Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,821 to 12,840 of 96,530

Socar

crimsontadpoles wrote:

Socar wrote:

I don't just play Nintendo games only. I do like Capcom and I enjoyed Ducktales remastered and Mega man. You adore third parties, fine you go and support them. Me personally, many of them just lost my trust even recently with how Level-5 made that terrible final game of Azran Legacy. And just to say that I don't just play Nintendo games, I'm currently playing Broken Sword. Earlier I played Tomb Raider and I hated every moment of it as its basically Zelda only with no hub worlds.

Wait, what? Azran Legacy is a great game. My only complaint is that the story dipped in the middle when you needed to travel the world collecting the required items. Other than that, it's awesome and had a superb story at the early on and late in the game. Miracle Mask is my favourite Professor Layton game though. Also, Tomb Raider has a completely different feel to Zelda. Other than both games having some puzzles, there's nothing alike.

I'm rather fond of Broken Sword though. I've played the first two and have been meaning to check out the others.

Azran Legacy is just a rehash of the previous three games. There are only a few puzzles that stand out whereas the rest of them are completely ripped right out of the previous games only that they reskinned it. The story is extremely cliche which doesn't have any plot twists and when it does have it, it doesn't execute it well enough.

Yeah, I can understand why many like Tomb Raider because of the game feel being realistic, but execution wise, I rather play Zelda than Tomb Raider....heck, I'd rather play Uprising over this.

Its the worst in the series and I'm disappointed in it. Even Miracle Mask was better than Azran Legacy...infact the story of the former is a lot better than Pandora's Box.

@TwilightAngel: So you don't want me to fulfil my dream? You're saying that I should rather just be stuck on making games that aren't on Nintendo platforms? I don't get you.

Infact I don't get any of you guys. You guys will be happy to move on if Nintendo goes bankrupt one day and forever be stuck with shallow games that Sony and Microsoft make majority of the times? I understand that its foolish to worship a company because its a corporate and it exists to make money and I know that you guys have your own personal lives. But me personally, that company is the only one that relieves me out of sorrow so I want to return that favour by making games exclusively for their products.

That's exactly what Satoru Iwata did for Nintendo because Nintendo helped him and Hal Laboratory to pay back their debt when Hal was nearly under bankruptcy.

Let's look at Isao Okawa who could have easily refused to give all of his shares to SEGA before he died but instead, he did the opposite.

So are you saying that I shouldn't owe Nintendo even one bit? I'm not able to understand you guys at all. That's like saying that I don't need to owe your family anything because they didn't do much for you.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

MsJubilee

@Socar: First of all when did i say you shouldn't fulfill your dream? I said your comment is creepy. Or better yet your whole obsession is creepy to me.Second of all. Why do you think people want Nintendo to go bankrupt? No one here wants that,not even me and i been bashing Nintendo for awhile now. Third! You owe the devs who made the game not the company who sold it to you. And last (this is for all nonsense you been writing about your parents)what every thing your parents been saying is for your own good. Why? Cause they care! And they will always be there for you! Not Nintendo,Nintendo is a piece of plastic. A piece of plastic that you call a friend for some reason. A friend that will never be there, a friend that could care less about you.So you don't owe them anything,but if you like there games. Support them with your money! Cause that what they care about. Your money.Remember that and that's it. I'll be lurking again while silently judging you

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

diwdiws

Socar wrote:

So are you saying that I shouldn't owe Nintendo even one bit? I'm not able to understand you guys at all. That's like saying that I don't need to owe your family anything because they didn't do much for you.

Yes we are saying that, you dont owe Nintendo anything. Furthermore, for Nintendo, you are merely a statistic.

diwdiws

jump

It's just like Single White Female where Artwark is Jennifer Jason Leigh and a SNES is Bridget Fonda.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

crimsontadpoles

Socar wrote:

So you don't want me to fulfil my dream? You're saying that I should rather just be stuck on making games that aren't on Nintendo platforms? I don't get you.

You DON'T owe Nintendo anything. If a company makes a product that you think is worth buying, then you don't have to do anything, and Nintendo doesn't expect anything from you.

As for being a game developer, the best thing should be making the game itself, not getting the game on a specific platform. Here's an idea that's worth considering at least: take the business decision and make the game for whichever platform will make you the most money. This has much higher odds of you becoming a success than just putting your game only on your favourite platform. If the game becomes a big success, then you could always port it to other platforms including Nintendo at a later date.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Socar

@TwilightAngel: Really because Reggie visited a couple of kids for not so much on the money. @diwdiws:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/09/nintendo_of_america_...

Again, Iwata-San felt like he owed Nintendo a lot so he helped Nintendo until now. Again, you're pretty much telling me that I can make my dream come true because I want to make games exclusively for Nintendo.

@crimsontadpoles: And multiplat isn't really pushing much of sales on Nintendo platforms isn't it. Hal, Next Level, Intelligent Systems and many other devs can easily, EASILY move out of the Nintendo relationship and make games on other platforms and yet, they decided to do the opposite. Next Level is treated better when working with Nintendo and so do other devs. There's a reason why the term closely affiliated exists.

Again, you're saying that I shouldn't do what I want to do. I want to make games exclusively for Nintendo and that is bad because its not a smart business move all of a sudden?

crimsontadpoles

@Socar: I'm surprised your biggest goal as a game developer is to get something on a Nintendo platform instead of making your own games. Anyway, I wish you luck and hope you eventually achieve your goals.

However, it's a tough business. Lots of people want to be game developers, but few become successful. I'm saying that it might be easier to get some games selling on other platforms first, so that you can earn some money, get some fans and gain experience, and only then think about Nintendo. Getting something on Nintendo straight away will be very tricky.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

jump

Socar wrote:

TwilightAngel: Really because Reggie visited a couple of kids for not so much on the money. diwdiws:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/09/nintendo_of_america_...

Again, Iwata-San felt like he owed Nintendo a lot so he helped Nintendo until now. Again, you're pretty much telling me that I can make my dream come true because I want to make games exclusively for Nintendo.

crimsontadpoles: And multiplat isn't really pushing much of sales on Nintendo platforms isn't it. Hal, Next Level, Intelligent Systems and many other devs can easily, EASILY move out of the Nintendo relationship and make games on other platforms and yet, they decided to do the opposite. Next Level is treated better when working with Nintendo and so do other devs. There's a reason why the term closely affiliated exists.

Again, you're saying that I shouldn't do what I want to do. I want to make games exclusively for Nintendo and that is bad because its not a smart business move all of a sudden?

No one is telling you to not make games for Nintendo, they are telling you the same things for months now which is to stop treating Nintendo like a church and see a therapist for help.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@crimsontadpoles: I'll make my own games on Nintendo systems and I am right now just getting experience as best as I can.

No one said that its easy. So I know the road is hard to cross. But my dream is to cross it and that's all that matters to me.

diwdiws

@Socar: thats what you call a publicity stunt. Politicias, athletes, actors, business men, they all do it. Its to generate buzz and publicity. You still dont owe Nintendo anything and Nintendo still only care about your money.

diwdiws

Socar

@diwdiws: You got a problem? Because I clearly stated that I want to make games exclusively for them. Is that such a problem?

Socar

@arronishere: Except that Satoshi Tajiri himself is disabled and yet somehow, Nintendo trusted his talent to make Pokemon happen.

Who said that I don't care about people suffering? If you are referring to my parents, they are completely inhuman to begin with and don't act like real parents at all. If anything, those two nearly got myself into accidents a couple of times. Again, I don't want to talk about parents.

Just for your information, I do donate some money to charities to begin with so its not like I don't care about people suffering.

Eel

I know you guys love Socar, but please. This is not the right site for this kind of intervention.

And please, Socar, stop bringing the topic up. The reaction will always be the same, and they're not entirely wrong, either.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

veeflames

Isn't this thread just the funniest?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MsJubilee

@Socar: Boy you're one stubborn mule.LOL! I'm dead serious

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoFan64

crimsontadpoles wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

I kinda tired of this Socar fellow getting all the attention I want attention too!

Woo, GamecubeMan, great to see you, hope you're doing fine. Your avatar is looking nice.
(I'm bad at giving attention to people, hopefully that was good enough)

Let me help: You are the greatest creature that has ever lived, @GamecubeMan! When you run, you do it with such grace and majesty! Your facial features are so chizzled and handsome, and chock full of expression! Your voice is like the angelic child of Morgan Freeman. No one's slick as GamecubeMan! No one's quick as GamecubeMan! No one's neck's as incredibly thick as GamecubeMan!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic