Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,460

iKhan

What do you guys want to see out of the DCCU?

Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of DC's universe than Marvel's (aside from Spider-man. On my list of favorite heroes, it goes 1. Spidey, then everyone else is DC), so I can only hope that it'll be good, despite the fact that I'm incredibly nervous about it.

Really, there are only 2 surface level things I want to see.
1. Martian Manhunter- I'm a sucker for telepaths. They can just be such interesting characters.
2. Vandal Savage- I find that he really tends to have a really commanding presence.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

For Justice League I know that Darkseid will probably be the baddie, but I'm hoping they go with Starro myself. He's a dumb giant Star Fish and I need to see that on screen.

As for heroes I'd to see the Green Lantern movie introduce Atom Strange and Alana.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

For Justice League I know that Darkseid will probably be the baddie, but I'm hoping they go with Starro myself. He's a dumb giant Star Fish and I need to see that on screen.

As for heroes I'd to see the Green Lantern movie introduce Atom Strange and Alana.

I'm fairly sure Darkseid won't show up until at least the 2nd JL movie. I don't think Darkseid would make much sense until they explain Apokolips and New Genesis, which IMO will take a while.

I think they'll probably start with just Lex and/or Joker to be honest. Those characters are both accessible and well known, so they would be a good low ball to get the audience in.

My prediction:
BvS: Spends most of the time between Bats and Supes. A few hints dropped regarding boom tube technology.
JL1: Lex Luthor takes the spotlight, now we begin to see that Lex clearly has some otherworldly technology. It is in this film that we get our first reference to Apokolips and New Genesis in a monologue of sorts. End credits scene teases Darkseid
JL2: This is the first movie with Darkseid in it.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I'm fairly sure Darkseid won't show up until at least the 2nd JL movie. I don't think Darkseid would make much sense until they explain Apokolips and New Genesis, which IMO will take a while.

I think they'll probably start with just Lex and Joker to be honest. Those characters are both accessible and well known, so they would be a
good low ball to get the audience in.

New gods are easy enough to explain honestly, Luther I could see but Joker is too lame TBH. I could see Darkseid being Justice League 2 and Braniac being Justice League 1 which has been the most prevailing rumor. (The beacon that brought Zod to earth also alerted Braniac).

DC has been pushing him in the comics to be revolving and changing charcter and to be a DC Universe level threat instead of just a superman one.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

ThePirateCaptain

My inner nerd can keep dreaming of Doom Patrol and Sinestro Corps War films, as well as having Anti-Monitor be the villain in the Justice League movie.

I think a Doom Patrol movie could be really interesting as well as being a DC's answer to the X-Men movies since there is some controversy over whether or not Marvel stole the idea for the X-Men from Doom Patrol.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

jump

I'm really not keen on some of these theories, they all sound like "well this movie is part one and this movie is part 7" etc. I'm less intrested in which villain are they using and more intrested in how the dynamic of the characters works like are they gonna have the Bat-god from Morrison's JLA or the outsider/part-timer that led to the Outsiders.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

HawkeyeWii

I have finally got around to watching more Arrow. I finished the first season not too long ago and am about halfway through season 2. What a great show. It has to be one of the best on TV. I am liking Flash pretty well too. I like that as a spinoff and definitely think it deserves it, although the announcement of all the other ones has me on the fence. I would hate to see Arrow kind go into the shadows and get discontinued do to all the other shows that will be coming out. I hope Arrow at least makes 5 seasons. Such an addicting show!!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

RR529

Still slowly making my way through season 2 of Arrow on Netflix, and it's getting pretty good (was really in the mood for it today & watched 3 episodes, lol).

The group is at odds with both Slade & the League of Assassins, and I'm really hoping both villainous forces kind of run into each other (after all, both are after our heroes, so would they fight each other, or join up? Rhetorical question, BTW, don't answer if you've watched further & know). Oh, and Merlyn is alive as well (though he hasn't shown up in awhile), so there's a wildcard there too (I don't know what his comic name is, so I'm just calling him Black Arrow).

Interesting stuff.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

RR529 wrote:

Oh, and Merlyn is alive as well (though he hasn't shown up in awhile), so there's a wildcard there too (I don't know what his comic name is, so I'm just calling him Black Arrow).

Interesting stuff.

His super-villain name is Merlyn in the comics and his real name in the comics is Arthur King. In the show they refer to him as the Dark Archer.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

shingi_70

Both The Flash and Arrow were renewed for new seasons last week. Season 2 of Arrow is probably the best live action super hero content barring the current season of the flash, It seems CW and the showrunners are really keen on world building the Universe with Arrow and Flash fleshing their respective sides of the CWverse (Crime and Science).

WAT!

ThePirateCaptain

I give a lot of credit to all the people behind Arrow and the Flash. They seem to really know and love the source material, giving us just enough cameos and easter eggs while still making the shows feel new and unique. I think they have a clear vision of where they want to take both shows, and as a fan, that's really exciting.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

iKhan

CapnPancakes wrote:

My inner nerd can keep dreaming of Doom Patrol and Sinestro Corps War films, as well as having Anti-Monitor be the villain in the Justice League movie.

I think a Doom Patrol movie could be really interesting as well as being a DC's answer to the X-Men movies since there is some controversy over whether or not Marvel stole the idea for the X-Men from Doom Patrol.

I'd be down with a Doom Patrol film if only to see Beast Boy on screen.

Who would be a good actor to play Beast Boy though?

jump

Tbh I still find Arrow and Flash as The new OC but with costumes, they are decent shows but when so much times is spent who's dating who and does he like me it keeps the show flat. I prefer Gotham and Constantine currently.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

iKhan wrote:

I'd be down with a Doom Patrol film if only to see Beast Boy on screen.

Who would be a good actor to play Beast Boy though?

There's gonna be a live action Beast Boy for the Teen Titans pilot at least.

Nicolai wrote:

shingi_70

This week's Flash was so good. The Rouges are the most underrated Villains gallery in comics by far. I felt that barry's first public outing being a confrontation between him and the rouges was awesome. I like how the police and the city are behind him while Ollie still has a batman thing still going on.

I'm watching this week's arrow right now and so far its been pretty good.

I was looking at upcoming episode titles and the titles for The Flash episodes make it much easier to tell what each episode will be about

The
E11 - The sound and the Fury - Pied Piper and Firestorm back plot
E12 - Crazy for you - Knockout
E13 - The Nuclear Man - Firestorm spotlight episode
E16 - Revenge of the rouges - Cold/Heatwave/Glider/Piper vs The Flash
E18 - All Star Team up - The Flash teams up with the A.T.O.M.

Arrow
E11 - Midnight City
E12 - Uprising
E13 - Canaries - Black Canary spotlight episode
E14 - The Return- Return of Mr.Queen
E15 - Nanda Parbot
E16 - The Offer

WAT!

RR529

Finished up season 2 of Arrow on Netflix tonight!

Oh man what an epic finale to this story arc. Can't wait until Netflix adds season 3 (which probably won't happen until season 4 starts airing on TV...). Great stuff though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

RR529 wrote:

Oh man what an epic finale to this story arc. Can't wait until Netflix adds season 3 (which probably won't happen until season 4 starts airing on TV...). Great stuff though.

Yeah its usually about a month before the new season starts when the last season gets to DVD and Netflix steams it. Either that or you can watch the current season on Hulu Plus.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Yeah its usually about a month before the new season starts when the last season gets to DVD and Netflix steams it. Either that or you can watch the current season on Hulu Plus.

Well, we don't have Hulu, so that's not an option.

I'm fine with waiting though, as there's other stuff I need to get to watching on Netflix anyhow (Marco Polo, Cosmos, America: the Story of Us, Mankind: the Story of All of Us, the Men Who Built America, and I need to finish up Heroes as well).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HawkeyeWii

@RR529 I'm in the exact same boat :/ Just finished Season 2 today on Netflix. I have Hulu, but unfortunately they have all the episodes so far from Season 3 episode 6 and on. Seems odd. So I can't watch the first 5 episodes until whenever they come out on Netflix, which will be a while.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Offspring

What is everyone's opinion on Gotham? I thought it had a promising start but the acting is so over-the-top and cheesy that it has started to cause me physical pain.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic