Forums

Topic: Nintendo admits its casual focus with the gaming industry has failed.

Posts 161 to 180 of 180

theblackdragon

kkslider5552000 wrote:

MrArcade wrote:

ITS A MYSTEWY !

why would I want a crossover between Myst and TWEWY?

oh god barf why

seriously, i think you've hit upon the only possible way i would not purchase a TWEWY sequel. i hate Myst, absolutely loathe it D: D: D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

WaveBoy wrote:

I've only played the first PS3 Batman demo, seems great for what it is, but for what it is I'm just not interested.

Basically, if you're not a huge Batman fan you're not going to like it. I've only played Arkham City but if you're not into the whole beat em' up, sandbox game play (with a huge selection of side quests and backtracking), you're not going to enjoy it too much.

Of course, the only reason why I liked that game was because of the phenomenal voice acting.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

Chrono_Cross wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I've only played the first PS3 Batman demo, seems great for what it is, but for what it is I'm just not interested.

Basically, if you're not a huge Batman fan you're not going to like it.

I'm dislike Bat Man quite a bit (along with most superheroes) yet I actually really liked Arkham Asylum, and Arkham City looks like just my thing, despite me usually disliking Open-world games. Honestly, I think they're just great games regardless of the license, and I don't see how you can say otherwise so far. Your "negatives" apply to the entire genre...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

It was kind of like playing a Batman movie. For 6 hours. lol. Like I said though, I didn't really care for it and even my low expectations (I wasn't going to let that 96 Metacritic score get to me), I was still disappointed. Other than the overall voice acting, character roster and boss battles, nothing made me want to go back. I sold three days after I beat it.

@Mickeymac
Both of them are good games but the core game play doesn't cut it for me. The voice acting, however, does.

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

Speaking of Spider-Man, my experience with fantastic Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 (as terrible as the graphics were...) reassures me that I'll probably enjoy Arkham City - beating up dudes while exploring a sprawling city from great heights filled with stuff to collect seems to be something I really like.

EDIT: @Chrono you'd probably like Arkham Asylum more. It's more metroid-y. Might have more stealth, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Speaking of Spider-Man, my experience with fantastic Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 (as terrible as the graphics were...) reassures me that I'll probably enjoy Arkham City - beating up dudes while exploring a sprawling city from great heights filled with stuff to collect seems to be something I really like.

That's what River City Ransom is for!

Except there's not much to "explore" in River City Ransome. It's pretty darn linear.

Chrono_Cross

@Mickeymac
I do love Metroid... and I do love stealth games. I've been told there is a lot of backtracking similar to Metroid. If this is even remotely true then I'll be sold.

Just for you.

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

That's what River City Ransom is for!

Yeah, but you can't fly/glide/swing around in RCR. Also, I don't remember there being any collectables in RCR, just stuff you bought from the shop. I loved collecting those ability points in Crackdown, and the Riddles seem to serve a similar purpose.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

I actually love super "power" based open word games (I say power instead of hero, because the characters in some of these games aren't exactly heroes), but I'm not a fan of the more "normal guy" open world games (GTA is the only notable example I can think of). I loved playing Ultimate Spider-Man, Prototype, and InFamous. Those games just make you feel bad*ss when you're going about your business. The recent Batman games seem a little more "GTA" than "Ultimate Spider-Man", so I haven't tried them. Would I be correct in this assessment? (seems like a lot more physical brawling and weapon using, and less super powered beat down. Yes, I know Batman doesn't have any super powers, but they could give him some very powerful gadgets).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

mastersworddude

Yup the thing with casual gamers is that they are close minded, they want things that they've seen before and don't bother for anything new or original.
COD is arguably the most popular video game in mainstream, so people feel comfortable buying it every year, because "Everyone else is playing it."
Just Dance, people want to dance to the mainstream songs they hear everywhere, people buy all the new different variations of the game to dance to all the new popular songs
Mario, The reason NSMB sold so well was because of Mario's presence in gaming since the NES, he's gotten so popular so when people have their Nintendo system they think "Hey, it's a Nintendo system, we should get Super Mario Bros!"

You see where I'm going with this? Dedicated gamers are (usually) fine with buying any new game new IP or not if it looks fun or they type of game they'd enjoy.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

shingi_70

How can anyone not love Batman Forever. It has glorious ice puns.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

irken004

kkslider5552000 wrote:

also, Arkham City is awesome. Shame on anyone who implied otherwise.

Basically.

Also riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles...

Klimbatize

Sony_70 wrote:

How can anyone not love Batman Forever. It has glorious ice puns.

Yeah, the Riddler and Two Face had some hilarious one-liners about ice.

Wait...

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

komicturtle

Batman Forever... I forgot which one I watched.. Batman Begins or Forever. I'm leaning on Forever... I had a Batman game on SNES that my brother and cousin HOGGED to play it.

komicturtle

MAB

Michael Keaton was the best batman ever

MAB

Aviator

irken004 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

also, Arkham City is awesome. Shame on anyone who implied otherwise.

Basically.

Also riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles...

You forgot Catwoman.

and riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles riddles

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

MrArcade

Yay for changing this thread to 'why batman is awesome'

MrArcade

MAB

Batman on the Amiga/C64 is more awesome than the PS360

MAB

Adam

WaveBoy wrote:

Adam wrote:

I don't care so much about the Wii's lack of HD itself, ribbit, but the attendant lack of third-party support, ribbit. I hope Wii U changes that so we can get all the new fighting games and RPGs, ribbit.

Lol dude, the Wii via component cables set to it's 'normal'(forget anamorphic 'soft & fuzzy' looking widescreen)640x480p / fullscreen aspect ratio on my HDTV looks gorgeous, i'm getting a sharp & clear image and it looks absolutely beautiful. Kirby's Epic yarn alone has wowed me more than many of these PS3 Cartoon based video game demo's i've played around with....HD doesn't mean jack if you don't have the art direction(ect ect) to back it up. Nintendo OWNS art direction, they know how to make the most out of what they have and make a game beautiful regardless of the power under it's hood. Kirby's Epic Yarn, Wario Land Shake it! and Super Mario galaxy 1 & 2 are only a few examples.

And yes, while HD is fantastic...you get used to it and that HD wowza factor becomes not so wowza later on as it just seems natural. So what's left? The same bloody games we've all been playing on the Gamecube, PS2 and XBOX...But with what? More enemie AI on screen, flashier graphics, more polygons? Sounds pretty boring to me in this day age. The Wii was my videogame calling, it got me back into gaming where as last generation completely derailed my interest a couple of years after the GCN launched.

Either I'm missing something here, or you decided to quote something without reading it and rant on HD after. I don't get it, ribbit.

@Lz
I didn't say complete and utter lack of third-party support. Most of the big "triple-A" third-party titles bypassed Wii (FPSes, fighting games, RPGs... not Sonic Goes to Camp or Generic Dancing Game Part 100). At the very least, all of the ones I cared about, which, given my good taste, do not include Ubisoft and Sega games. Ribbit.

OK, I'm done, TBD. Make me into a cooler animal next time, please.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.