General Discussion Forum

Topic: Have you seen the new Alice in Wonderland trailer?

Showing 1 to 20 of 31

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Funky_Gamer

1. Posted:

How many people have seen the new Alice in Wonderland trailer?

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bram070

2. Posted:

I only saw a picture of Johnny Depp with some weird make-up on his face, and now i didn't saw the trailer.

practise my stabbing!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

3. Posted:

I posted the vid in the Movie Thread

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

StarWolf

4. Posted:

It looks amazing, Tim Burton is a genius.

Wii FC: 6352-3778-7649-1119
Bomberman Blast! FC: 1849-0133-3360
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 3738-3436-9074
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 FC: 3351-9739-8322
Pokemon Diamond FC: 1204-3829-2741
Megaman Starforce Leo FC: 0173-9332-9576
Bleach The Blade Of Fate FC: 2020-4286-4419

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

5. Posted:

StarWolf wrote:

It looks amazing, Tim Burton is a genius.

Yes he is :)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Funky_Gamer

6. Posted:

The effects in the trailer look great.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

AuthorMessage
Avatar

J_Bitties

7. Posted:

I need someone to explain Burton to me. i think the movie, like all his other movies, looks terrible. it's bad enough he took severe liberties with the story, but making the Mad Hatter look like Carrot Top was a horrible decision.

On top of that, I don't think he's incredibly innovative or creative. Some directors/writers borrow from other movies, or you can see how they're influenced by other works but Tim Burton flat out RECREATES the world of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari in every single movie.

This movie would have been better off being given to Guillermo Del Toro.

J_Bitties

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

8. Posted:

It looks interesting. I don't like the look of the Mad Hatter, and it looks like they're turning it into an action movie. We'll see how it turns out, but I don't have high hopes for it.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

9. Posted:

J+Bitties wrote:

This movie would have been better off being given to Guillermo Del Toro.

Couldn't agree more.

It looks really good, but the moment I realised it was Johnny Depp in another Tim Burton movie, I yawned inside.

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

10. Posted:

J+Bitties wrote:

This movie would have been better off being given toGuillermo Del Toro.

So you wanted it to be an action movie in Spanish? Noooo thank you :P

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

11. Posted:

I did see it and loved it. I love Tim Burton and with the exception of Planet of the apes, none of his movies ever left me down.

And to the ones that said that Del Toro should made it, I think it would have been great too, but Burton is also a great artist and his style fits better with wonderland than Del toro's.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Majora

12. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

So you wanted it to be an action movie in Spanish? Noooo thank you :P

Offended me :-P

Majora

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

13. Posted:

Majora wrote:

irken004 wrote:

So you wanted it to be an action movie in Spanish? Noooo thank you :P

Offended me :-P

sorry, i didn't mean to offend, it was just odd to watch Pan's Labyrinth in Spanish

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

14. Posted:

@JBitties - Burton has said many times in the past that his influences are German expressionism, Horror B-movies (specially the ones with Vincent Price) and the works of Edward Burra. So you just pointed the obvious.
All filmmakers have influences from many other sources. There are no 100% original artists. That's absurd and unreal. Not even del toro.

You may not like it but the man has talent, vision and sadly is one of the very few genious in Hollywood left in a sea of Michael Bay's wannabes.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

J_Bitties

15. Posted:

Wow...so Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labryinth are action movies!? That's news to me...great movies, yes. Action movies, far from it. Burton's creativity and imagination don't extend beyond his love affair with Caligari. That's my biggest issue and Alice in Wonderland, no matter how you paint it, is a creature movie and no body since Henson (his work extends far from just the muppets) does creatures better than Del Toro and if it has to be in spanish, go for it. Beautiful language and has never prevented me from seeing movies made in Spain with the native language.

Plus, and I'm sorry to Burton fans but Del Toro does tension and suspense better than Burton. Devil's Backbone opened my eyes to that.

J_Bitties

AuthorMessage
Avatar

J_Bitties

16. Posted:

buffalobob wrote:

@JBitties - Burton has said many times in the past that his influences are German expressionism, Horror B-movies (specially the ones with Vincent Price) and the works of Edward Burra. So you just pointed the obvious.
All filmmakers have influences from many other sources. There are no 100% original artists. That's absurd and unreal. Not even del toro.

You may not like it but the man has talent, vision and sadly is one of the very few genious in Hollywood left in a sea of Michael Bay's wannabes.

Straight up copying a style over and over again is not being 'influenced' by something. That's straight up a lack of creativity. My guess is you haven't seen Caligari. Go watch it. All you'll say while watching it is wow...that's Beetlejuice, Nightmare, Corpse Bride, Sweeny Todd, Headless Horseman, etc...all wrapped into one movie to the point that I think Burton found the original set for Caligari and shoots exclusively on it.

J_Bitties

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Majora

17. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Majora wrote:

irken004 wrote:

So you wanted it to be an action movie in Spanish? Noooo thank you :P

Offended me :-P

sorry, i didn't mean to offend, it was just odd to watch Pan's Labyrinth in Spanish

That's just a joke. It doesn't matter.

Edited on by Majora

Majora

AuthorMessage
Avatar

18. Posted:

J+Bitties wrote:

buffalobob wrote:

@JBitties - Burton has said many times in the past that his influences are German expressionism, Horror B-movies (specially the ones with Vincent Price) and the works of Edward Burra. So you just pointed the obvious.
All filmmakers have influences from many other sources. There are no 100% original artists. That's absurd and unreal. Not even del toro.

You may not like it but the man has talent, vision and sadly is one of the very few genious in Hollywood left in a sea of Michael Bay's wannabes.

Straight up copying a style over and over again is not being 'influenced' by something. That's straight up a lack of creativity. My guess is you haven't seen Caligari. Go watch it. All you'll say while watching it is wow...that's Beetlejuice, Nightmare, Corpse Bride, Sweeny Todd, Headless Horseman, etc...all wrapped into one movie to the point that I think Burton found the original set for Caligari and shoots exclusively on it.

Straight up copying..wow..that just showed how a moron you are. I may stop talking with people that has ZERO knowledgfe of cinema.

Copying...shakes head

AuthorMessage
Avatar

J_Bitties

19. Posted:

Ahhh the elegant words of a person who doesn't have any arguements to support their stance. Way to resort to personal insults because you have nothing of any intellect to say.

Anyways, the way it stands, Burton is to Wiene the way Coldplay is to Radiohead.

J_Bitties

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

20. Posted:

@J Bitties

Nice comparison :p

But I actually really like Burton, despite him getting a bit obvious with his casting lately, and I LOVE Alice in Wonderland. I'm reading the book right now, and I think Burton was an excelent choice to direct an Alice in Wonderland movie. Anyone know who Alice is played by? I didn't recognize her.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf