Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 11,921 to 11,940 of 96,536

MsJubilee

I noticed that people here sometimes has a discussion about something and @RR529 just derails it and post about dreams i love that! This isn't hate on you @RR529 by no means. It's just something i noticed

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TylerTheCreator

@VeeFlamesNL: You're right, it really depends on the context. But when "umm" is used for the purpose of being mean, I hate it.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Socar

Anyone here please try to encourage me a bit.

Ever since I'm doing the night shift, Its so depressing that I don't get the chance to see the bright sun again. No matter what happens, I love the bright sun because it shows a sign of happiness to me. Not only that but i'm not able to sleep well as I get only four hours of sleep...... and I end up getting hallucinated a lot, I'm getting a bit dizzy occasionally.

On top of that, I'm not able to think of anything positive about Nintendo anymore ever since the tragedy of what happened last month. My heart aches to see his face now gone and the fact that I can't be positive about Nintendo anymore. The only thing that makes me smile about them is Genyo Takeda's quotes of not every vehicle is designed to go top speed and Miyamoto's quote of a delayed game is good. A bad game is bad forever.

My dream is to make games for Nintendo in the end. I guess if fate decides to remove that dream of mine forever, then I guess fate wasn't kind to me. If I had the opportunity to make one game exclusive to a Nintendo system even if its a phone rip-off and that it turns out to be a good game, that's all I would ever want. I don't mind being dead after that as long as its a good game and that I have no regrets. I want to do so many things like being a second party developer for Nintendo but if fate decides to kill me before that, then I guess that's how it should be for me.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

@Artwark: Ask your boss if you can switch shifts. The worst he can say is "no."

Why would Iwata's death stop you from working at Nintendo?

TylerTheCreator

Socar

@TylerTheCreator: Its not possible to stop the night shift.

The new CEO might not like the way I want to make games for them and so, It might end up being depressing in the long run.

TylerTheCreator

@Artwark: What do you mean by "make games?" There's a whole team of people for each game that Nintendo develops. Different people edit different parts of the game.

TylerTheCreator

nacho_chicken

Artwark wrote:

Anyone here please try to encourage me a bit.

[snip]

If you want to make games for Nintendo, your only choice is to show how good you are at it. There are plenty of easy-to-learn tools for creating games out there - even some that natively export to Wii U!

Unity, GameMaker: Studio, and Stencyl are all good tools to learn and get your teeth sunk into game development.
Stencyl for learning the basics behind programming logic and full game development.
GameMaker: Studio for fast 2D game development and learning how to program in a C-like language.
Unity for 3D game development - you really have to completely rethink concepts in a 3D space.

There's also plenty of non-programming positions. Localization, marketing, QC. Any of those are more likely to actually get you a job at Nintendo.

If you end up making a game for Nintendo, I will buy 10 copies to support you. But you're not going to be doing that overnight. You need somewhere to start first!

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Morpheel: Nerds and geeks are to toally different things. You are not a nerd!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Whopper744

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Morpheel: Nerds and geeks are to toally different things. You are not a nerd!

I've said this before when people thing I'm a nerd. Nerds are smart and into science and stuff. I'm just a geek.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Socar

@nacho_chicken: I already tried all of that. I've made games on Game Maker already. And on top of that, I've just started working on a game company.

The only thing that I lack is making 3D games because I'm so bad at character modelling and rigging.

Haruki_NLI

So, in the UK under new copyright law, transfer of data or format changing of data is illegal. You cant burn CDs, to turn them into MP3 files. You cant use iTunes.

Best bit though, because transfer of data is illegal, you cant backup your PC, due to the copyrighted materials within that...well...make it work. And you can no longer transfer your games from internal to external storage on any console. If your Wii U runs out of space, tough, you can move the games to external storage.

The UK is great.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

-Green-

@Cyber-BLP--: Hey BLP, I have a question for you. Since you live in the UK you probably know more about this than I do, but is it common that people in the UK see themselves as too mature for Nintendo games and perceive them as childish and gimmicky? I had a conversation about that with someone and I was wondering if it was true (as in it's common) or if it was just a totally untrue stereotype.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haruki_NLI

@Aromaiden:

Its true.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

-Green-

@Cyber-BLP--: That's a shame; I was hoping it was just a stereotype. Thanks anyways.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

veeflames

So I finally decided to give Xenoblade Chronicles a second chance since everyone is praising it so much (I never got into it in the first place). While it's not as epic or mind blowing as I'd thought it'd be, I guess the game's far more interesting than I thought. Now let's hope I stick to it...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

mystman12

@Cyber-BLP-- You serious?! That is one of the stupidest laws I've ever heard of... No one is actually going to follow it, right? Hopefully consoles in your region don't just disable it entirely.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Eel

I went to Six Flags and got two cute plushies as souvenirs, a small scooby doo a friend won for me and a chibi batman.

Interestingly... I won a batman at a game, a different one, about the exact same size and proportions but more baby like. My brother and his wife really liked it so I gave it to them. Then my dad bought this one for me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Retro_on_theGo

I haven't seen a team put so much passion into getting their system back on track in recent times as much as the Xbox team has. The Xbox One was a disaster when revealed, but they've done a complete turn around. No required online, actual exlusives (something the 360 practically had absolutely nothing of), constant listening to the fans (no always online, kinect no longer forced, updated UI with faster loading speeds), list goes on.

I always liked Microsoft the least out of the big three but they've really turned it around. Trying to revive Rare's legacy after years of wasted potential, trying to fill the market they know they're lacking by making Scalebound exclusive, pushing the envelope by using the Cloud to do some absolutely incredible things in Crackdown 3. I'm not entirely convinced I won't trade the system in for a PS4 when Horizon: Zero Dawn comes out, but I'm finally enjoying it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic