General Discussion Forum

Topic: Game Fun Facts!

Showing 21 to 40 of 78

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

21. Posted:

The Happy Mask Salesman has two masks that might seem familiar to some people. First, he has a mask of Mario's Face and the other mask has the same face as the Mirror Shield in Majora's Mask.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
OrionLee

OrionLee

22. Posted:

To coincide with RamdomWiiPlayer's fact, the idea of Pikmin arose because of Miyamoto's hobby of catching bugs and insects when he was younger.

"This song is ending. But the story never ends."

Nintendo Network ID: OrionLee

AuthorMessage
StarBoy91

StarBoy91

23. Posted:

Bomberman and Black Bomberman make cameo appearances in DoReMi Fantasy. :D

Oh, and there's also a cameo appearance of Santa Claus (and Rudolph) in Secret of Mana, and you fight Santa as a BOSS!!! :O Truth.

Edited on by StarBoy91

I am StarBoy91, passionate about video games, big retrophile, and fan of all things 16-bit; may your day shine brightly
My Backloggery | StarBlog
R.I.P. James Horner
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
24 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage
Blue_Protoman

Blue_Protoman

24. Posted:

All your base, in fact, are not actually belong to us. However, a winner IS you.

Brawl: 4468-0656-5286 (Jesse)

AuthorMessage
RandomWiiPlayer

RandomWiiPlayer

25. Posted:

The Princess is ALWAYS in another castle.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
StarBoy91

StarBoy91

26. Posted:

People will always set up us the bomb. [snickers]

I am StarBoy91, passionate about video games, big retrophile, and fan of all things 16-bit; may your day shine brightly
My Backloggery | StarBlog
R.I.P. James Horner
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
24 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage
OrionLee

OrionLee

27. Posted:

All the town's names in The Adventure Of Link were later used as the sage's names in Ocarina Of Time.
(with the exception of Zelda and Impa)

"This song is ending. But the story never ends."

Nintendo Network ID: OrionLee

AuthorMessage
Stevie

Stevie

28. Posted:

StarBoy91 wrote:

Bomberman and Black Bomberman make cameo appearances in DoReMi Fantasy. :D

Oh, and there's also a cameo appearance of Santa Claus (and Rudolph) in Secret of Mana, and you fight Santa as a BOSS!!! :O Truth.

Where do you fight Santa in SOM, I am about 3 bosses away from comleting SOM but don't remember fighting the bearded one and his 4 legged friend, or have I not reached this fight yet?

This is good

AuthorMessage
VGM

VGM

29. Posted:

Playstation was almost Nintendo's Product.

Edited on by VGM

VGM = Video Game Musician
http://twitter.com/VGP94

AuthorMessage
RandomWiiPlayer

RandomWiiPlayer

30. Posted:

Wii update 4.2 was completely useless.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
StarBoy91

StarBoy91

31. Posted:

__Stevie wrote:

StarBoy91 wrote:

Bomberman and Black Bomberman make cameo appearances in DoReMi Fantasy. :D

Oh, and there's also a cameo appearance of Santa Claus (and Rudolph) in Secret of Mana, and you fight Santa as a BOSS!!! :O Truth.

Where do you fight Santa in SOM, I am about 3 bosses away from comleting SOM but don't remember fighting the bearded one and his 4 legged friend, or have I not reached this fight yet?

Then you've already passed him. He was the Frost Gigas boss in the Ice Palace.
Untitled
Also, whenever you visit a cottage in the snowy portion of Manaland, you'll see Rudolph outside, and Santa inside. The reason he changed, iirc, is because children were starting to lose belief. Crazy, huh? I'm four bosses away from beating the game, but I've never beaten SoM before.

I am StarBoy91, passionate about video games, big retrophile, and fan of all things 16-bit; may your day shine brightly
My Backloggery | StarBlog
R.I.P. James Horner
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
24 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage
IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill

32. Posted:

StarBoy91 wrote:

Cool thread, ryanknight. :)
Did you know that Ristar was originally gonna be a rabbit with extendable ears? It's true! Don't believe me? Go look it up on Wikipedia if you're highly skeptical.
Also, Ristar was a game done from Sonic Team.

Originaly, They were going to make Sonic with expandable arms. They scrapped the idea and made Ristar.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Rensch

Rensch

33. Posted:

Razzle+Dazzle wrote:

To coincide with RamdomWiiPlayer's fact, the idea of Pikmin arose because of Miyamoto's hobby of catching bugs and insects when he was younger.

Perhaps you're right but maybe you're mixing it up with this fact:

  • The idea of collecting monsters in the game Pokémon came from creator Satoshi Tajiri's love for collecting bugs as a kid. He was known as Mr. Bug among his buddies. The Japanese default names for the main character and his rival are Satoshi and Shigeru, the latter one being Shigeru Miyamoto who saw the potential of the game convincing Tajiri to work out the Pokémon concept for Nintendo.
  • Ayla, the prehistoric girl from Chrono Trigger, seems to be heavily inspired by the character of the same name who is the protagonist of the popular Earth's Children novels by Jean M. Auel which are about a young woman in the prehistory.
  • The names of Malo And Talo, Two kids from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess seem to be related to Malon and Talon, the farmers on Lonlon Ranch in other Zelda games such as Ocarina of Time.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight

34. Posted:

The four light spirits and provinces in Twilight Princess represent the goddesses.

Eldin- Din
Lanayru- Nayru
Faron- Farore

Except Ordana, she does not relate to a goddess. The official reason is that she represents the rest of Farore, as Ordan is not technically from Hyrule, as implied by Shad when he said "I hear he's not from Hyrule proper at all". But it could also be implying the existence of a Tetraforce.

Edited on by metakirbyknight

Stalk me on my Twitter.
Proud Homebrewer.

AuthorMessage
StarBoy91

StarBoy91

35. Posted:

Also regarding Secret of Mana, it was originally gonna be available for the Super CD addon, which was scrapped because Sony gave up on Nintendo so it was reduced to a 16MegaBit cartridge form. Looks beautiful, though. :)

I am StarBoy91, passionate about video games, big retrophile, and fan of all things 16-bit; may your day shine brightly
My Backloggery | StarBlog
R.I.P. James Horner
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
24 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage
Toon_Link

Toon_Link

36. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Wii update 4.2 was completely useless.

That's not true! When you update to 4.2, you get the SD Card Menu, or was that from an earlier update?

Toon_Link

AuthorMessage
Infernape1000

Infernape1000

37. Posted:

In Chrono Trigger, at the end, and I mean the VERY END of the game, Dalton raises an army and destroys the Kingdom of Gaurdia and kills Chrono, Marle and Luca. He also steals the legendary blade, the Masamuna.

If anyone has played Chrono Trigger, then this would make sense to you.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

AuthorMessage
StarBoy91

StarBoy91

38. Posted:

@Infernape - I take it you're talking about the DS version of it. I haven't gotten the ending yet, but thanks for spoiling it to me. :P

SoulBlazer is a game with some concepts lifted from Enix's earlier hit ActRaiser. The result = a complete masterpiece. :)

Edited on by StarBoy91

I am StarBoy91, passionate about video games, big retrophile, and fan of all things 16-bit; may your day shine brightly
My Backloggery | StarBlog
R.I.P. James Horner
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
24 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage
RandomWiiPlayer

RandomWiiPlayer

39. Posted:

Toon+Link wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Wii update 4.2 was completely useless.

That's not true! When you update to 4.2, you get the SD Card Menu, or was that from an earlier update?

Earlier. 4.2 was meant to stop hackers, though it was a useless effort. It was hacked within two days, maybe less.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
StarBoy91

StarBoy91

40. Posted:

Journey for the arcade, in 1983, was the first ever game based on a band. :) And quite a fun one too (thank you, MAME32, wherever the hell you are now).

I am StarBoy91, passionate about video games, big retrophile, and fan of all things 16-bit; may your day shine brightly
My Backloggery | StarBlog
R.I.P. James Horner
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
24 and proud =)
To each their own