Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,460

HawkeyeWii
I have never been able to make sense of this scene. Like WTF. both the cellophane throw and the guy shrieking like no other hahaha

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

RR529

My first encounter with Superman was probably that old 1960's Super Friends cartoon, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Batman_Justice

I'm pretty new to this site, but it is cool that I already found a DC comics forum.
Thanks for the heads up otherwise I would have never known it was the 75th anniversary. I completely forgot!

Batman_Justice

HawkeyeWii

Wait when was I anti aqua man? haha
Oh and nice to see someone join the tread @batman_H12

Twitter:

Mickey

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I want to see DC try to make an Aquaman movie that isn't totally laughable haha

What do you know? You said "haha" exactly like when you laughed at the idea of an Aquaman movie... I remember these things. It's not that I hold a grudge on you, I just thought I was learning something about you. If I misinterpreted you, I'm sorry.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

HawkeyeWii

/that was because seriously just think of a way a live action Aquaman movie could work...
kinda cool as a comic book character but not in a live action movie

Twitter:

Mickey

HawkeyeWii wrote:

/that was because seriously just think of a way a live action Aquaman movie could work...
kinda cool as a comic book character but not in a live action movie

The story of a man that must become the king that Atlantis needs. I think that's how a Aquaman movie could work, and that's not even touching on the whole evil brother angle! And don't say 'but what about Loki!' The evil brother thing has been done a ton of times and I think that DC could do it right if not better.

The Mousekeloggery

HawkeyeWii

I want to see a Flash movie! I think if you did it correctly you could really make a good movie with some of the material.
At first glance it seems like you will be watching a movie with a guy that just runs super fast, no. It could be an amazing movie!

Twitter:

shingi_70

Aquaman could work as a movie if its based on Geoff Jonhs current story arc.

The firsts story arc sets up the Aquaman status quo of his supporting cast and is a Monster Lagoon style story.

The second story arc is a globe trotting adventure following him and this team he used to be one travel the globe trying to get Atlantean artifacts from Black Manta. Also sets up a interesting proposition on why Black Manta and Aquaman hate each other.

The third story arc is a crossover with Justic league and deals with Atlantis declaring war on the Surface world and the league being unprepared and Aquaman has to take the throne from his brother

The Current story arc is Aquaman is once again King of Atlantis and has too deal with trying to keep his brother from being executed by America, who;e dealing with surface dwellers with stolen Atlantis tech. He also as to deal with ana chient evil come to take the throne, while his wife stays on the surface and gets into shenanigans.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Mickey

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I want to see a Flash movie! I think if you did it correctly you could really make a good movie with some of the material.
At first glance it seems like you will be watching a movie with a guy that just runs super fast, no. It could be an amazing movie!

The Flash--while an OK character on his own--is an overrated character in my honest opinion and should just get the Hawkeye treatment (which means he cameos on another movie and appears in Justice League.) I'll admit I might have a little bias in this subject because I HATE IT when people say "Batman, Superman and The Flash" when talking about DC. Which is why I always make a point to say "Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman" because

A. Wonder Woman could kill Superman if she wanted to (Sword of hephaestus) and could take Batman out no sweat (no kryptonite.)

B. Wonder Woman is an awesome character that hasn't gotten the exposure she deserves.

C. I like the Superman/Batman series, Which is why I put Batman after Superman. Some names just work better like that (Lois & Clark, Tom & Jerry etc.)

The Mousekeloggery

shingi_70

The flash is too awesome of a character to be sidelined like Hawkguy. The Flash has so much potential for story telling. You could base the movie around Barry llen being a police scientist and a light crime movie. Or play up the rouges pulling off a heist and have the movie be Ocean's 11 with superheroes.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Mickey

Sony_70 wrote:

The flash is too awesome of a character to be sidelined like Hawkguy. The Flash has so much potential for story telling. You could base the movie around Barry llen being a police scientist and a light crime movie. Or play up the rouges pulling off a heist and have the movie be Ocean's 11 with superheroes.

I feel that saying "it could be like (insert movie here) with superheroes" limits a superhero movie's potential. A superhero movie should (In my opinion) be beyond other movies in scale. The Flash (Barry Allen) is a great character but they shouldn't just spend a million-billion dollars on him in my opinion. His character is great, but not the level of great that is the DC Trinity (Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman.) But, what do I know? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe a Flash movie would be the highlight of the DC Cinematic Universe. I'm just saying that, in my honest opinion, it would be a waste.

The Mousekeloggery

HawkeyeWii

@MickeyTheGreat
I hate it when people look at Batman and just because he doesn't have powers they basically rule him out of having any chance at beating someone with powers.
In my opinion, Batman is by far one of the hardest super heroes to beat. Batman is never easily beaten by anyone.
Heck he nearly killed Superman when he was an old man of 55+ years of age.

Twitter:

shingi_70

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

I feel that saying "it could be like (insert movie here) with superheroes" limits a superhero movie's potential. A superhero movie should (In my opinion) be beyond other movies in scale. The Flash (Barry Allen) is a great character but they shouldn't just spend a million-billion dollars on him in my opinion. His character is great, but not the level of great that is the DC Trinity (Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman.) But, what do I know? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe a Flash movie would be the highlight of the DC Cinematic Universe. I'm just saying that, in my honest opinion, it would be a waste.

Arguably most of marvels movies fall into that category.

Also batman should lose to most people in the DCU but writers have fetish for prep time batgod. It doesn't make sense to batman often have trouble with his rouges if he's capable of fighting Omega level metahumans..

WAT!

Happy_Mask

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@MickeyTheGreat
I hate it when people look at Batman and just because he doesn't have powers they basically rule him out of having any chance at beating someone with powers.
In my opinion, Batman is by far one of the hardest super heroes to beat. Batman is never easily beaten by anyone.

Green Lantern Batman is the strongest thing in the universe.
Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

KaiserGX

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@MickeyTheGreat

I hate it even more when people look at Batman and say he can beat ANYONE with prep. People keep mentioning the Dark Knight Returns but ignore the other 7 times Superman beat Batman. Also the Superman from the Dark Knight Returns was weakened by a nuke, had lack of sunlight for weeks, was holding back, and Batman had help from Green Arrow. It was 30 years of prep that Batman did. He was no wear near killing him. That wasn't the plan though. The plan was to fake his own death.

This is what happened though. "Batman broke a leg, Batman broke two ribs. And Superman broke...a sweat"

Btw Woman Woman can take on Superman. Aquaman I think is about on par or close enough.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

HawkeyeWii

Yeah never said anything about a Green Lantern Batman. Who cares about that. I have never heard of that.
In Injustice Gods Among Us. Who is the only hero in the whole game who doesn't succumb to corruption and keeps his head straight? Batman
Who is the smart one that brings people in to take down a crazy Superman? Batman

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

I don't want to argue with you guys about Batman and who is the best. I am not saying that Batman is the best, I am just saying that he is a lot better than a lot of you give him credit for. Having zero super powers does not equal a puny character. In my opinion the less super powers and super natural stuff about character, the better.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic