Forums

Topic: Nintendo admits its casual focus with the gaming industry has failed.

Posts 141 to 160 of 180

Chrono_Cross

LztheBlehBird wrote:

Ok, this is starting to bug me. Define "third party support". Last I checked, several third parties supported the Wii like Sega and Ubisoft. Perhaps the definition is "third parties that make the big games on PS3 and the 360". Am I correct in assuming this?

When he says third party support we're talking about third party games that don't cater to casuals. Take Okami, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes and Monster Hunter Tri for an example.

Also, anyone who says that the PlayStation 3 has a shallow variety has never owned one.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Reala

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Also, anyone who says that the PlayStation 3 has a shallow variety has never owned one.

Not sure that necessarily adds up, owned a PSP and felt that way about it kinda feel the same about 3DS too right now.

Reala

Chrono_Cross

Reala wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Not sure that necessarily adds up, owned a PSP and felt that way about it kinda feel the same about 3DS too right now.

Did you ever own a PlayStation 3 and feel that way? Aside from platform games, party games and maybe racing games, the variety in every other genre on the system is incredible especially genres such as RPGs, shooters and adventure games.

Just for you.

komicturtle

I will say I did put more time playing Wii than I did any other Nintendo homeconsole. For the most part, I played my Gameboys more before. Now, it's more Wii than DS/3DS or about the same.... :3

komicturtle

Bankai

I like how a thread about Nintendo's failings at a market level became a discussion about "WELL I LIKE NINTENDO, SO THERE SONY" "HEY I LIKE SONY, SO THERE NINTENDO."

So either some people honestly think they speak for the entirety of humanity, or they're having difficulty stepping back from their own bubbles for a moment to look at the broader picture.

But while we're going to act as though personal opinion counts as definitive proof of Nintendo's failings or lack thereof: As a RPG fan the Wii has failed miserably compared to the PS3. That's as close to fact as a subjective opinion can get. Yes the Wii managed to pull out a JRPG take on Skyrim, a weak Final Fantasy clone and a terrible game with interesting story at the end of its life, and yes I will always thank the Wii for giving us the best Chocobo game ever, but my collection of 30 or so PS3 RPGs that cover all different subgenres and tastes, not to mention the incredible range of PSOne Classics is in an entirely different league all together.

And now cue the whole "but Xenoblade is like the best RPG ever so the Wii wins!" defence. To preempt it: My save file for Xenoblade read around 60 hours when I completed the game. That's nice and all but there's eight or so PS3 RPGs that I've invested substantial more time into.

Of course I just wasted all that typing because this was meant to be a discussion on Nintendo's business model, right?

Chrono_Cross

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Of course I just wasted all that typing because this was meant to be a discussion on Nintendo's business model, right?

Precisely. You have failed Chocobo-san.

Just for you.

kkslider5552000

well I'm sorry, I couldn't think of anymore jokes while finding contradictions just with 5 seconds of google searching, so no one cared about the point of the thread anymore.

wait did I make that joke that Iwata must have been using mind control to influence stuff during the N64 days? Because I don't remember if I ever posted that one.

also, Arkham City is awesome. Shame on anyone who implied otherwise.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Chrono_Cross

Yeah, shame on anyone who has a different opinion than kkslider. His opinions are facts. Duh.

Just for you.

kkslider5552000

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Yeah, shame on anyone who has a different opinion than kkslider. His opinions are facts. Duh.

well obviously. Anything else would just be awful.

Chrono_Cross

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

To be fair he does have literally 100 per cent of game critics, and 97 per cent of user reviews that agree with him in this case.

Agreeing on an opinion doesn't make it a fact.

Just for you.

iroxursox

i love how people are like " I LOVE 3ds SO DIS VITA" or "I LOVE VITA DIS 3ds" when both are meant for a different market one for "semi casual" the other for " hardcore"yet we beat each other up like the worlds at stake

friend code is 0602-6743-0345 i like TRAINS
proud owner of a wii u, 3ds, 2 wiis, and a ps3.
currently playing MGS:3D
proud owner of a minecrat server.

MrArcade

I dont bash batman games i just dont like'em. Apparently the Atari lynx batman game was pretty good

MrArcade

Radixxs

Chrono_Cross wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

To be fair he does have literally 100 per cent of game critics, and 97 per cent of user reviews that agree with him in this case.

Or does it?

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

kkslider5552000

Radixxs wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Or does it?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN

Also, I would never not enjoy a universally Bioshock beloved Bioshock next gen Bioshock game Bioshock. Gears of War.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

iroxursox

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Radixxs wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Or does it?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN

muwhaahaha now my time to rule the world has come!!!!!!!

iroxursox

or maybe it's a clone of both

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.