Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 10,141 to 10,160 of 14,348

TheDreamingHawk

First Catdog, now MLP? Wow, Shout must really love these kinds of cartoons!

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

MasterGraveheart

@GuardianKing: That Shining Armor comic was from an old Simpsons episode, I believe... I know it came from somewhere...

Oh, and simply because it was so funny to me, from that horrid live-action show, have this!

Untitled

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Lunapplebloom

@Wildvine53

That's awesome news right there! Though I started to collect the season volumes in Australia, I'll still pick this one up to show my support in the States. Plus, it's only a fraction of the cost of the volume DVD's and you get everything in one package. I wonder if they will also have episode commentaries for this set. Hearing Tara Strong and some of the other voice actresses/actors comment would be nice.

@TheDreamingHawk Shout Factory is just awesome in doing older shows, and taking risks with others. Though there is no doubt in my mind that this box set will be a winner for them.

@GuardianKing Love the Sibsy and Fluttershy one. Nice Rarity video also.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Wildvine53

@GaurdianKing The Pros being you show there is a market for full seasons of MLP:FiM on DVD, which might eventual lead to a Blu-ray release. Plus the dvd is getting Commentary from Cast and Crew, something you might be interested to hear. The only con I can think of is spending money on something you could get for free, but I think it'll be worth it!

@TheDreamingHawk Yeah, Shout factory seems to be the go too company for releasing cartoons on dvd.

Edited on by Wildvine53

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

MasterGraveheart

@GuardianKing:

Pros: You own it forever, YouTube will NEVER take them down, and you don't need an Internet connection to watch them.

Cons: Not all the episodes are available, the image quality isn't as good, some glitchiness to when an episode starts.

I think they're worth it if you don't just want to download the seasons off of iTunes like I did... but I'm STILL buying the seasons on DVD. :3

Also, THIS!

Untitled

Thank you, Equestria Daily. <3

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

GuardianKing wrote:

@Everypony Be thankful you have a watchful @GuardianKing, lurking about in the darkest hours of the night, having survived one of the cruelest, most disgusting onslaught of images you will have ever seen. A King who was among the few to spot horrible things, and warn our mighty Dragon Deity about it.

Be thankful...

Overdramatic much, geez. Also I told her first >:0

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

ToastyYogurt

DVD release? Finally! I don't think I'll buy, though. I can watch the entire series on Netflix, and I don't think I'll listen to the commentary. And if I do, my library might get this, and I'll borrow it when noone's looking. But it's nice that there's finally a physical copy of every episode in season 1 for those that want it.

@GuardianKing: Blu-Ray's biggest advantage is it can output video in up to pinny-pinsharp 1080p HD, whereas DVDs can only do 480i (SD) and 480p (ED). This only really matters if you have an HDTV, though, otherwise you can only output to SD or ED and there won't be a difference in picture quality. Blu-Ray players also have slightly better guts than DVD players, letting them be more interactive and allow you to navigate menus while the movie is playing. You aren't really missing out on that much, really. But HD is so much nicer to look at than SD, so for some it's a huge plus. For others, it's not worth the extra bucks (are Blu-Rays still that much pricier than DVDs, or have they went down a bit?).
And, the reason you should buy the DVD: It supports the show. When you watch them on YouTube, the people that make the show don't see any money. They'll get money from the Hub, iTunes sales, and Netflix (I imagine Netflix pays the publishers of the shows/movies they host on their instant servers, which is why you have to pay even for just instant). Watching the show on YouTube is basically piracy, and the best way to make up for that is for buying pony stuff. (I'm not hating on the people posting pony episodes on YouTube. Without them, the fanbase probably wouldn't be this high, and I wouldn't be able to watch new episodes until a few months after the season ends, when Netflix decides to put up the season. That, or mooch off of other's teleyvisions, and I'm not that kind of guy....)

Pinkie is startled when Gummy jumps off her and walks away. "Gummy! Where are you going?" Pinkie follows him as he walks back towards Ponyville.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Syrup

Bored.

Bored.

Bored.

Bored and having nothing better to do on a Saturday night, the N-Life user, @PlasticRevolver scoured the internet for some sort of entertainment. After countless tries to ease his boredom to no avail, he finally broke down, and decided to swing by the good old MLP thread and check on the current RP. He let out a deep sigh; Nobody had moved in days, and the darn thing had become so convoluted, that not even he could follow it properly. He knew what must be done. He finished his water bottle, and got to typing:

A giant wave of Smooze washed over everypony. In mere seconds, they were all engulfed in the violet mess. Everypony died instantly. The end

Plastic clicked the "Post Reply" button and went to bed smiling.

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!

I was going to post for the RP but it seems Revolver killed it. Sorry about not playing for a while, but I got sick. I've not been feeling like going online.
Also getting ready for school next week, I won't be around much, but you can count on a post every saturday .

FoTW

Today a simple announcement on the ==Fic of The Week:==
Past Sins
[On Fimfiction Normal Complete Teen]
One of the first great fics that came out of the fandom has been completely revised and adapted to season 2.
This famous story about Twilight adopting an adorable alicorn foal that could, or could not be Nightmare Moon reborn, has seen its fair share of revamps and revisions, but it seems we finally have the definitive version posted, yay. A must read for MLP fiction fans.

And have some D'awww:
Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

EvilRegal

Season One DVD??? I'm gonna be all over that like Fluttershy on a rare, exotic animal! Well, we saw that didn't have great results at the Grand Galloping Gala, so it may not be the best example.

At any rate, this is evidence of how MLP has transcended the fan base, and it has been acknowledged! I always heard there wouldn't be a full season DVD, because of the show being for little kids who might watch a couple of episodes, entertaining them in short bursts, et cetera. Well, guess what! Great time to be a Brony!

Now, time to announce an official FiM RPG made by Square-Enix.

@GuardianKing
Both are awesome, but I'm of course partial to F-Shy.
@Twilight_Crow
Awwwwwww! Baby ponies in their Jammies is full of SQUEE and yay ! Pinkie looks so happy!!!

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

RPGShaymin

Well, someone had to.

If someone asks, I'll post the other ones.
@GuardianKing
The Fluttershy one looks nice.
Past sins was a goood fic.
I shal read it again.
Now back to lurking.

I am the forever lurker.
3DS Friend Code:0989-1732-5647
Wob Niar

EvilRegal

PlasticRevolver wrote:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Now, time to announce an official FiM RPG made by Square-Enix.

They're going to put up a teaser site, then, everybody's going to get mad when it's only for iOS.

That, or put a teaser site up and later announce it's the first in a line of social games for Facebook.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

ToastyYogurt

PlasticRevolver wrote:

Bored.

Bored.

Bored.

Bored and having nothing better to do on a Saturday night, the N-Life user, @PlasticRevolver scoured the internet for some sort of entertainment. After countless tries to ease his boredom to no avail, he finally broke down, and decided to swing by the good old MLP thread and check on the current RP. He let out a deep sigh; Nobody had moved in days, and the darn thing had become so convoluted, that not even he could follow it properly. He knew what must be done. He finished his water bottle, and got to typing:

A giant wave of Smooze washed over everypony. In mere seconds, they were all engulfed in the violet mess. Everypony died instantly. The end

Plastic clicked the "Post Reply" button and went to bed smiling.

I hate you.
Also, the "nobody posted in days" part is false. I just posted before you did.

When will the NL Brony squad make a new RP? And when they do, how long will it last before somepony single-handedly destroys it? Stay tuned....

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.