Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 2,400

StarBoy91

I'm glad I do art on the computer.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

retired_account

@Odnetnin: A lot of people ask me that. While I do want to include some subtle nods to great games, I want it to be my game and have my signature on it. :3

@bro: I totally forgot about it. D: I'll get on that now.

Edit: Yeah, you're at the end.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

bro2dragons

@pix: hm.... i was thinking something a little more professional, i think. if nothing else, then i think honestly the same font you used for the old PixelBros logo would be fun, just with WarpZones, instead, of course.

sorry to sound so demanding... if you need some inspiration, take a look at our site, and see what our theme looks like. the green, grey, and blue... or i can talk about it more with you in chat if you'll be on tonight.

Edited on by bro2dragons

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

retired_account

@bro2dragons: I'm not a professional. I don't do logo making at all - I'm a sprite artist. If you guys are wanting something as snazzy looking as IGN's or NintendoLife's logos, you should probably look for someone else.

Anyway, if you want me to do another one up with the PixelBros font, I can do that. I'll try to make the background look better too.

retired_account

Machu

Untitled

@bro2: Considering where it's going, I think that looks professional enough. You could always, y'know... do it yourself!

sorry, I cant stand ungrateful folk :[

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Percentful

bro2dragons wrote:

@pix: hm.... i was thinking something a little more professional, i think. if nothing else, then i think honestly the same font you used for the old PixelBros logo would be fun, just with WarpZones, instead, of course.

sorry to sound so demanding... if you need some inspiration, take a look at our site, and see what our theme looks like. the green, grey, and blue... or i can talk about it more with you in chat if you'll be on tonight.

Would you mind if I try making something?

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

retired_account

@bro: Okay, used the pixelbros font and some fancy gradient manipulation. The reason the swirls are there is to convey a sense of warping.

Untitled

Direct Link.

If you like the direction it's going but want some changes, please let me know.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

bro2dragons

@pix and Machu: yeah, i'm really sorry to come across as ungrateful or demanding or anything like that. really. i'm just trying to keep up with the demands of the boss. i am really grateful for what you're doing. it means a lot, especially when you're taking time off of your game project to help us out. and yes, it definitely did look professional enough, i think i used the wrong wording there, and just found it not... business-y. idk. i think you get what i'm trying to say, but yes, anyway, i'm very sorry. thank you a lot for the help, bro, and i won't ask any more of you. I'll let you know first thing next time i'm able to get a points card so i can gift you something for your troubles. and this new one looks great. THANKS!

@110: sure, why not? i do really like this one pix just drew up, but if you want to give it a go, i don't see why i'd say no.

again, guys, i realize i came across as rude.... well.... very rude, and i apologize for that. thanks for all the help, pixels!

retired_account

@bro: You're not coming across as being rude; no apology's needed. I know the boss of a site is going to want the best-looking logo possible - I should know, I've created a few sites before myself. More details as to what he actually wants would help me quite a bit, though. :3

white text with a "nuanced" blue background isn't very specific.

retired_account

Machu

@bro2: Don't worry dude. It's not like I've got much room to talk. I can be rude too.

I guess I just found it odd that a bunch of guys starting a website can't knock up their own banner. Also, if you want a professional look, you might wanna ditch them 'Author' photo's. was that rude? :/

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

bro2dragons

@Machu: haha, no, it wasn't rude, we were just having fun with those pics, though. we do want to present ourselves as a site that cares about our image though, and that knows games and how to write about them. granted, none of us are professional writers, but we do what we can. and we're definitely not artists, either. i almost failed art class in high school, and haven't touched anything artsy since.

Rm88

Hey guys, I made a Game Boy style Peach sprite, but...
Untitled
I can't decide what to do with the hair, I think the one in the middle would be the best since it would always stand out from the background, but the hair color is more accurate in the other two. What do you think?

ギャグ100回分愛してください

StarBoy91

I think it's really cool, Rm.

To each their own

Rensch

I like it. I prefer the middle one with the darkened lines.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

retired_account

Yeah, I like the middle one most too. Awesome spritework Rm, by the way. :3

retired_account

Percentful

I've discovered that I like recoloring things and fusing sprites, particularly pokemon sprites [because those are really easy to do].

Just let it happen.

StarBoy91

I see that your game's character, pixelsbuddy, is now a ninja. And I love ninjas. That's cool.

To each their own

retired_account

Yes he is. :3 I'm still animating him, though.

retired_account

Percentful

Cool! I get to play as a ninja that does ballerina jumps!

Just let it happen.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.