Forums

Topic: E3 2010 Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 141

Ninten

I'm so happy with Golden Sun. Gonna be a must buy, that's for sure.

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

Slapshot

I just finished Sonys conference and Im very happy with what I saw. So many new games coming to PSP and tons of exclusive 3rd Party Content (my absolute favorite) coming to PS3. The new Medal of Honor online looks amazing and the new Twisted Metal looked crazy and David Jaffe at the helm is a garuantee it will be incredible.

Sorcery Demo for Move was amazing. Move showed incredible precision and true 1:1 Ratio as the guys was nonstop with the controller and it read Everything Perfectly! Really amazing stuff and a must buy this year for me.

PSN+ is ONLY $50 bucks a year and (ive spent $40 already this week) the amount of content you get for that little money is well worth it, another must get for me in a couple of weeks.

Kevin Butler was hilarious again as always and the new kid acting with him is even funnier

The announcer was boring and it wasnt overly energetic but overall there was a ton of content, mostly third party but that is a normal for Sony and why I like Sonys system so much, and I felt it was a good (not great) conference for Sony as it needed more energy. Content wise there was plenty and I was just really impressed with Move.

Now if only I can find SOMEWHERE on the net that the servers arent slammed and I can watch Nintendos Bombshell of a presentation...... Kid Icarus 3DS just sealed the deal for me and that system...... @#$%^ Right On Nintendo!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter:

RandomWiiPlayer

Things I need from E3 2010:

Zelda: Skyward Sword (Hate the name)
3DS
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Portal 2
Metroid Other M
Bad Company 2: Vietnam
Medal of Honor

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

FuzzyPickles94

IMPRESSION ON NINTENDO E3 2010 TIME!:

This could include a bit of biasness, since I've only really watched Nintendo E3 2010, but here's my opinion on Nintendo E3 2010.

The conference kicked off with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The game looks really good and I'm highly anticapating it, but the control played weird (Of course it could be because the live streams were lagging). Either because Shigeru Miyamoto and another guy were playing it weirdly or it could have some interface problem. I'm sure it'll be fixed, thought, as we have yet to see a poor quality Zelda game from Nintendo. Expect at least high Double A quality, but I wouldn't be surprise if it kept up with Zelda's long history of Triple A titles.

The first surprise of the conference was basically a Mario sport-mix. This one actually interested me. If they would just add online multi-player, I would definently buy this. Not the best, but not as bad as a few of the later titles shown

The next game was Wii Party. Reminds me of the Mario Party series, but with Mii's (Spirtual successor maybe?). Nevertheless, not really something I would play. I wouldn't be surprise if it was Wii Music's quality. Maybe it'll be good, but don't expect something memorable.

Just Dance 2 was a downright horrible choice for a Nintendo E3 2010 showing. The predeccessor was critically panned and I honestly doubt the sequel will be much better. Here, I had a bad feeling it could turn out almost as disappointing as E3 2008.

We get out "expected" sales figure discussion. Luckily, it was relatively quick, which means that Nintendo must have a lot of surprises for us.

And they were right. Things started to turn around with discussions regarding Epic Mickey. That game looked fantastic when played. It seems like it's perfect for the Wii. Another must-buy title.

Metroid: Other M is already exciting. The trailer was great and it continues to be a must-buy.

I'm sure a lot of people will also get excited over the ninth Dragon Quest game. That game is also looking really good, although nothing really to report on, as I probably will not get the game.

The heat turned up even more with Golden Sun: Dark Chaos. The game looked a lot better then I would expect for this game. Sure the main character looked similar to Issac from the original game, but the trailer turned out great. Double A title here is extremely likely, and the game reachng low Triple A statue wouldn't be surprising.

Kirby makes a console revival within Kirby: Epic Yarn. The fact that the game was announce wasn't too surprising, but how the game will play is. Still, I'm really looking forward to it and I think it'll turn out very well (But who's developing the game, HAL?).

We should also not forget that Retro Studio is taking care of the what will most likely be fantastic Donkey Kong Country: Returns. I love games with nostalgic feelings and this is no exception. As a matter of fact, I like how Retro Studio is handling it. This is another must-buy game for me.

The big one, however, is no other then 3DS. Yes folks, the main reason why the conference was so fantastic is because of this handheld. It looks extremely promising. The console looks like it can handle a Wii title, giving it's massive power. 3D without glasses is even more to digest, as it means it saves money and makes gaming experience more realistic. Oh and they are also planning on increasing focus on online. This is exciting as it leaves room for the elmination of friend codes, better online play, more online features, less lag, etc.

The conference closes out with Kid Icarus and that game looks fantastic. The game looks at least a late-Gamecube title, approaching Wii status. The trailer was amazing as well. This is a must-buy for me.

Overall: The conference started a bit weak, but not too bad. It ends swinging with one of the best conference I've ever seen. Extremely impressed with the outcome.

Good:

• Finally got to see a trailer and some game play out of the next The Legend of Zelda title.
  • The Mario Sport-Mix title looks like a very good experiment. Whenever it will succeed or not is the question.
  • Epic Mickey is a really promising licensed title.
  • Nice trailer on Golden Sun: Dark Chaos. First solid DS title shown off at E3.
  • Kirby's console revival looks very good and is surely interesting.
  • Donkey Kong's first serious game in years looks fantastic.
  • More detail about the 3DS. Looks extrememly promising and could potentially be one of the best handhelds Nintendo has ever made.
  • Promise of a much better online experience with the 3DS.
  • Kid Icarus is reciving a revival on the 3DS, looks fantastic.

Bad:

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword may have some control interface problem.
  • Just Dance 2 and Wii Party are not really appealing.
  • Lack of Pikimin 3 or F-zero Wii. Former has been confirmed already and F-zero Wii might have evidence of existing.

Final Score: 9/10

Edited on by FuzzyPickles94

FuzzyPickles94

Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Slapshot

Nintendo had a Epic 10/10 showing! 3DS has shown to be very impressive. So many great core titles, Nintendo really did hear the outcry from all us gamers wanting more from them instead of Wii Fit and Wii Plus and it shows big time.

Sony had a great showing as well. Insane 3rd Party support with tons of exclusives and Move showed to be extremely impressive and the top motion controller on the market more than likely.

Microsoft didnt have a great showing, and was a letdown to there core gamers. Nintendo goes full on into there gamers after the massive outcry of abandonment and Microsoft goes full force into a Facebook, Casual and NonGame Interfaces, and Kinect is awesome technology, but the games outside of Dance Central were not impressive at all.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter:

Collinhall

things I want from this year
Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword
Kirby Epic Yarn
3DS
Animal Crossing 3DS
Mario Kart 3DS
Paper Mario 3DS
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Sports Mix
Nintendogs+Cats
Pokepark Wii

HOW THE HECK AM I GOING TO GET MY HANDS ON ALL OF THESE GAMES!
only time will tell... hopefully the 3DS will come out around Christmastime...

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

warioswoods

Well, if we must crown an E3 "winner," how about using the stock market?

Via Business Week:

Nintendo Co., the world’s biggest maker of portable video-game players, rose the most in almost three months in Osaka trading after the company unveiled a handheld machine that lets users see 3-D images without wearing special glasses.
The stock rose as much as 5.9 percent to 26,700 yen, the biggest rise in intraday trading since March 24, and changed hands for 26,400 yen as of the 11 a.m. midday break.

Shares in Sony, based in Tokyo, rose 1.5 percent to 2,653 yen as of 11 a.m.

I don't know about Microsoft, but I think everyone agrees that their showing was iffy at best.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

WonderboY101

I've watched all three of the main E3 presentations today. I missed watching them live.

Personally, I thought Sony had a great showing in terms of the presentation and the delivery (and I'm not just talking about Kevin Butler's performance either). I'm really interested in the Move peripheral and the Sorcery game looks great.

Nintendo certainly had the best in software content and the best tech with 3DS. I'm looking forward to the Wii Kirby game the most of all - that looks awesome. With all the Nintendo games I wish to buy in the next year probably means I won't have any money to buy any of their rival's products. Maybe this is Nintendo's plan for all their core consumers.

Microsoft's show was, err, well, something of an embarrassment. Most of the Kinect game demos were met with little or no applause that I could hear. The biggest cheers came when the free Xbox 360 slim's were handed out at the end to all the audience. The tech looked good but the initial software was underwhelming imo.

All in all it's been a good E3 (so far). It will be interesting to see how things pan out sales-wise for all the three competitors over the next year or so and if the casual game consumers will start to desert the Wii in favour of Sony and Microsoft's new motion tech. 3DS will be a huge sales success. I know I'm going to buy one.

Edited on by WonderboY101

WonderboY101

Collinhall

Yeah, So many Nintendo titles! (This is all part of Nintendo's grand scheme for world nomination, and if Nintendo has their way, we will all be working at Foxxcon and be foced to sacrifice our lives to Reggie himself :0)

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

DF2506

Nintendo has been amazing at E3! So excited for all the great Wii games this year! And the 3DS! Oh man. So many great games announced for it. Kid Icarus amazed me. I was a bit disappointed though about no Animal Crossing at the presentation and thinking that it was just a rumor and then they announce it online. PLUS announcing all the other great titles. I'm just amazed by Nintendo. Can't wait to see what they do next. Hope we get a release date for the 3DS soon (and price).

As for Sony, I'm a Sony fan (and own a PS3), but I have to say that I thought their show was very so-so. Kevin Butler was cool, funny, and oddly inspiring. LittleBigPlanet 2 looked great. Portal 2 was an excellent suprise. And Twisted Metal looks good. That said, I felt like Sony put too much importance on the Move (only Scorery looked good) and 3D. I was getting very bored until they finally showed LBP2 and the rest of the stuff I mentioned. Not sure what Sony is doing right now. I'm starting to feel like I'm not their audience though. Why do I own a PS3 again? I'm not sure. Maybe the blu-ray? Perhaps LBP2 will remind me when it comes out.

The Microsoft conference was the worst though. Wow, that was awful. Too much Kinect. Sure, they had cool games like Gears 3 and Fable 3, but overall, I was very unimpressed by Microsoft.

Nintendo wowed me. I'm glad they are having a GREAT E3. They really needed it after the last couple of years. I'm so glad that I own a Wii and I can't wait to own a 3DS!

DF2506

DF2506

Adam

That's basically what I thought after the conferences were done. The Sony panel is the best -- though the confirmation that Santa is both real and more generous than previously estimated is certainly welcome information.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Rally

I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo can become the best company ever. (And with everything they showed off at E3, I wouldn't be shocked if they did. I'd be amazed, but not shocked.)

I came to this site a while ago to meet people that played The Conduit, and I stayed because the community was pretty rad, according to thirteen-year-old me. Feel free to hit me up if you want to chat and/or play some vidya.

[Remember when things would go here? Man, those were the good ...

Twitter:

Adam

Nice article, Kid A. It's certainly a great day to be a Nintendo fan.

I've got a couple questions about your article though if you don't mind. Didn't you say elsewhere that you weren't a fan of the new art style? If I'm not confusing you with someone else, did you come around to it, or did you feel the need (or pressure) to go easy on Nintendo for the article? Just curious.

Also, you said, "They also mentioned for the 3DS a new Metal Gear Solid, Super Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil, Dead or Alive, a new Paper Mario, a new Animal Crossing, a new PilotWings, a new Mario Kart, and oh, what the heck, graphically overhauled remakes of Starfox 64 and a little game called Ocarina of Time. In 3D. At launch."

What are you saying is at launch? I have yet to see explicit confirmation that the remakes are even going to be released, much less at launch. The only title I heard confirmed for launch was Kid Icarus: Uprising. If you have official info on any of the other games, could you hand a brother a link? That would make my day! To imagine a day when I'd play a new Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, and Mario Kart, all in 3D... it's too much, haha.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Kid_A

weirdadam wrote:

Nice article, Kid A. It's certainly a great day to be a Nintendo fan.

I've got a couple questions about your article though if you don't mind. Didn't you say elsewhere that you weren't a fan of the new art style? If I'm not confusing you with someone else, did you come around to it, or did you feel the need (or pressure) to go easy on Nintendo for the article? Just curious.

Also, you said, "They also mentioned for the 3DS a new Metal Gear Solid, Super Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil, Dead or Alive, a new Paper Mario, a new Animal Crossing, a new PilotWings, a new Mario Kart, and oh, what the heck, graphically overhauled remakes of Starfox 64 and a little game called Ocarina of Time. In 3D. At launch."

What are you saying is at launch? I have yet to see explicit confirmation that the remakes are even going to be released, much less at launch. The only title I heard confirmed for launch was Kid Icarus: Uprising. If you have official info on any of the other games, could you hand a brother a link? That would make my day! To imagine a day when I'd play a new Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, and Mario Kart, all in 3D... it's too much, haha.

I really did come around to the new Zelda art style. My initial reaction was after watching the somewhat grainy footage on Nintendo's E3 website. After watching a nice 480p trailer on Youtube a few times, I fell in love with it. It seems like it's really true to everything I loved about Wind Waker's style, while maintaining the more adult look of Twilight Princess. I'm glad you asked that question, though: I always fear that I'm going to come across as fanboyish. The major reviews I've done for the site have been New Super Mario Bros Wii, Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks, and Galaxy 2--which I gave a perfect score (http://www.gameobserver.com/review/inside/all-platforms/super-mario-galaxy-2-508/). I thought all of those games were positively brilliant, but I'm actually a rather harsh critic, and I hope I don't come across as overly boot-licky.

As for the "at launch" thing, that's completely ridiculous and I have no idea why I wrote it. That's what I get for writing things at 2:00 in the morning. Thanks for catching that, though--I'll have to edit that.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Adam

Well, you wrote nothing that I wouldn't agree with, so if there are any boots to be licked, show me the way, haha.

Come on, friends,

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic