Forums

Topic: Third Place Vote - Best ANIME Tournament - ONE PIECE WINS!!!

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,215

k8sMum

anything trigun wins. peace & love!

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Twilight_Crow

Laputa all the way, if only for the music, and I´ve never heard its english voice acting.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

kkslider5552000

Not voting but I will say Castle in the Sky is easily the worst Ghibli film I've watched unless the 2nd half gets monumentally better.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

That trailer for Trigun was amazing, so that easily gets my vote. I think I've seen Castle in the Sky beforem but I don't remember any of it, which is telling.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Trigun! I remember my first summer watching AS every night (Trigun, InuYasha, Cowboy Bebop). Brings back all sorts of good memories!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

bobhobob

Trigun.
I wish I had thought of nominating Deadman Wonderland, saw some episodes my friend subbed a while back. It was ridiculous. Deserves to at least be on the bracket.
Anyway, Trigun movie.

bobhobob

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

JustAnotherUser

Laputa Castle in the Sky gets my vote.

JustAnotherUser

Bankai

Laputa: Castle in the Sky, which is the actual name of the film and it has awesome voice acting. But then I am apparently one of the few that realise that dubs are stupid. "Oh hey, let's take this Japanese film made by Japanese people and is a reflection of Japanese culture, and ask western voice actors to perform the roles. That's a brilliant idea."

Edited on by Bankai

theblackdragon

^ there's something to be said for being able to turn a movie on as background noise and being able to understand what's going on without having to constantly look at the screen. under normal circumstances i prefer subtitles, but if the dub is well done (as has been the case with the more recent Studio Ghibli films to be brought westward), i don't see why it's inherently a stupid idea to have done so.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

shingi_70

Castle in the Sky

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Bankai

theblackdragon wrote:

^ there's something to be said for being able to turn a movie on as background noise and being able to understand what's going on without having to constantly look at the screen. under normal circumstances i prefer subtitles, but if the dub is well done (as has been the case with the more recent Studio Ghibli films to be brought westward), i don't see why it's inherently a stupid idea to have done so.

Ok, I'll give you that. I've never tried watching a Ghibli (or any foreign film) as background noise.

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Yu Yu!
And Toonami's showing it?

Nope, that's old Toonami's promo. I just like it a lot. Hopefully someday they'll bring it back.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Ok, I'll give you that. I've never tried watching a Ghibli (or any foreign film) as background noise.

i do a lot of stuff IRL where i just need something going on in the background, whether music or a movie playing — drawing, painting, cleaning things, etc. and so forth. if it's a movie I've seen a bazillion times over, I can deal with listening to the original Japanese audio, but sometimes i like to listen to what they're saying in plain old English, y'know? :3

as for the current question, YYH all the way. Kuwabara is mah boi~

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

This is a really tough one for me, especially since I got close but never finished either, and I hear Monster has a bad ending, at least compared to the manga. I guess I'll vote for Yu Yu Hakusho, though - the entire cast are among my favorite characters of all time! Even Yusuke's girlfriend is kinda B-A.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RevolverLink

I'm gonna go with Monster. It get kept me gripped and guessing throughout it's entire run, and really made you invest in it's world and characters (even people that were only around for 3 episodes, like Martin). And I didn't have a problem with its final episode, which is the only thing I ever really hear knocked against it.

I have a lot of fondness for Yu Yu Hakusho too, but my favorite main character was put on a bus for pretty much all of the last story arc. I'm still not happy about that.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Popyman

I'm going with Monster--even though it has a terrible ending. It kept me hooked and was always on my mind until I finished it; the ride was great.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.