Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 18,741 to 18,760 of 96,558

roy130390

Tyranexx wrote:

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Surgery delayed by 4 weeks due to power cuts at the hospital...

Bummer. But on the plus side, you should be able to make that open interview now!

Summary of my day:

Oh I get it! You were watching Spongebob all day.... right?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Haruki_NLI

Figured while I'm playing Ultra Moon I'll put my free time to use and enter the competition going this month.

Double Battles, no restrictions on what you can use save the usual suspects and it has to be hatched, caught, or received in S/M/US/UM.

Which means I've got a max stat Gengar ready to go

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

Well that was a fun interview.

Started with a 15 minute get 13/20 right basic (And I mean BASIC) arithmetic test.

Paltry for someone who studied economics and is a programmer.

Then a brief interview. How'd you handle X situation at a previous job so on so forth. Find out by end of the week.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ogo79

Meowpheel wrote:

Ok, this following question will be crucial if you want us to hire you.

4 + 6 = ?

the answer is jello

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Well that was a fun interview.

Started with a 15 minute get 13/20 right basic (And I mean BASIC) arithmetic test.

Paltry for someone who studied economics and is a programmer.

Then a brief interview. How'd you handle X situation at a previous job so on so forth. Find out by end of the week.

Wow, that whole interview sounds like it was pretty basic.

I think I prefer the interesting cake question a friend of mine got at one.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

Meowpheel wrote:

What cake question

Problem: You have a cake that you need to cut into eight pieces. The problem is, the knife that you have can only make three cuts before it breaks. How do you accomplish this?

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Eel

Oh, so this takes part in the Breath of the Wild universe.

Anyway, that question is lacking in information. Mostly, what does the knife consider "one cut".

If it's defined as "the knife enters and exits the cake = 1 cut", regardless of the duration or distance, then you just need to cut an inner circle, and slice the cake(s) in fourths.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Meowpheel You cut the cake into four quarters, put them in a line and divide all of them in two in a single cut.

Octane

Eel

That's also a nice solution.

It's a bit weird to handle cake like that before serving it though. And you may end up damaging the table if you go outside the cake tray.

Unless the knife is also super dull...

I mean, It does break with cake... So this is a low quality knife we are using.

Or maybe the cake itself is super tough.

Edit: Oh snap! we don't know the shape of the cake either! So I guess my method is only optimal for circular cakes. We don't want weird cake pieces.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

(moved to a new post because it's been a few hours since I last posted)

On the subject of cakes, my dad just came home with a huge King's Cake because they were on sale for next to nothing (it's kinda like buying Christmas decorations after Christmas).

These usually come with two or three little cheap plastic baby figurines hidden in the bread, but this one has the whole nativity set, and ceramic too. Fancy~

And it's actually pretty good to boot... It's so much bread though...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

roy130390

Pfft you are all wrong. You just forget about the cake and order pizza. Just for precaution, you ask the workers to cut it in 8 pieces.

ogo79

@Tyranexx
wait.
this cake you speak of...is this a coconut cake or a carrot cake?
@Meowpheel
dude i love king cakes. this guy came to our job once all the way from louisiana and got us some official ones from:
Untitled
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

@Meowpheel: I forgot to mention that the cuts have to be straight lines. @Octane more or less got it though. The trick is to think about the cake in 3D vs. the instinctive 2D reasoning. The shape and type of cake doesn't matter.

I don't think I've ever heard of King's Cake, but it's an interesting concept!

Eel

It's a tradition with religious origins. In Mexico it's still pretty religious, but from what I hear, in some parts like New Orleans, they've separated it a bit to make it more widely attractive.

The tradition, in its simplest least religious form, is that you share the cake with friends and family, and whoever finds the hidden baby in their slice of cake must host the next party.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

roy130390

Yup, he has to invite tamales in his/her party.

Untitled

Edited on by Eel

crimsontadpoles

Tyranexx wrote:

Meowpheel: I forgot to mention that the cuts have to be straight lines. Octane more or less got it though. The trick is to think about the cake in 3D vs. the instinctive 2D reasoning. The shape and type of cake doesn't matter.

@Tyranexx The type of cake matters a lot when working with 3D. If the cake is topped with icing and chocolate and other yummy things, then there will be arguments if some people get yummy top pieces and others get boring bottom pieces.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic