Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,460

shingi_70

Untitled

This is my superman. I feel the movie captured the essence of supwrman, mostly because there are multiple takes on what superman is.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Mickey

@Sony_70 Naturally. I grew up with the earlier, Post-Crisis Superman thanks to my Dad being a longtime comic book fan. If you can overlook the flaws, whatever. You have fun with your Superman and I can go ahead and eat it because John Byrne's Superman (or just Pre-DCnU Superman) isn't coming back.

And only now have I realized how truly bitter I've become.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

RR529

I was able to squeeze in an episode of Arrow tonight!

(first season spoilers ahead). I'm not sure what I think about the Huntress being a recurring villain. I know he needs to have his rivals, but I don't think he needs TWO arrow using foes, and the "Dark Arrow" (not sure of his real name) is a much better one than her, IMO. Still a pretty good episode, though. (first season spoilers end)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shingi_70

Huntress would be considered an Anti-hero more than anything. Man I thought the first issue of the new Harley Quinn series was out today guess not.

But today is Green Arrow Day both the comic and Show today are both Bat related. In the show Arrow and BC are taking on the league of shadows, and the comic is going five years into the past as a fresh off the island ollie goes into Gotham during Zero Year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

ThePirateCaptain

@RR529
I think the Huntress is only in two or three episodes of the first season. That's not a bad thing in my eyes though, her actor wasn't great. I'm not sure whether or not she'll turn up during the second season though. So far it seems like there's too much going on for her to pop up again.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

shingi_70

@Mickey

There's still alot to like about the DCnu Supes. I agree he isn't as majestic as the post crisis superman due to age and lack of training but i like that DC took aspects of the golden age MOS and made a more scrappy Superman.
Untitled

WAT!

Mickey

@Sony_70 I'm sure there's a lot to like about him, I just don't like any of the things there is to like about him. I don't really appreciate that they borrowed some character traits from the old Golden-Age iteration of the character and made him more scrappy since I think Superman grew out of that. Or how, in every page you've shown me, he's always going "Oof! Yeah, I'm Superman and I love a good fighting! Do you want some more of a beating, you idiot?" But, again, that's all probably due to his young age or lack of training or both. Whatever.

You're entitled to your opinion, don't let me stop you from liking him, but, for me, he just isn't Superman.

Oh, and what's that I've heard about Lex Luthor becoming more like a Mad-Scientist than a cool, untouchable businessman that does some dirty work on the side?

EDIT: I hate to be that guy, I really do, but Superman looks a bit like Quasimodo in that last panel. It's probably because he got beat up by the villain...

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

HawkeyeWii

@Mickey I have to admit I was pretty PO'd when I was in the theater and saw Superman kill Zod. I was watching, thinking I know that he isn't Batman, but man I can't believe he just snapped his neck.....
I have to agree, Man of Steel wasn't exactly the "Batman Begins" film we were looking for, for Superman's sake on the big screen.

Sony_70 What issue of Superman is that from? The pic you have above that has "Next issue Batman vs. Superman".

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Mickey

@HawkeyeWii I wasn't looking for Superman Begins, I was looking for a movie adaptation of John Byrne's classic Superman: Man Of Steel mini-series that did everything right, reinforced what was already good about the character and cut out the bad, and was just awesome. But, again, that wasn't going to happen and I was fooling myself for thinking it was going to. One thing I can say in Man Of Steel's defense is that Superman's setup. We've established his character... eh, I'd give the establishing of Superman as a character a passing grade... anyway. Superman's been established, he has an incredible actor behind him and a costume that isn't the worst Superman costume I've seen. Now we're one step closer to a Justice League movie. And that, Hawkeye, is what really matters.

The Mousekeloggery

RR529

Caught the last hour of Batman Begins on Spike tonight. I really need to catch the full thing though, because it's been a long time since I've seen it all the way through.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HawkeyeWii

RR529 wrote:

Caught the last hour of Batman Begins on Spike tonight. I really need to catch the full thing though, because it's been a long time since I've seen it all the way through.

@RR529 I caught that too I have seen that movie too many times haha. You know you love a movie when you have litterally seen it hundreds of times but any time it shows up on TV you get sucked in again!

@Mickey I really want to be excited for Justice League, but DC, show me Flash, show me Wonder Woman, show me Manhunter!
And if there is to be a JL movie, please make the villain Darkseid!!

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Twitter:

shingi_70

@HawkeyeWii

The issue is from Justice League #1. You can buy the first trade of the series for $4 on comixology.

Please No. I didn't even like the new Origin in the comics being darksied invading the earth. Give me Staro or Despero.

Also when we do get a Justice Legaue movie the rostor will probably be the same as the current comics big seven/.
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Mickey

@HawkeyeWii Have patience. Comic Book Movies are very expensive nowadays so, naturally, it'll take awhile for them to come out with a Flash, Wonder Woman, and MAYBE (doubtfully, since J'onn J'onzz isn't a part of the Justice League in the comics anymore) a Martian Manhunter film.

@Sony_70 Wha? But I thought Darkseid was a great villain... though, this is the New 52 DC Comics we're talking about so...

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

RR529

Mickey wrote:

@HawkeyeWii Have patience. Comic Book Movies are very expensive nowadays so, naturally, it'll take awhile for them to come out with a Flash, Wonder Woman, and MAYBE (doubtfully, since J'onn J'onzz isn't a part of the Justice League in the comics anymore) a Martian Manhunter film.

@Sony_70 Wha? But I thought Darkseid was a great villain... though, this is the New 52 DC Comics we're talking about so...

I don't think the Flash is getting his own movie.

@Sony_70 could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Flash is getting his own TV series, being a spin-off from Arrow. They've already confirmed that Arrow is part of the same world as the Man of Steel movie, and will play a role in introducing certain JL heroes.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HawkeyeWii

This is where Marvel thrives and DC doesn't. They both have very very creative heroes, but it seems Marvel's are better suited to the big screen.
I just cannot see how Aquaman could work on the big screen without looking as cheesy as all get out! Green Lantern didn't fare to well either.
Altough in defense of Aquaman and more of the obscure heroes, I never thought Thor could work on the big screen and it did pretty darn well.
On a side note: Get that guy from Pacific Rim to play Cyborg.

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Twitter:

Mickey

@HawkeyeWii The reason why Marvel's movies are better than DC's, with notable exceptions (Superman, Superman Returns), is because Marvel isn't ashamed of its Super Hero heritage. If DC were to go all out, crazy, colorful, and yes: CHEESY. Because, when you think about it, Super Heroes are cheesy and DC (nor its fans) shouldn't be afraid of that. The thing is: they are, and we're just gonna have to deal with the "Oh my God, there are Super Heroes in our movies, this is so cheesy and unrealistic" world that Nolan helped create with his reliance on realism, his dismissal of Robin (until he had John Blake's middle name be Robin which changes everything for idiots that like to bring that up in arguments), and his blatant disdain for everything that made DC's characters so interesting. Face it, guys, this is cheesy:
Untitled
And this is cheesy:
Untitled
Neither of them belong in movies more than the other, but only one of them is proud of what it is. Marvel's proud of its cheesiness. DC isn't. And if anything's gonna be the undoing of Justice League, it's going to be that.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

shingi_70

One Page from each new comic this week I've read.

Forever Evil Argus #1
Untitled

A flashback to the past showing the creation of A.R.G.U.S. in response to the Justice League and Darksied Invasion.

Wonder Woman #24
Untitled
Diana is the new god of war. Kratos got kicked to the curb.

Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger #13
Untitled
In a world without a Justice League.. we turn to the guys better left to the shadows.

Green Arrow #24
Untitled
Untitled

I had to go with two images because the art is so freaking cool.

WAT!

RR529

I was able to watch episodes 18 & 19 of Arrow last night! Only 4 episodes left (in season one), and things are getting really heated up!

(season one spoilers)I actually teared up a bit when Laurel's mom broke down. Also, episode 19, the second Vertigo episode, put a halt in the story momentum, though. Things were getting really good with Malcom zeroing in on Oliver's mom, and the return of Deadshot, and the gang getting closer to discovering the meaning behind the list, and then we get another Vertigo episode... (season one spoilers end)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

shingi_70

@Mickey

You might want to try the Smallville Season 11 comic series. Its still a younger Superman but he has alot more in common with the Bryne Superman.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic