General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Showing 681 to 700 of 994

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

681. Posted:

@HawkeyeWii Thank you for officially settling that for us.

Back on-topic: It's too bad they've reset Luthor back to his mad scientist roots.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

682. Posted:

!!!Spoiler Alert!!!
For those that have beaten Arkham Origins, you may have seen after the credits that Amanda Waller the leader of the Suicide Squad came to Deathstroke and offered him a way out of jail.
Apparently WB Montreal is going to make an Arkham Spin-off game in this nature. Yes these are rumors, Geoff Johns supposedly confirmed it.
If you want to know where I got the info click here: http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-sequelspin-teased-aft...

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

683. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Goku is Japan's Superman.
Plus the stats they dish out in the Death Battle video rest the case easily.
Goku is far outmatched in every way possible.

Actually, in the end, they said that it's not the stats that determined their winner (mentioning you can't properly measure either's true strength, as both have proven time & time again that numbers are meaningless), but the very nature of the characters themselves.

Goku is always on a quest to become stronger, and ALWAYS surpasses his limit when the need arises.

Superman is trying to find his place in the world, and once he's sure of himself, his potential power is limitless.

When you put a character who never fails to surpass their limit up against one who has no limits, it's a tough call, but only one character has limits to begin with, and that just so happens to be Goku in this scenario. That's the reason why he lost.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

684. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

When you put a character who never fails to surpass their limit up against one who has no limits, it's a tough call, but only one character has limits to begin with, and that just so happens to be Goku in this scenario. That's the reason why he lost.

WOW WOW... WOW.... I assume by "a character that never fails" you mean Goku?
Thanks for reminding me of yet another ridiculous part of DBZ. Goku has died like at least 2 times when used to watch the show as a kid. If dying isn't failing, then I don't know what is....

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

685. Posted:

@HawkeyeWii & @RR529 Alright, that's enough topic-derailing for one night. Go back to discussing DC Comics-related things. Thank you.

Back on-topic: I'll freely admit, I loved Superman: The Movie. Despite it's prevalent comic relief scenes, it does have it's heart in the right place and it set a lot of what makes Superman great in-stone before the comics did. Overall, a fun movie.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

686. Posted:

Superman the movie is classic but its obviously a product of its tiem. Its one of the reasons why returns failed to impress. The universe the donner movies wasn't what people wanted in a superman movie at the time.

Arrow was pretty awesome last night. This show moves at a crazy rapid pace. Ollie and Canary already know who each other are and are allies in fighting. We know one of the potential big bads for this season. I liked the Mayor as a Villian and was hoping he would have stayed for a few episodes. But look league of assissasns next week.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

687. Posted:

@Sony_70 Yes. Because everyone collectively disliked Superman Returns. Nobody has ever found any enjoyment in the film whatsoever. It was universally panned by everyone.
Untitled

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

688. Posted:

Watched episodes 13 & 14 of Arrow last night! Things are getting unreal.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

689. Posted:

Who else saw the new Justice League War trailer?

"It's an Invasion of Monsters!"
-Some Kid

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

690. Posted:

Batman showed up on our porch last night. Who knew he had such a sweet tooth... :P

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

691. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@Sony_70 Yes. Because everyone collectively disliked Superman Returns. Nobody has ever found any enjoyment in the film whatsoever. It was universally panned by everyone.
Untitled

Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

692. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@Sony_70 Yes. Because everyone collectively disliked Superman Returns. Nobody has ever found any enjoyment in the film whatsoever. It was universally panned by everyone.

Considering it made over $390 Million at the box office worldwide... yeah I'm pretty sure a few people liked it.
The only thing I felt that was flawed about it was the smaller "S" on the suit and the movie as a whole was a tad long.
Untitled
This was about the best image I could get. Yes the Superman returns pic is farther back than the others, but oyu can clearly tell how much smaller and how less it stands out in comparison to say, Reeve's emblem.

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

693. Posted:

@HawkeyeWii Same with Cavill's emblem. They made the emblem smaller because of Routh's body type. Cavill's emblem, on the other hand, has no excuse. Cavill's got the body type. I would've LOVED the Cavill suit if they made the emblem this size:
Untitled
Though, to be fair, I would've loved the Cavill suit if it was just the Pre-Flashpoint Comic suit.

PS: I'm surprised that your only problem with the film was the emblem's size and the film's length. I thought I heard you say you disliked it. :/

I hope you caught my sarcasm on that other post.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

694. Posted:

Just watched episodes 15 & 16 of Arrow!

I could take or leave 15, but 16 was all sorts of awesome!

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kenchi

695. Posted:

I want to see better villains on the big screen. Give me Solomon Grundy. Give me Eclipso. Give me frigging Ambush Bug!
Had enough of Zod, Luthor and yes, I have had enough of the Joker.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

696. Posted:

@Kenchi While I totally agree with you on the 'had enough of The Joker' part, Solomon Grundy isn't what I'd call a better villain. I'm thinking more along the lines of an ACTUAL Mr. Freeze, Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, Darkseid, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Bizarro, a Post-Crisis Lex Luthor, etc. etc.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

697. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@Kenchi While I totally agree with you on the 'had enough of The Joker' part, Solomon Grundy isn't what I'd call a better villain. I'm thinking more along the lines of an ACTUAL Mr. Freeze, Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, Darkseid, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Bizarro, a Post-Crisis Lex Luthor, etc. etc.

Yes! I would love to see a Mr. Freeze done right! And Brainiac has always been on my mind. Maybe Man of Steel 2 or 3?
Fun Fact: Brainiac was going to be the main villain for a Superman movie that never got made. "Superman Lives"

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

698. Posted:

@HawkeyeWii Fun Fact: Bizarro and Brainiac were both likely-candidates for the main antagonist role in Superman Returns 2 (Or, ironically, as it was supposed to be called "Superman: Man Of Steel").

What that means is: Bryan Singer doing Brainiac or Bizarro in an action-packed sequel to his admittedly-soft love-letter to the Donner films will never be seen because people couldn't stomach a little story in their Superman films. I was so pissed upon finding that out that I still dislike a large portion of the Superman film fanbase. Though, they did regain a considerable amount of credibility when they pointed out how awful Man Of Steel was...

Edited on by theblackdragon

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

699. Posted:

That is ironic haha. With how negative the reviews were, pretty much all around for Man of Steel, I actually really enjoyed it. Man of Steel is probably my second favorite Superman film right behind the original 1978 movie.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

700. Posted:

@HawkeyeWii It's not really ironic, since you've proven numerous times that you don't know what makes Superman so great. A lot of my problems with the film (a lot, but not all) stem from Zod.

Now I'll be the first to admit that Zod started out okay. He was a tad too extreme but you could understand him... then came the scene where he was like "I won't stop until you kill me so you're gonna have to kill me, you dumby-head."

My theory on this scene is that Christopher Nolan was writing it, then he started violently bashing a blunt object on his head for no apparent reason, and then he thought he was writing The Joker. So he wrote a big scene where Superman's forced to kill The Joker. Superman couldn't have held onto Zod and flown out of the building, turn his head just enough so he DOESN'T KILL HIM, or cover Zod's eyes. Why couldn't he do these things? Well, he couldn't because...

Anyway. The whole film just seemed too afraid to be the inspiring Superman film that it promised everyone it was going to be. Jonathan Kent was the polar opposite of the actual Jonathan Kent from the comics. He didn't teach Clark to use his powers for good, he told him to HIDE. Because that's what Jonathan Kent's character is. Paranoid and stupid. The Super-Computerized-Digital-Jor-El v1.1 ends up being the one to tell Clark that he can be Superman and it just comes off as: the Writers wrote themselves into the corner so they brought Jor-El back so that they didn't have to change much. Oh, and if you're going to argue that Jor-El's presence in this film was similar to Jor-El's presence in the Donner films, don't.

Overall, the film rejected the heart and soul (or any heart and soul for the most part) of Superman. Fact is: Superman being an Alien IS NOT his defining character trait. The fact that the films haven't caught on to this concept still boggles my brain. This is the heart and soul of Superman as we know it:
Untitled
He was born (or "bred" because John Byrne was needlessly concerned about him being born on another planet. But that's another story.) on Krypton, but he was raised on Earth. He belongs to Earth as much as you or me so we don't have to spend twenty minutes with Digital Jor-El talking to him. It's cute that he gets to talk to his son, but it's ultimately pointless because Jonathan Kent is Clark's real Father. He's more Jonathan's son than Jor-El's son (hey, I just realized that their names both start with 'J's. What's up with Superman and 'J's...) based purely on the fact that he knew Jonathan longer than he knew Jor-El. Despite that, the movie makes Jonathan Kent out to be a paranoid, overbearing, crazy person that doesn't want to be saved by his son because it'd expose him. Wait, couldn't he just run at normal speed, Jon? He can do that... you'd be a lot less dead and he'd be a lot less scarred if you'd just let him run and save you. And why did you go near the Twister? To save the Dog? Eh. Whatever.

On the other hand: The action was fantastic and the special effects were really good. Oh, and I really liked Henry Cavill as Superman. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing him in the Batman & Superman film that isn't actually named Batman vs. Superman but it might as well since they directly quoted the dumbest line from TDKR.

I have ADD if you hadn't figured that out already. Sorry for rambling, I just like to backup my opinions. You're entitled to your own opinion... :) even if it's wrong.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse