Forums

Topic: Anyone up to making a game?

Posts 341 to 360 of 440

shinesprite

@girl209_&_CharlieMaster This Locked Thread has the latest info on our project. The story is going to be consolidated, and we are sticking with the theme. We are currently in transition to a more orderly forum (no offense NL, we just need more room to strut our stuff and not trip). In the mean time, feel free to draw (characters, enemies, power-ups, landscapes areas/scenes of the game). Right now, more story would probably overload Odnetnin. Also, at this point, we have decided to add music much later into development. We have only begun to settle this frontier!

I'm assuming this thread will be our portal to our more secluded forum.
With all this moving, I'm starting to feel like a vagrant!

shinesprite

Xkhaoz

@shine So, if we're adding music later, should I still make it so you won't have to wait for me, or just wait for you guys? But then what will I do while waiting? Where do hot dogs come from? When will Duke Nukem Forever come out? How awesome will the 3DS be? When will I stop asking questions?
Xkhaoz collapses from question overload

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

edhe

@Xkhaos

I'm actually in the process of making a few tracks myself.

Like I said earlier, I have no idea what the content or style of the game is, but I figured I'd make something, submit it to the forum and see what everyone (or the person in charge of selecting music) thinks. Hopefully, it'll be suitable.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

shinesprite

@Xkhaoz_&_edhe Points well taken. I just wish we had a Music leader to answer those for you.

From what I can tell, we're not in "need" of music ATM, but when we're ready, we won't be willing to settle for a small mix. By the end of it, we may just be asking for a track for each stage/dome (world map)/room. Some of us might even be willing to add a room in-game, dedicated to listening to the soundtracks/sfx!

shinesprite

Raylax

Aaaand we're ready to open the shiny new forums.

http://www.coffeh.com/forum

Be sure to read the community rules before posting, and note that Coffeh is completely separate to NL. NintendoLife is not responsible for any content on Coffeh, so contact the Coffeh staff if you have a problem over there, don't bug the mods here about it. We aren't looking for moderators, admins or any other staff, so don't ask (except KaiserGX, when you make an account I'll put you on the Moderators list with me and Yai).

This thread will remain open to keep the interest alive. Use it for posting random ideas and whatnot.

Also, Kaiser, could you put the link to the forum into the first post? Cheers.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Raylax

Set you as Global Mod on the boards, that makes three of us (myself, Yai and you)

Raylax

zezhyrule

I'd be willing to head up the Music part of this project. Don't know how good I'd be at creating tracks, but I could be good at selecting them, organizing and such. We do need someone to be the Music Lead so I'm definitely up for it.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Raylax

zezhyrule wrote:

@Kaiser: /me scratches head

/me scratches zezhyrule's head
I'm confused toooo xD

Also come join the forums, folks. They're fun. You can make whatever threads you want over there (project related).

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

Raylax

^ I activated the account for you.

Raylax

edhe

I've made a few tracks to back my application to help with the music. I made a high tempo piece that may suit a boss fight and a general spooky theme.

They're by no means intended to be used in the final release (when the time comes), although I would expect to polish them up a bit if they were to be used. Also, we have no idea, currently, on what the final direction is going to be.

But I made some anyway.

You can find them on SoundCloud

I was going to post them on the new forums, but decided against it.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

JoshuaYoshua

Still yet to read back through this thread to see where things are, but I could do some programming - I know a number of languages and done quite a few little bits and pieces with games/graphics (2D and 3D) but I don't have game maker (will consider a purchase if it isn't too expensive).

edit It would be great if someone could update me on everything. Thanks

Oh, and those sketches back at the start of the thread look great!!

Edited on by JoshuaYoshua

JoshuaYoshua

Raylax

Nice tracks, edhe. If someone wants to make a music thread on the forums, then go for it. That's given me an idea, actually, gonna add Soundcloud Player embedding to the forums :3

No-one's using them much yet, just want to point out that they are completely open to make your own threads on anything to do with the project. The reason they were set up was so we'd have more space available.

@JoshuaYoshua: If you know Delphi, then you'll have to talk to Yai, she's our lead programmer. She's not around today though. This will get you up to speed on where we're at with the project atm.

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

Funky_Gamer

@Raylax I am now registered the forums!

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

Raylax

We have sexy Soundcloud embedding now, see the BBCode thread.

Welcome aboard, Funky

Raylax

girl209

i registered too

girl209

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.