Forums

Topic: E3 2010 Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 137

The_Fox

Nintendo actually did a pretty good job this year. They didn't really announce any new IPs of interest, but that's Nintendo for you.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Luigi-la-bouncy

Are we allowed to talk about Playstation on this thread? If so boy am I excited for Twisted Metal! That game's gonna be Awesome!

Luigi-la-bouncy

AlexSays

Nintendo destroyed this year

AlexSays

SonicMaster

most hyped stuff:
1. Kirby's Epic Yarn
2. 3DS and games
3. Epic Mickey
Donkey Kong looks cool, but i don't know

SonicMaster

AlexSays

Indeed with Microsoft having the weakest showing by far

AlexSays

TwilightV

From what I can see Nintendo has covered everything that's had people talking but Pikmin (I won't say F-Zero because nothing was ever confirmed).

Yeah, they completely dominated this year.

Edit: Forgot about Vitality Sensor...

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

BleachFan

SonicMaster wrote:

Donkey Kong looks cool, but i don't know

I think Donkey Kong looks amazing, and is most definitely on my radar.

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

moomoo

After 2 years of absolute suckage and 1 year of okay-ish, Nintendo has dominated E3.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

moomoo

Swiket wrote:

Both Sony and Nintendo won.

Together as bros.

I don't think we were watching the same press conference.
Sony had a fantastic showing, but Nintendo had what is possibly the best ever in the entire history of E3, including when they showed the Wii.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Percentful

Well, now I really want a 3ds. I was sort of expecting this E3 to be boring, with only Zelda, Metroid and Wiiparty as the only "big" games, but I was wrong. I can't believe how many franchises they visited. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pilotwings, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Paper Mario, Starfox, the list goes on for a while. Now I know that I want to get a 3DS at or near launch, especially for that Paper Mario game. The only thing that disappoints me is the fact that there are too many good games to decide what to get.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Kid_A

I think Nintendo had the most energetic and interesting conference. Microsoft's was disappointing, and Sony's (aside from the spectacular-looking sequel to LittleBigPlanet) was dreadfully boring and lifeless. The "comedian" from their adverts was painfully unfunny.
EDIT: Although he did have a pretty clever Nintendo crack. He said something along the lines of "The Move will have games that contain characters with important gaming features--like arms....and necks."

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

Did Team ICO show off anything on The Last Guardian?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Bulby33

Kid_A wrote:

Did Team ICO show off anything on The Last Guardian?

Disappointingly, no. This was my most anticipated game (until the 3DS Paper Mario game was revealed) and Sony dropped the ball and showed absolutely nothing. Extremely disappointed, and overall, I thought Sony Press Conference was absolutely terrible. The Kevin Butler part was hilarious, but everything else was horrendous. Nintendo absolutely won the press conference battle, even if the Zelda demo was mess.

The 3DS looks absolutely phenomenal. I can't wait to try out Paper Mario, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, and Mario Kart. Perhaps Ocarina of Time as well?

Follow me on Twitter!: http://twitter.com/Bulby33

99er

Nintendo was most impressive this year, the 3DS is quite a remarkable machine and the future looks bright. The third party support for the 3DS looks really good, Street Fighter IV 3D! The hiccups with Zelda's controls were understandable, considering the atmosphere where they were showing the demo. I got a good laugh at the end video where Reggie had his sports jacket toasted. In my book, the Nintendo conference gets an A.

Sony was fair in my opinion, Twisted Metal is a favorite in my book so I enjoyed the rebirth of the franchise. The Move looks alright, but nothing ground breaking. Jerry Lambert's (Kevin Butler) act was funny, I got a good laugh out of that too. Gabe Newell's appearance probably upset a lot of PC gamers, considering Valve canceled their press conference, but Portal 2 looks great and it will look great on all platforms. Other then that everything I saw third party wise at their conference I saw during EA's conference (Dead Space II, Crysis 2). Sony get's a B- in my book.

I missed the Microsoft conference so I cannot comment on that.

The Electronic Arts conference was impressive to me, I enjoyed their showcase of games. Need for Speed: Hot Persuit looks like fun game, I like how they took the online approach to that one. Dead Space 2 looks great, I'm a big fan of the first one so I'm having high hopes for the second game. The Sim's isn't really my cup of tea, but I did enjoy how the mechanics behind the game. Medal of Honor looks impressive, a true contender to Activision's Call of Duty series. EA get's a B from me.

I have mixed feeling's regarding Ubisoft's show, their host was completely and utterly unnecessary, his jokes were not funny at all. Not a Assassin's Creed fan, but the game looks great. I enjoyed the Laser Tag segment, it was completely different to anything on the show so far to that get's a thumbs up by me. Ghost Recon had to be the best title they had to offer at this show, it looks amazing. Everything else was mediocre in my opinion, Ubisoft get's a D.

99er

Ninten

I'm so happy with Golden Sun. Gonna be a must buy, that's for sure.

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

Slapshot

I just finished Sonys conference and Im very happy with what I saw. So many new games coming to PSP and tons of exclusive 3rd Party Content (my absolute favorite) coming to PS3. The new Medal of Honor online looks amazing and the new Twisted Metal looked crazy and David Jaffe at the helm is a garuantee it will be incredible.

Sorcery Demo for Move was amazing. Move showed incredible precision and true 1:1 Ratio as the guys was nonstop with the controller and it read Everything Perfectly! Really amazing stuff and a must buy this year for me.

PSN+ is ONLY $50 bucks a year and (ive spent $40 already this week) the amount of content you get for that little money is well worth it, another must get for me in a couple of weeks.

Kevin Butler was hilarious again as always and the new kid acting with him is even funnier

The announcer was boring and it wasnt overly energetic but overall there was a ton of content, mostly third party but that is a normal for Sony and why I like Sonys system so much, and I felt it was a good (not great) conference for Sony as it needed more energy. Content wise there was plenty and I was just really impressed with Move.

Now if only I can find SOMEWHERE on the net that the servers arent slammed and I can watch Nintendos Bombshell of a presentation...... Kid Icarus 3DS just sealed the deal for me and that system...... @#$%^ Right On Nintendo!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

RandomWiiPlayer

Things I need from E3 2010:

Zelda: Skyward Sword (Hate the name)
3DS
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Portal 2
Metroid Other M
Bad Company 2: Vietnam
Medal of Honor

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

ItsFuzzyPickles

IMPRESSION ON NINTENDO E3 2010 TIME!:

This could include a bit of biasness, since I've only really watched Nintendo E3 2010, but here's my opinion on Nintendo E3 2010.

The conference kicked off with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The game looks really good and I'm highly anticapating it, but the control played weird (Of course it could be because the live streams were lagging). Either because Shigeru Miyamoto and another guy were playing it weirdly or it could have some interface problem. I'm sure it'll be fixed, thought, as we have yet to see a poor quality Zelda game from Nintendo. Expect at least high Double A quality, but I wouldn't be surprise if it kept up with Zelda's long history of Triple A titles.

The first surprise of the conference was basically a Mario sport-mix. This one actually interested me. If they would just add online multi-player, I would definently buy this. Not the best, but not as bad as a few of the later titles shown

The next game was Wii Party. Reminds me of the Mario Party series, but with Mii's (Spirtual successor maybe?). Nevertheless, not really something I would play. I wouldn't be surprise if it was Wii Music's quality. Maybe it'll be good, but don't expect something memorable.

Just Dance 2 was a downright horrible choice for a Nintendo E3 2010 showing. The predeccessor was critically panned and I honestly doubt the sequel will be much better. Here, I had a bad feeling it could turn out almost as disappointing as E3 2008.

We get out "expected" sales figure discussion. Luckily, it was relatively quick, which means that Nintendo must have a lot of surprises for us.

And they were right. Things started to turn around with discussions regarding Epic Mickey. That game looked fantastic when played. It seems like it's perfect for the Wii. Another must-buy title.

Metroid: Other M is already exciting. The trailer was great and it continues to be a must-buy.

I'm sure a lot of people will also get excited over the ninth Dragon Quest game. That game is also looking really good, although nothing really to report on, as I probably will not get the game.

The heat turned up even more with Golden Sun: Dark Chaos. The game looked a lot better then I would expect for this game. Sure the main character looked similar to Issac from the original game, but the trailer turned out great. Double A title here is extremely likely, and the game reachng low Triple A statue wouldn't be surprising.

Kirby makes a console revival within Kirby: Epic Yarn. The fact that the game was announce wasn't too surprising, but how the game will play is. Still, I'm really looking forward to it and I think it'll turn out very well (But who's developing the game, HAL?).

We should also not forget that Retro Studio is taking care of the what will most likely be fantastic Donkey Kong Country: Returns. I love games with nostalgic feelings and this is no exception. As a matter of fact, I like how Retro Studio is handling it. This is another must-buy game for me.

The big one, however, is no other then 3DS. Yes folks, the main reason why the conference was so fantastic is because of this handheld. It looks extremely promising. The console looks like it can handle a Wii title, giving it's massive power. 3D without glasses is even more to digest, as it means it saves money and makes gaming experience more realistic. Oh and they are also planning on increasing focus on online. This is exciting as it leaves room for the elmination of friend codes, better online play, more online features, less lag, etc.

The conference closes out with Kid Icarus and that game looks fantastic. The game looks at least a late-Gamecube title, approaching Wii status. The trailer was amazing as well. This is a must-buy for me.

Overall: The conference started a bit weak, but not too bad. It ends swinging with one of the best conference I've ever seen. Extremely impressed with the outcome.

Good:

• Finally got to see a trailer and some game play out of the next The Legend of Zelda title.
  • The Mario Sport-Mix title looks like a very good experiment. Whenever it will succeed or not is the question.
  • Epic Mickey is a really promising licensed title.
  • Nice trailer on Golden Sun: Dark Chaos. First solid DS title shown off at E3.
  • Kirby's console revival looks very good and is surely interesting.
  • Donkey Kong's first serious game in years looks fantastic.
  • More detail about the 3DS. Looks extrememly promising and could potentially be one of the best handhelds Nintendo has ever made.
  • Promise of a much better online experience with the 3DS.
  • Kid Icarus is reciving a revival on the 3DS, looks fantastic.

Bad:

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword may have some control interface problem.
  • Just Dance 2 and Wii Party are not really appealing.
  • Lack of Pikimin 3 or F-zero Wii. Former has been confirmed already and F-zero Wii might have evidence of existing.

Final Score: 9/10

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.