Posts 10,281 to 10,300 of 96,534

ArabPikachu

Got hired for a job at the grocery store, Giant

*Accidentally double-posted because of a glitch

Edited on by ArabPikachu

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Captain_Toad

Welp, I tried applying for a job at that one place with my application paper, said they call back for 2-3 days, waited for a reply 2-6 days later, came back and they told me they have like a waiting period to sift out the applications. waited again. And I don't think they're responding at all. Time to go job huntin again. Sorry for a repeat post, just wanted to see if someone can give me advice, like a certain wolf...or duck.....somebody?

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Araquanid

I'm actually still trying to find a job to apply to.. turned 16 last week and every job I looked at prior I'm having second thoughts about even with the applications already filled out for them on my desk..

Walmart? Nah.. plus all the trouble that goes on at night in the parking lot and such.
Hoss's? Nah, I would be too pressured to get orders right.. washing dishes is never fun either.
Dominics? Maybe.. but the feeling of people's lives in your hands giving them meat cooked in 5 minutes seems a bit pressuring..
Gamestop? Sorry age 18 only.. darn.
Family dollar? Seems promising but to say the least that part of town isn't a good place to be..

I did get a job at a golfland near me that is pretty laid back and nice.. unforunantly it closes for the winter so not doing me too much good there despite how well suited it is for me.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

I saw How to Train Your Dragon today. A lot better than I thought it was going to be and a really well animated movie. One of the main reasons why I saw it is because this cute girl I like asked me to play a song for her on trumpet from the movie. Romantic flight..... I dont know why but I get the feeling I should go ahead and play it for her.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

^Definitely. Plus it is an impressive movie. Maybe not blow your socks off in the grand scheme of things, but definitely a shining diamond in the sea of $#!+ that American animated movies seem to have become...

It's weird how songs can sound different when they're coming out of different speakers. I had been listening to Make it Stop by Rise Against for a long time with my cheap headphones on my iPod. When I listened to that video on my computer with my apparently nice speakers, it sounded so different that I had to triple check to make sure it wasn't a different version or something. But it's the same song, there was just all kinds of sounds I didn't pick up on before. Weird.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ArabPikachu

I'm back from my first day of working at Giant and it went well

WinterWarm

GamecubeMan wrote:

Anyone on Nintendo Life play a musical instrument? I play trumpet.

I'm learning violin.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

Araquanid

SuperMalleo wrote:

I just discovered a trick where i can see a different person's forum posts. Not just mines!

Spend hours guessing passwords?

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Araquanid

SuperMalleo wrote:

Stomatopod17 wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

I just discovered a trick where i can see a different person's forum posts. Not just mines!

Spend hours guessing passwords?

If i did that WaLzgi might drop the banhammer on me. No, i'm not that kind of troll/hacker who pretends to like Nintendo.

How did ya then? (not accusing anybody of anything xD)

My Shinies

Araquanid

Cool!

Not really useful but interesting

My Shinies

Yoshi

The fact that I'm definitely dropping $140 (possibly $200) on games within a month's span and I see no problem with it is a little unsettling to me.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

MsJubilee

@brewsky Don't worry you're not the only person,who's going to drop more than 100 dollars on games in a month.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Socar

So like I'm having this odd feeling that somehow makes me think that Nintendo's games back then when I played aren't special to me anymore and that's crazy!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with me recently????? I want to be a Nintendo fan and the games that I love am not being able to love it again.......What's wrong with me? Is it because I've changed my interest? That can't be because I only stick with Nintendo and PC for gaming and I always am aware of Nintendo stuff.......Could it be that the recent games from Nintendo can't excite me or is it because of that fact that I'm not in the place where Nintendo is......?

I want to make games for Nintendo.....why do I have these feelings that make me stop loving Nintendo???????? I love Dream Team, Awakening heck even Dark Moon is a good game too! What's happening to me????? The all time favorite games that I played are for the most part from Nintendo games!!!!!!!!!! So why can't I love them again! Is it because like I haven't gotten most of the games legally like Fusion and Zero Mission? Because I'm sure I can do it at some point!!!!!!!!

Maybe if I go to jail, I can be relieved of these sins that I did to Nintendo back then........I guess that might help me ease the pain that I shouldn't love Nintendo anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or it could be the reason that since I'm in a place where Nintendo can's provide service, I'm all upset like this. Hell I was upset that my gamecube got busted and I can't play my games in it anymore........

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

It's 3 AM and I still can't sleep. I'm wired as hell, and I don't drink anything with caffine. I can't remember the last time I stayed up past 3 in the morning...might have been years...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Yoshi

@Artwark You could be getting burned out. Maybe you should take a break from video gaming in general for a while.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Kewlan

@Artwark You sound like you're right in the feelings part of puberty. Random feelings that don't make sense...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

GuSolarFlare

@Artwark give games some time in a month or two you'll be into games again, until then use your free time with other fun stuff, if you find two or three other hobbies you won't get burned out so easily from any of them.
it's especially pleasing if you find a sport you like or something to do with your friends every once in a while, more social interaction(with good people) never hurts.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Captain_Toad

I'm a tad bummed no one participates in the threads I try to keep running (like the music theme and avatar contests). Yeah I know that ppl has school but.....

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

ArabPikachu

brewsky wrote:

The fact that I'm definitely dropping $140 (possibly $200) on games within a month's span and I see no problem with it is a little unsettling to me.

I'm trying to refrain from spending as much money as possible until I make at least $1,000 by this November

Edited on by ArabPikachu

CanisWolfred

Fun fact, I tend to get seriously depressed in July and console myself by watching anime, including at least some, if not entirely just, One Piece. One of the major underlying story arcs of One Piece is the "legacy of D" and how a bunch prominant characters in One Piece's universe all had "D" as their Middle Initial (middle name?).

Today I just found out that my dad's middle name (which I didn't even know he had one) was "D", or at least initialed as such (the site I checked doesn't have a dot near it, though). I also found out he had at one time joined the US Navy (no one ever told me that). And he died at the end of July, 2006. I always thought he died in February, but no...that was when I first watched One Piece episode 483, for the first and second time:

when Portgas D Ace died, fighting for the honor of his "Father"...

Fun Fact #2 - My dad's first name was Isaac, which apparently means "to laugh". I was just thinking to myself that I need to laugh more often, even though I'm laughing (+ Crying) at the same time right now, albeit still in my usual subdued way. (I really do need to learn to laugh more).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic