General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,961 to 3,980 of 10,017

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,961. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm not gonna spoil it but there's a new show announced for Toonami and it's a big one as far as I'm concerned.

Seeing as how you're excited, it's probably not InuYasha: the Final Act :( Based on what I know you like, my guess is Eureka 7: AO (probably wrong, though, since they're only about halfway through the first E7). Anyhow:

Toonami Saturday Night (Part 2)

Missed Samurai 7 & Sym-Bionic Titan.

Eureka 7 - After this episode, I've became really interested by this 'desperation disease'. I hope it's explained upon further.

Tenchi Muyo GXP - So, wannabe Ryoko is now a princess. Oh, and more sex jokes...

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,962. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

C'mon now Kkslider. Just post a spoil warning and lest us know! ;)

I just went to Wikipedia to find out what it is (interesting choice, I guess. I'm willing to try it).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,963. Posted:

Just went to Toonami Faithful to find out myself. That was one of the shows I was really hoping they'd get. Too bad it'll air at 1:30 in the morning. I seriously need a DVR, but those are expensive and our cheapskate cable company didn't give us one. I'll try to watch the first episode, at least.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

3,964. Posted:

Oh... my god...

Guess I have to start watching Toonami...

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,965. Posted:

Oh. Well, that's really cool. Wish I had cable right now.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,966. Posted:

Very nice music right here. :)

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,967. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
I don't know how far you got into Minami-ke but do you remember Hosaka?
He creeps me out, but he is also so funny.
Untitled
And he keeps stripping, which I don't understand. I don't think Haruka would go for that x3.

The only thing I like about him, is his Curry Song.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

3,968. Posted:

I heard Dead Man Wonderland is finally getting a season 2 :O

I wish they'd give Black Bulter and Code Geass a season 3... :(

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,969. Posted:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Oh really? That'll be interesting...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,970. Posted:

Konata wrote:

And he keeps stripping, which I don't understand. I don't think Haruka would go for that x3.

One day you will...or maybe you won't. I understand him completely, though. Maybe it's a guy thing.

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

I wish they'd give Black Bulter and Code Geass a season 3... :(

Black Butler never shouldn't have gotten a season 2, let alone a Season 3. Season 1 ended pretty well, IMO. Certainly a better job than the Manga was doing last I read it.

And Code Geass has Akito the Exiled. If you haven't watched it yet, do so now.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

3,971. Posted:

Halfway through Durarara and they're still introducing characters. There have been so many mind-blow moments in the last few episodes though

I haven't gotten a chance to watch more Planetes despite how awesome it is

and @Konata, that reminds me of Morita's money song haha

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,972. Posted:

@Magikarp

Haha, that's really funny.
What anime is that from? (And what is it about?)
I'm trying to make a list of anime I should watch before I finish Minami-ke, so I won't be scrambling to find something :3

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

3,973. Posted:

It's from Honey and Clover! It's about five students at an art college, who are really poor - it's a lot like a sitcom in the early episodes, but it develops into more slice-of-life drama in the second season. It's really good!
And I'm subtly telling everyone who sees this to go watch it now!

Edited on by Jollykarp

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,974. Posted:

Watched the first Fatal Fury OVA last night. I know I was informed to skip straight to the second, since this one is the worst of the bunch, but I kinda wanted to see how bad it was for myself :P

Certainly wasn't as good as the movie, but I still found it to be decently entertaining while it lasted (around 45 minutes). The best fights happened around the final minutes.

I can see why this one isn't very much liked. Most fights (until the last few) are over really quickly (usually in one hit), and even the last few are over pretty quickly. The love story seemed to advance way too fast. Also, even though Geese had supposedly bought out the police, it seemed unnecessarily corny to have him try and have everyone assassinated in the middle of the day where there are dozens (if not hundreds, in some cases) of witnesses. (Also, Andy's hair was a light blue in this one, while blond in the movie. I'm not sure which is canon to the games, but this OVA & the movie are in the same continuity, so that's definitely a contradiction).

BTW, I'm only familiar with the characters thanks to Capcom vs SNK 2 (GCN), so if this OVA absolutely butchers their backstories, I wouldn't know anything about that.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,975. Posted:

Okay, I just finished up watching Fatal Fury 2: the New Battle on YouTube!

Yeah, this is definitely the better of the two OVAs (and I'd even say better than the movie, although it's fun as well). Between the two OVAs, this one had the better (and longer) fight scenes, better animation (and the same that's used in the movie), and better story. If I had to rank them:

3. Fatal Fury 1 (OVA)
2. Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture (movie)
1. Fatal Fury 2: the New Battle

2 & 1 both being great watches, if you're looking for cheezy martial arts fun.

That's all the Fatal Fury specials I can find on YouTube, though, so now it's time to find something else.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,976. Posted:

Glad you liked them. I don't think there's anymore FF-related stuff out there, actually, but what we got is quite good in its own right. For cheesy martial arts flicks, at least. There should be some KOF OVAs out there, though I can't remember how good they were...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

3,977. Posted:

I guess I must have accidentally deleted my post from earlier.
@Millenia I remember you saying you had read Gravitation so I have a question for you. I was reading volume 2 and was shocked to see Yuki rape Shuichi. Thankfully, I found this forum post saying that it was a mistranslation. Everywhere online seems to have the same translations so do you know anywhere online with a more accurate translation?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

3,978. Posted:

On episode 103 in Fairy Tail
Need about 60 more to be current on the ep.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,979. Posted:

Also (while I wait for new chapters of Bleach), I've decided to start reading Deadman Wonderland, since I enjoyed the anime so much.

One thing of interest I'll note, is that I don't think the manga has been quite as graphic, which is the opposite of the usual (in particular, when the "Red Man" attacks the classroom. It's still gruesome, but not on the same level as what was in the anime).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,980. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

On episode 103 in Fairy Tail
Need about 60 more to be current on the ep.

I've seen a few people give up around the 130's, saying it gets boring. While I'm personally surprised they made it that far, it'd be interesting to see if you manage to pull through.

Anyways, I made it through the Saobady Archipelago arc in One Piece. That arc was all kinds of awesome. Lots of story and backstory, fantastic action, and the ending was just perfect. I can't wait to see them take on more Pacifistas once they're stronger. I'll be taking a long break, though. I need to save up my strength so I can gun through the next two arcs, and get to the next real excitement.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~