General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,981 to 4,000 of 10,613

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,981. Posted:

So Durarara has stepped out of mystery and jumped right into supernatural horror with its Slasher arc.. It's amazing how well they built tension without resorting to gratuitous gore or anything of the like, but dang was it not the kind of thing you want to watch at 1am );

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,982. Posted:

Watched Battle Arena Toshinden and part 1 of a 6 part OVA series called Angel Cop on YouTube last night!

As for Battle Arena Toshinden, it's another cheezy martial arts flick (based on another video game, I believe). It's animated & directed by the same group that did the last 2 Fatal Fury specials. While it's not quite as good as the latter FF stuff, it's still pretty entertaining (just a warning, there is a little bit of fanservice during the first half). It's actually 2 half hour OVAs, but whoever posted it on YouTube has them together on one video.

As for Angel Cop, it's a near future (well near future from the point of the 80's) tale, where law enforcers are facing off against a group of Communist terrorists who are intent on bringing down the Japanese economy (as Japan is the world's largest economic superpower in this world).

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,983. Posted:

@RR529 When you're done with those, see if Cyber City Oedo is still on Youtube. I think you'd like that. Iria: Zeiram the Animation is also on Youtube. That one was really good.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,984. Posted:

Isn't Angel Cop the one with the hilarious profanity-tastic dub? Someone linked me some select clips from it and I couldn't stop laughing at how overdone it was. It was like the localisers figured that the anime was too violent for younger audiences, so they added in more profanity in case people couldn't already tell it was for adults :/

Man, dubs have sure come a long way since the 80's

although now I do want to check it out to see if the original was any good

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

3,985. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

Isn't Angel Cop the one with the hilarious profanity-tastic dub? Someone linked me some select clips from it and I couldn't stop laughing at how overdone it was. It was like the localisers figured that the anime was too violent for younger audiences, so they added in more profanity in case people couldn't already tell it was for adults :/

Man, dubs have sure come a long way since the 80's

although now I do want to check it out to see if the original was any good

I'm not sure if this is true but I've heard that they used to add in swear words in anime as sentences were often shorter once translated and they needed the sentences to fit with the lip movements. Although, it was probably also just to sound edgy. Here's an example of that sort of dubbing.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,986. Posted:

@Canis, yes, both of those are still on YouTube (both posted by the same guy who has posted everything else I have watched so far. They have 52 anime videos up, some for as long as 3 months, so I'm trying to get through as much as I can in case some of it gets taken down).

@Magikarp, yes, it is very over the top, lol (I know it's old though, so I'm willing to overlook the cheezy dub on these sorts of things).

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,987. Posted:

I'm posting super early in the morning, but I couldn't sleep so....

I was wide awake so I finished the rest of the 18 volumes of Ouran HSHC
It was so good. I'm really sad it's over, but it was really great and I'm happy I got to read it.
The last 4 volumes really pulled my heart strings.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,988. Posted:

Just watched Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer on YouTube!

I have really mixed feelings on this one. On one hand, it's cheezy martial arts action is as good as the two later Fatal Fury specials, IMO. On the other hand some of the villains appear to be in an incestuous relationship with each other, which is obviously really creepy (also, it has an absurd amount of fanservice for a special based on a fighting game).

Long story short, if you can stomach past the small incestuous bit (there's not much of it, and if it weren't for one particular creepy scene, you could almost dismiss it as regular sibling affection), it's a really good action show.

Currently Playing:

Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,989. Posted:

Didn't know Gowcaizer was on Youtube! The game was cheesy, fanservice-y fun, so I think I'll give it a watch sometime.

@Konata - Glad you had a good time with it. How did it compare to the anime?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

3,990. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I'm trying to make a list of anime I should watch before I finish Minami-ke, so I won't be scrambling to find something :3

I've had Minami-ke sitting in my HDD since it originally aired back in 2007 and yet never bothered to watch any of the seasons even tho I keep telling myself I'll eventually watch it.

As for suggestions it depends on what genres you like.

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,991. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Konata - Glad you had a good time with it. How did it compare to the anime?

Well, the Anime has (Now that I finished the manga I know these things.) 1: So, so many characters that were cut from the original manga.
2: the story line was dramatically changed for a couple episodes.
3: they ended the series about the half way point, where the manga is; way before any of the serious drama and things that I was hoping to see...
(I mean, I understand why they did it, since Anime usually doesn't last long.)
The manga, had more drama/romance near the end. I mean I usually don't go for that stuff, but I couldn't help myself this time :3

I really enjoyed it, and since I own it ill read it over again.
(I really decided to read the manga, after the anime because I read a spoiler online (yes by accident!) and I really wanted to read it to find out what happened.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

3,992. Posted:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

I heard Dead Man Wonderland is finally getting a season 2 :O

I wish they'd give Black Bulter and Code Geass a season 3... :(

It's also entering its final arc in the manga.

Code Geass is one of my favorite animes but I don't see it getting a 3rd season since it ended with everything getting resolved. The closest we'll be getting are spin offs like Akito The Exiled or OVA specials like Nunnally in Wonderland.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

3,993. Posted:

Has anyone seen Darker than Black??? Is it any good??
I only saw 2 ep. so i want to know if it gets any better because what ive seen so far is decent

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

3,994. Posted:

It's a really good series. The episodes are each 2 parts involving different missions Hei is ordered to do, along with some episodes that have to do with the main story that'll eventually lead to the end of the season. The 2nd season is more plot oriented however.

Edited on by EdJericho

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,995. Posted:

Man I haven't been watching anime at all....
I stopped halfway through at Binbogami-ga and never continued and haven't started a new series. Video games and girls have been taking top priority lately for some reason.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,996. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Video games and girls have been taking top priority lately for some reason.

People of the opposite (I assume) gender taking priority over japanese cartoons? What sort of madness is this?!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

3,997. Posted:

Someone please link the Gurren Lagann theme song!

I'm on a tablet, so I can't right now... :(

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,998. Posted:

I just sped/speed watched the first season of The idol M@ster on the crunchy roll app. (it's finally working for me.)
I really enjoy it, but it's getting a little boring...

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

3,999. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I just sped/speed watched the first season of The idol M@ster on the crunchy roll app. (it's finally working for me.)
I really enjoy it, but it's getting a little boring...

When you say first season do you mean the 1st half of Idolmaster?? or were you referring to Idolmaster Xenoglossia??

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,000. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Video games and girls have been taking top priority lately for some reason.

People of the opposite (I assume) gender taking priority over japanese cartoons? What sort of madness is this?!

:P

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery