Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,821 to 10,840 of 96,243

Socar

Now I have to do night shift in order to keep my job as a game designer. Seeing that I'm stuck with my parents, I know that I can't keep the job that I want to do.

This is why being with your parents is the worst nightmare because they control your life and they think they know your life better. I'm fine with the night shift but my parents probably won't be fine with it. Some life I got.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

Artwark wrote:

Now I have to do night shift in order to keep my job as a game designer. Seeing that I'm stuck with my parents, I know that I can't keep the job that I want to do.

This is why being with your parents is the worst nightmare because they control your life and they think they know your life better. I'm fine with the night shift but my parents probably won't be fine with it. Some life I got.

I am confused. Why can't you have a night sift job when you are living with your parents?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

mystman12

Artwark wrote:

Dude, your parents aren't out to get you. They want what's best for you, I'm sure. Be sure to respect them and listen to and think about their advice. They just want to make sure you don't make any bad decisions.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Today's episode of Anime Abandon wasn't just surprisingly sobering, it was kind of what I needed right now to get myself out of the funk I usually have around this time of year, especially since it reminded me that I always get this way because it was when I was at my lonliest as a kid. School usually got out at the end of June, and that month would always be when tests and homework were heaviest, so I didn't get to spend as much time with what few friends I had. And no, I never hung out with friends during the summer. This would usually be around the time I'd indulge heaviest in video games and anime/TV, just so I could pretend I'm not lonely for a while....I don't want to get too heavy into this, but I can definitely relate to what he's saying near the end, annd shows like Video Girl Ai were usually how I'd cope with it. I know I have a lot of sef-confidence issues, and none of the advice he gave was new, but it really illustrated to me that my problems aren't just my problems, and that what he and other people have been saying isn't just some malarky from people who don't understand, but are instead hard fought lessons from people who have been through the same pain before, and they're just sharing how they got through it. In short, I showed me that its advice I really need to take to heart. At the very least it can't hurt to try...no more than I'm already hurting, at least...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Electricmastro

What's with all these 80s and 90s video game companies (Capcom, Konami, Rare, Sega, etc.) lately? It's some stuff they're doing that's going on today is why Kickstarter gives us hope.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

SheldonRandoms

I go on the flipnote artist wiki page after a while of.......not checking it out, and I go to the home page, and..........
Untitled
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Socar

@mystman12 @DefHalan Somehow, my parent's don't mind the night shift.......wow.

Still, life in my opinion is still not worth it in the end. You're just like a slave that does what you should with no one listening or taking you very seriously. For years I'm under depression and now I have to prepare for things that don't turn out right.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

@Inkling

Sony wants to chat with you.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

CanisWolfred

This could be a topic all its own, but I don't care enough, so I'll just ask here: Um, this turned into a weird random train of thought, so...yeah...here you go:

Ever feel like you need the "right mood" to play a certain game you were once anxious to play? A game you had been waiting for, until it finally comes out, and then you still feel like you gotta wait for something else to happen - the stars to align or whatever - until you can actually play it?

I get like this a lot. I think for me, it's because I wanted to it to be so good before I got it, that I created a certain picture in my head, and I get afraid that the game won't meet that picture...I don't know why that's important, though. I guess it's because I got so used to having bad reactions to disappointment during my turbulent teenage years, that I've become very afraid of simple disappointment. Like, I'm not sure if I've built up the mental skills to handle disappointment, so I simply avoid it...and that usually results in me not playing games I want to play...it's really obnoxious. How the heck do I break this cycle? I mean, I know I just gotta accept that disappointment happens, and not everything is going to meet the perfect pictures I paint in my head, but saying that is not the same as doing that. How do I actually do that? How do I accept something I've been terrified of for so many years?

...or maybe I just need to learn to stop painting pictures and just try to accept the games for what they are. Embrace the unknown and decide through the act of playing if the game is actually worth playing. I used to do that all the time, but the games were usually pirated, so it didn't matter if they disappointed me...nothing was lost...

Mix of both, I guess. I gootta stop worrying so much about the disappointment and simply deal with it as it comes. I mean, does it matter if it disappoints? I think what's important is to see if I can enjoy the game, regardless of what it turns out to be. I guess that's what people mean by going into a game with no expectations. Problem is, it's hard to get excited for a specific game without expectations, at least once you have a large, overwhelming backlog. So I have to build some expectation...unless I just simply decide "I'm going to try such-and-such a game, and see if I can enjoy it" day by day...and just keep doing that as often as I can. Maybe do the same thing with the same game until I'm done with it, then move on to the next...that doesn't seem like a bad plan, actually...maybe I'll give a try. Yeah. I think that could work.

This has been installment #137 of Canis' Self-therapy, brought to you by: Ellipses, adding unnecessary pauses to sentences since 2008.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LordJumpMad

CanisWolfred wrote:

TL;DR something about games and feelings

Don't let the game play you. Let you play the game.
Also, hi CanisWolfred, its ok to be mad, feels good.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

LyIa

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ever feel like you need the "right mood" to play a certain game you were once anxious to play? A game you had been waiting for, until it finally comes out, and then you still feel like you gotta wait for something else to happen - the stars to align or whatever - until you can actually play it?

Oh, yeah. I feel that a lot. I'm trying to get to G-Rank in Monster Hunter, but every time I pick it up, I have to ask myself if I'm in the "Monster Hunting Mood," or something like that. I guess I have a small attention span or something along those lines.

all men are kings 👑

mystman12

So, I was ROM corrupting Donkey Kong Country, and everything was going as usual... Funny corruptions, creepy corruptions, boring corruptions, but then... Then I found the most creepypasta ROM corruption I have ever found... Be sure to watch the whole video without skipping around if you do watch it:

Anyways, I'm never sleeping again...

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

Guys, I need help! My Wii U gamepad won't turn on. What do I do!?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NintendoFan64

CanisWolfred wrote:

Is it charging?

No. The charging cradle isn't even detecting it!

LaserdiscGal

Is the cradle plugged in? Also try plugging the cable directly to the gamepad.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

NintendoFan64

Tommy_Wiseau wrote:

Is the cradle plugged in? Also try plugging the cable directly to the gamepad.

Let me try...plugging it in directly didn't work, and the cradle is plugged into an outlet behind a cabinet. I'll check if it's plugged in tomorrow, because I'd have to move the cabinet, and I'm worried that I'll knock something over (like the T.V., or the Wii U), so I'll just deal with that in the morning.

NintendoFan64

Okay, I just checked, and it was just unplugged. We got a new TV recently and I guess the charging cradle accidentally got unplugged while the TV was being set up.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic