Forums

Topic: E3 2010 Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 141

Collinhall

Woah, best E3 in a long time, Kirby was a surprise.

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

Scottie

Any news on EU Wiiware line up and when Cave Story is coming out?

Scottie

ASDFGHJKL

go to e3.nintendo.com. They have screens of many new 3DS games.

Paper Mario for 3DS is turn based.
Wuhu island seems to be in Mariokart.
Metal Gear and Resident Evil have amazing graphics. (Much better than Wii imo)
Starfox 64 3D looks very similar to original.
Pilotwings seems to be in Wuhu island as well.

ASDFGHJKL

The_Fox

Nintendo actually did a pretty good job this year. They didn't really announce any new IPs of interest, but that's Nintendo for you.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Luigi-la-bouncy

Are we allowed to talk about Playstation on this thread? If so boy am I excited for Twisted Metal! That game's gonna be Awesome!

Luigi-la-bouncy

AlexSays

Nintendo destroyed this year

AlexSays

SonicMaster

most hyped stuff:
1. Kirby's Epic Yarn
2. 3DS and games
3. Epic Mickey
Donkey Kong looks cool, but i don't know

SonicMaster

AlexSays

Indeed with Microsoft having the weakest showing by far

AlexSays

TwilightV

From what I can see Nintendo has covered everything that's had people talking but Pikmin (I won't say F-Zero because nothing was ever confirmed).

Yeah, they completely dominated this year.

Edit: Forgot about Vitality Sensor...

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

BleachFan

SonicMaster wrote:

Donkey Kong looks cool, but i don't know

I think Donkey Kong looks amazing, and is most definitely on my radar.

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

Wavey84

Donkey Kong Returns looked flat out amazing, along with Kirby's Epic Yarn which looks absolutely brilliant. The only dud at Nintendo's E3 was Just Dance 2

Wavey84

moomoo

After 2 years of absolute suckage and 1 year of okay-ish, Nintendo has dominated E3.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

moomoo

Swiket wrote:

Both Sony and Nintendo won.

Together as bros.

I don't think we were watching the same press conference.
Sony had a fantastic showing, but Nintendo had what is possibly the best ever in the entire history of E3, including when they showed the Wii.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Percentful

Well, now I really want a 3ds. I was sort of expecting this E3 to be boring, with only Zelda, Metroid and Wiiparty as the only "big" games, but I was wrong. I can't believe how many franchises they visited. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pilotwings, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Paper Mario, Starfox, the list goes on for a while. Now I know that I want to get a 3DS at or near launch, especially for that Paper Mario game. The only thing that disappoints me is the fact that there are too many good games to decide what to get.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Kid_A

I think Nintendo had the most energetic and interesting conference. Microsoft's was disappointing, and Sony's (aside from the spectacular-looking sequel to LittleBigPlanet) was dreadfully boring and lifeless. The "comedian" from their adverts was painfully unfunny.
EDIT: Although he did have a pretty clever Nintendo crack. He said something along the lines of "The Move will have games that contain characters with important gaming features--like arms....and necks."

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

Did Team ICO show off anything on The Last Guardian?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Bulby33

Kid_A wrote:

Did Team ICO show off anything on The Last Guardian?

Disappointingly, no. This was my most anticipated game (until the 3DS Paper Mario game was revealed) and Sony dropped the ball and showed absolutely nothing. Extremely disappointed, and overall, I thought Sony Press Conference was absolutely terrible. The Kevin Butler part was hilarious, but everything else was horrendous. Nintendo absolutely won the press conference battle, even if the Zelda demo was mess.

The 3DS looks absolutely phenomenal. I can't wait to try out Paper Mario, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, and Mario Kart. Perhaps Ocarina of Time as well?

Follow me on Twitter!: http://twitter.com/Bulby33

99er

Nintendo was most impressive this year, the 3DS is quite a remarkable machine and the future looks bright. The third party support for the 3DS looks really good, Street Fighter IV 3D! The hiccups with Zelda's controls were understandable, considering the atmosphere where they were showing the demo. I got a good laugh at the end video where Reggie had his sports jacket toasted. In my book, the Nintendo conference gets an A.

Sony was fair in my opinion, Twisted Metal is a favorite in my book so I enjoyed the rebirth of the franchise. The Move looks alright, but nothing ground breaking. Jerry Lambert's (Kevin Butler) act was funny, I got a good laugh out of that too. Gabe Newell's appearance probably upset a lot of PC gamers, considering Valve canceled their press conference, but Portal 2 looks great and it will look great on all platforms. Other then that everything I saw third party wise at their conference I saw during EA's conference (Dead Space II, Crysis 2). Sony get's a B- in my book.

I missed the Microsoft conference so I cannot comment on that.

The Electronic Arts conference was impressive to me, I enjoyed their showcase of games. Need for Speed: Hot Persuit looks like fun game, I like how they took the online approach to that one. Dead Space 2 looks great, I'm a big fan of the first one so I'm having high hopes for the second game. The Sim's isn't really my cup of tea, but I did enjoy how the mechanics behind the game. Medal of Honor looks impressive, a true contender to Activision's Call of Duty series. EA get's a B from me.

I have mixed feeling's regarding Ubisoft's show, their host was completely and utterly unnecessary, his jokes were not funny at all. Not a Assassin's Creed fan, but the game looks great. I enjoyed the Laser Tag segment, it was completely different to anything on the show so far to that get's a thumbs up by me. Ghost Recon had to be the best title they had to offer at this show, it looks amazing. Everything else was mediocre in my opinion, Ubisoft get's a D.

99er

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic