Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,460

RR529

Watched episodes 20 & 21 of Arrow last night!

There's only two episodes left, & I'm jumping in anticipation, lol. Everything is set in place.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shingi_70

@Mickey

Not really. All you need to do is maybe read a wiki page if you want more information For reference here's a quick story beats.

A pretty through montage of a big recap for every season up to 10.

The big moment from the series finale

Clark than goes to the fortess to get the suit save Air Force One and push apoalips out of earth's orbit/

The series starts one year after Superman's first public appearance (the series finale) where Clark defeated darksied and pushed apooclkips out of orbit. The hero community had been growing even before Clark offically becomes superman, but clark is what makes heroes publicly acceptable. Each story arc usually parts digitally and acts as an episoide of the show (or a story arc in comic terms). The series for the most part keeps the main cast of the TV show and since its in comic form can actually have a budget.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

The New 52 is amazing. Batgirl, Catwoman and Batwoman have amazing comics thanks to that.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

RR529

Looks like Man of Steel is hitting DVD & Blu-Ray on Tuesday! I'll see if I can't get dad to put it at the top of our Netflix queue.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Mickey

@Sony_70 Okay... that was some of the best new Superman I've seen in a long time. I'll check it out later.

Blastoise-san wrote:

The New 52 is amazing. Batgirl, Catwoman and Batwoman have amazing comics thanks to that.

They didn't need the New 52 for that.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

HawkeyeWii

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have read or know much about Suicide Squad. After seeing the end of !!Spoiler Alert!!! Batman: Arkham Origins, it really got me interested in Suicide Squad. I am thinking about subscribing to it or at least downloading some issues. Would you guys recommend it?

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

shingi_70

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have read or know much about Suicide Squad. After seeing the end of !!Spoiler Alert!!! Batman: Arkham Origins, it really got me interested in Suicide Squad. I am thinking about subscribing to it or at least downloading some issues. Would you guys recommend it?

Yeah i'm reading the current series. If your cool with bad guts doing cool but morally questionable things for the government than you should like it. The main team of Harley Quinn, Amanda Waller, and Deadshot are pretty damn great The current storyline starting last month in #24 ties into DC's big forever evil event and is reintroducing my boy omac.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

HawkeyeWii

@Sony_70 Ok thanks! Sounds great! Is Deathstroke even a part of the squad, because he seems a little above that organization to me.

Twitter:

shingi_70

@HawkeyeWii

He's somewhat affliated with Amanda Waller and Steve Trevor in the Universe but he's not on the sucide squad. Currently he act's as one of the crime syndicate's generals.

@Mickey

So what did you think of Zod in Man of Steel. I think the film did a Wonderful job of adapting the Kryptonians and just power level of A class super beings.

But this brings me to my point of Superman/Batman. How am I supposed to suspend my disbelief that Batman can actually convincingly go toe to toe with someone on much higher scales.

It's going to end up like this
Untitled
Untitled

WIth that said adding all these other Heroes into SUperman Batman is going to be stupid as it means a time skip most likely. It can only be done well if they're done as Cameo's and not as main plot points. Nightwing can actually work considering this is supposed to be a slightly older Batman who's been around the block more than Supes. Wonder Woman can work as a Cameo if its just one of those things that hinted at in the universe or they reference her, as were introduced to Argus Agent Diana Prince.

WAT!

RR529

Finished up episode 22 of Arrow! Man, that was tense! Only one episode left to go in season one.

BTW, I may be able to watch season 2 on CW's website, but I want to ask, should I watch Man of Steel first, to avoid spoilers?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

shingi_70

Nope they're still unconncted so far, with the expection of Amel teasing GA in a JL movie the universes aren't one in the same. We probably won't get a proper connection till next year when we have much more info on Bats/supes as well as DC's other TV projects. (gotham, Hellblazer, hourman, Avenger)

WAT!

RR529

^Okay, that's good then.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Mickey

@Sony_70 I think Zod started out okay until he became The Joker because programming. While I dislike what they did to Kryptonians and Krypton, they did capture the raw power of Kryptonians. That was nice.

The Mousekeloggery

shingi_70

@Mickey

Ignoring the stupid genetics and programming subplot, I thought that was Always Zod's MO. Dude loved Krypton, but believed that it would only grow stronger under his rule.

WAT!

RR529

Well, I finished up the first season of Arrow!

Wow... just, wow. That has to be the most action packed, tense episode ever. I honestly couldn't believe some of the stuff that occured here (I didn't know CW shows had this kind of budget...)

I'll eventually get around to watching season 2, but I'm going to take a break of it for a bit, and use Netflix to watch some movies for awhile.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

shingi_70

RR529 wrote:

Well, I finished up the first season of Arrow!

Wow... just, wow. That has to be the most action packed, tense episode ever. I honestly couldn't believe some of the stuff that occured here (I didn't know CW shows had this kind of budget...)

I'll eventually get around to watching season 2, but I'm going to take a break of it for a bit, and use Netflix to watch some movies for awhile.

You've never watched Nikita or Supernatural before. CW is pretty damn awesome and has bit spitting hot fire for a while now.

Arrow
Vampire Daries
The Orgingals
Nikita
Hart of Dixie
Tommorow People
Reign
Supernatural

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

Starting reading Batman: Year One for the first time. I'm about half way through it now. Now I can really see why most people say it is one of the greatest graphic novels of all-time. I love all the rookie mistakes that Batman makes. It shows just how vulnerable he was, when he first started out and he was in over his head. Great Book.

Twitter:

Tasuki

@RR529: I loved the season final for season one of Arrow. I almost forgot that I was watching a show and not a movie. Lol

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mickey

@HawkeyeWii I only saw the DC Animated version, but it's definitely worth reading or watching. It's the only Frank Miller story I've seen so far that I can stand.

@Sony_70 That's all well and good, but my problem with Zod in the film was that he became The Joker in that he was all like "You'll have to kill me before I stop!" and it just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it's explained in the film and I just forgot, but at this point I couldn't care less.

The Mousekeloggery

HawkeyeWii

Mickey wrote:

@Sony_70 That's all well and good, but my problem with Zod in the film was that he became The Joker in that he was all like "You'll have to kill me before I stop!" and it just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it's explained in the film and I just forgot, but at this point I couldn't care less.

Yep I'm really hoping Man of Steel 2 will be a lot better. Don't get me wrong I liked Man of Steel more than most, but there definitely were a bucket full of flaws.

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic