Forums

Topic: SGDQ2014 hype! Starts today, who's watching?

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Crimson_Ridley

Yes, that time has come again; Summer Games Done Quick! I'm waiting anxiously for it to start, and have already ordered my T-shirts from TheYetee!

Are any of you guys looking forward to watching a week of speed running and incredible entertainment? I managed to get my PC up and running again just in time to park my ass in front of it for as many hours as I'm not at work.

Oh, for those of you unsure of what SGDQ and AGDQ are, please see GamesDoneQuick.com for more information. Essentially, it's an event put on by the SpeedDemosArchive and SpeedRunsLive community to raise money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation (AGDQ) and Doctors Without Borders (SGDQ) charities through speed running, donation incentives and prize giveaways. Last AGDQ they raised over $1 million dollars for PCF and hopefully they'll do the same for DWB this Summer!

For everyone watching the marathon, and that uses Twitter, be sure to promote the event with the hashtag #SGDQ2014!

Edited on by Crimson_Ridley

Crimson_Ridley

UGXwolf

All of my hype. I've been waiting for this since E3 let out. I've even been hyping up the proceedings to my entire Skype contacts list. Time to kick back, relax, and watch some brand new games get wrecked!

For day 1, I'm particularly interested in Super Mario 3D World, Super Monkey Ball 2, DKC, DKC2: Diddy's Kong Quest, and Banjo-Tooie.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Kaze_Memaryu

I'm really excited for it, but my PC is down, so it depends on whether my GamePad can handle the livestream or not.

And sadly, work is getting in the way of watching the entire livestream - or at least all the games I'm interested in.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Crimson_Ridley

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

I'm really excited for it, but my PC is down, so it depends on whether my GamePad can handle the livestream or not.

And sadly, work is getting in the way of watching the entire livestream - or at least all the games I'm interested in.

The GamePad is surprisingly good at Twitch, though it does fall down occasionally.

Crimson_Ridley

Kaze_Memaryu

Crimson_Ridley wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

The GamePad is surprisingly good at Twitch, though it does fall down occasionally.

It always depends on the video encoding and whether the encoding is HTML5-compatible. The Nintendo Livestream from E3 worked perfectly, and streams from SuperJeenius, for example, also work. But others prove to be a bit problematic. I'll see soon enough.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Jazzer94

Intersected in the DKCTF, Rayman Legends Race and SM3DW runs.
Untitled

Edit: I thought they were running DKCTF

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

ELI-ASH

I'll be watching but mainly on the archives. I like to watch everything. 8p

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

The_Ninja

I'll watch it, I've never done it before but seems cool. Wish there was a chat for it right here. For today I'm only intrested in 3D World tho. I

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

V8_Ninja

For those curios, here is SGDQ 2014's schedule.

There's some pretty interesting stuff here and I'm sure to do my best to catch the runs that I'm interested in.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Crimson_Ridley

Jazzer94 wrote:

Intersected in the DKCTF, Rayman Legends Race and SM3DW runs.
Untitled

Edit: I thought they were running DKCTF

I'm certain it was on the schedule at some point.

The runner may have dropped out, and I guess it was replaced with another game. I was looking forward to watching it, too!

Crimson_Ridley

sugarpixel

Oh, this is always fun! ...I don't pay much attention to these things, so I wouldn't have known it was going on without this thread... ^^;

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

UGXwolf

That 3D World speed run was awesome. I had no idea there were warp pipes in this game. That's something to surprise my friends with, in the future.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

That 3D World speed run was awesome. I had no idea there were warp pipes in this game. That's something to surprise my friends with, in the future.

I found the first warp pipe completely by accident on my first playthrough then went straight back to world 1 because I didn't want to skip a thing.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.