a lady crackhead comes up to me. I pause the music, and she starts rambling about how she's having a hard time, yadda yadda yadda. She's holding a scratch-off lottery ticket in her hand and is clearly a crackhead.

maybe she had some cheeseburgers
Untitled
...or something else to offer
its a win win situation. you could have missed out on dinner and a quick date.
brings new meaning to being a sucker for cheeseburgers.

the_shpydar wrote:

Aidan7707

Meowpheel wrote:

...you do realize plenty of people live in places colder than the north pole. (example: oymyakon) plus the south pole is MUCH colder.

Pineapple Pizza Is Bae

Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, last night in my place Surabaya, poured with Heavy rain + Thunderstorm. It was very shocking midnight.

Anti-Matter

Eel

Don't be silly, everybody knows the North Pole is colder.

It's part of Santa's defense mechanisms.

That way nobody can spy on him.

Bloop.

Octane

Aidan7707 wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

...you do realize plenty of people live in places colder than the north pole. (example: oymyakon) plus the south pole is MUCH colder.

plenty of people[citation needed]

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic