Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,460

the_shpydar

I will never be able to get over the fact that DC brought back Jason Todd.
Damn Superboy-Prime and his continuity-altering punches.
Ironically, I really like the Superboy-Prime character, though it seems i'm in the extreme minority on that one

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

Red Hood aka Jason Todd. Todd was the second Robin after Dick Grayson left the Robin Identity to become Nightwing. He much different than Dick or Bruce seeing as he didn't become a hero because of seeing his parents fall at the hands of criminals. He acutally came form a pretty crappy home and was taken in by Bruce as a way to keep him from becoming someone batman would have to face in the line of duty. His mom was rich girl turned drug addict and his Father was a criminal working for Two-face. Todd was a very Darker Robin using more violent moves to take out criminals than Dick and at one point letting a criminal far to his death after hesitating to help him.Todd is eventual killed by the Joker in an attempt to save his mother only for them both to die.

In the old universe there was a stupid reason for him coming back but in the New 52 Ras Al Ghul put Todd into the Lazarus Pit turning him a bit insane. Todd bonds with Talia and gets taken some ancient monks to learn how to be a bad ass even more so than being a mini batman clone. He takes the Identify of the Red Hood (The Original Alias of the Joker) and takes a more proactive take one crime killing and trying to Control is compared to Batman. This goes with him beating the third robin Mary Sue Tim Drake to near death. He also has major daddy issues with Bruce being mad that bruce didn't kill the Joker for taking them away from each other.

In the modern series Jason is considered the Black Sheep of the Batfamily and Arguably up to recently Bruce's biggest failure. The Red Hood series is that Jason is more of an Anti-hero than Villain. He really tires to keep out of Bruce's way but keeps in touch with Tim and Alfred. The series is titled Red Hood and the Outlaws and is about Jason hanging out with Roy Harper aka Arsenal former Green Arrow Sidekick and Drug Addict and Kory aka Firestorm. They're less Superheroes and more just friends who don't fit anywhere else on a road trip fighting Magic Ninjas, Crime bosses, and toppling alien empires. A

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

HawkeyeWii

See that is what I found weird. Because I have always known the Red Hood guy to be a bad guy.
So what did Jason Todd look like as Robin? and I also thought Tim Blake was the second Robin? One of the only minor... minor problems I have with Batman is that there have been way too many lackeys in the series' history.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

KaiserGX

Tim DRAKE. He's the third. Watch the animated movie Under the Red Hood. I enjoyed it a lot. I really liked the Joker there but I know there's a lot of people that didn't like him there. Tim Blake doesn't exist in the comics. It was just a compilation of Robins for the Dark Knight Rises.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

shingi_70

So DC has started a new feature on its site showing new things coming to the nu new 52. Yesterday's was a character named Papa Midnite who's going to be popping up in Constantine soon.
Untitled

They also show how a Panel from the constatine preview was changed for the actual book.
Untitled
Untitled

Made it more darker with more Occult Look and switched our Dr,Occult for some new guy as apart of the founders of the cold flame. I'much prefer the first one with the suits since its in line of what we've seen of the modern day magic DC universe scene which is embedded into the club scene and stuff.

Today's for a new character named Joker's Daughter
Untitled

i'm guessing she's going to be in the Nightwing book as apart of the September villain moth that's been rumored.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

HawkeyeWii

Today is officially the 75th Anniversary of the worlds first and most popular superhero!
Superman!!!
Untitled

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Anyone can continue to share and post about other DC heroes as well, but for today, I would like everyone to post their favorite moments they had with Superman. Whether it be comics, a movie, the many cartoons, or a videogame.

For me, Superman was my first hero. And one of my first memories of Superman was getting this action figure! Complete with "take off arm thrust action"hahaha
Untitled

Twitter:

Mickey

Backstory: Mongul gave Superman a little "gift" that put Superman in a dream world where everything that could have gone right did. Krypton didn't explode, he's married to a woman that's basically a blend of Lois and lana (his two main love interests,) and HE HAS A SON. Unfortunately, he has to give it all up to stop Mongul from taking over the world. Another example of Superman choosing what's right over what he wants.

So naturally he's pissed off when he faces Mongul:
It just showcases why Superman is my favorite hero. He's human.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

HawkeyeWii

Why does Mongul look so much like Darksied????

Twitter:

shingi_70

My favorite issue of any superman comic is Action Comics #775 what's so funny about truth, Justice, and the American way. It was the basis for the Superman vs the elite cartoon.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

So Noble yet Badass

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

"You stupid son of a motherless camel tick" Probably the dumbest and funniest insult I have ever heard in my life. lololol

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

One of the first Superman comics I can remember getting. I actually still have this one too!
Untitled

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Untitled
Another that I still have. Idk if this one is worth much or what, but I love the cover! It is a different angle of the first Issue of Action Comics

Twitter:

shingi_70

I've also been enjoying the smallville comic series which has pretty funny moments.
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Happy_Mask

I used to watch that Batman and Superman movie when I was a kid on tape, I watched it so many times, it wore out!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

HawkeyeWii

Happy_Mask wrote:

I used to watch that Batman and Superman movie when I was a kid on tape, I watched it so many times, it wore out!

I just got that movie a few months ago
Great cartoon!

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

I love those nice smooth and light parts of the song. I imagine being in the clouds!

Twitter:

shingi_70

HawkeyeWii wrote:

One of the all-time greatest movie themes ever made!

All of the superman theme's are. ace.

In some ways I find the smallville one better than the Johns Williams theme but that's probably because Smaallville came out when I was 9 and was my first real experience with superman other than cartoons.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic