Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 11,848

Arianabtd

I'm posting super early in the morning, but I couldn't sleep so....

I was wide awake so I finished the rest of the 18 volumes of Ouran HSHC
It was so good. I'm really sad it's over, but it was really great and I'm happy I got to read it.
The last 4 volumes really pulled my heart strings.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

RR529

Just watched Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer on YouTube!

I have really mixed feelings on this one. On one hand, it's cheezy martial arts action is as good as the two later Fatal Fury specials, IMO. On the other hand some of the villains appear to be in an incestuous relationship with each other, which is obviously really creepy (also, it has an absurd amount of fanservice for a special based on a fighting game).

Long story short, if you can stomach past the small incestuous bit (there's not much of it, and if it weren't for one particular creepy scene, you could almost dismiss it as regular sibling affection), it's a really good action show.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

EdJericho

Konata wrote:

I'm trying to make a list of anime I should watch before I finish Minami-ke, so I won't be scrambling to find something :3

I've had Minami-ke sitting in my HDD since it originally aired back in 2007 and yet never bothered to watch any of the seasons even tho I keep telling myself I'll eventually watch it.

As for suggestions it depends on what genres you like.

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

Arianabtd

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Konata - Glad you had a good time with it. How did it compare to the anime?

Well, the Anime has (Now that I finished the manga I know these things.) 1: So, so many characters that were cut from the original manga.
2: the story line was dramatically changed for a couple episodes.
3: they ended the series about the half way point, where the manga is; way before any of the serious drama and things that I was hoping to see...
(I mean, I understand why they did it, since Anime usually doesn't last long.)
The manga, had more drama/romance near the end. I mean I usually don't go for that stuff, but I couldn't help myself this time :3

I really enjoyed it, and since I own it ill read it over again.
(I really decided to read the manga, after the anime because I read a spoiler online (yes by accident!) and I really wanted to read it to find out what happened.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

EdJericho

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

I heard Dead Man Wonderland is finally getting a season 2

I wish they'd give Black Bulter and Code Geass a season 3...

It's also entering its final arc in the manga.

Code Geass is one of my favorite animes but I don't see it getting a 3rd season since it ended with everything getting resolved. The closest we'll be getting are spin offs like Akito The Exiled or OVA specials like Nunnally in Wonderland.

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

CrimsonFire

Has anyone seen Darker than Black??? Is it any good??
I only saw 2 ep. so i want to know if it gets any better because what ive seen so far is decent

EdJericho

It's a really good series. The episodes are each 2 parts involving different missions Hei is ordered to do, along with some episodes that have to do with the main story that'll eventually lead to the end of the season. The 2nd season is more plot oriented however.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

kkslider5552000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Video games and girls have been taking top priority lately for some reason.

People of the opposite (I assume) gender taking priority over japanese cartoons? What sort of madness is this?!

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Arianabtd

I just sped/speed watched the first season of The idol M@ster on the crunchy roll app. (it's finally working for me.)
I really enjoy it, but it's getting a little boring...

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

EdJericho

Konata wrote:

I just sped/speed watched the first season of The idol M@ster on the crunchy roll app. (it's finally working for me.)
I really enjoy it, but it's getting a little boring...

When you say first season do you mean the 1st half of Idolmaster?? or were you referring to Idolmaster Xenoglossia??

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

Arianabtd

EdJericho wrote:

Konata wrote:

I just sped/speed watched the first season of The idol M@ster on the crunchy roll app. (it's finally working for me.)
I really enjoy it, but it's getting a little boring...

When you say first season do you mean the 1st half of Idolmaster?? or were you referring to Idolmaster Xenoglossia??

Oops! I guess I meant to say the first half x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

EdJericho

Konata wrote:

Oops! I guess I meant to say the first half x3.

lol That's good because Xenoglossia wasn't great. Idolmaster on the other hand was very enjoyable for me. I guess it's more a series targeted to the fans of the games so I can understand why you'd find it getting a little boring. The series does pick up a bit during the 2nd half for some of the characters but I won't say for who so I don't spoil it.

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

Arianabtd

EdJericho wrote:

Konata wrote:

Oops! I guess I meant to say the first half x3.

lol That's good because Xenoglossia wasn't great. Idolmaster on the other hand was very enjoyable for me. I guess it's more a series targeted to the fans of the games so I can understand why you'd find it getting a little boring. The series does pick up a bit during the 2nd half for some of the characters but I won't say for who so I don't spoil it.

I think ill keep with it


Anyway, has anyone watched the movie Summer Wars?(its either war or wars, I can't remember) I was interested in checking it out, but I'd like some opinions first.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

CrimsonFire

Konata wrote:

EdJericho wrote:

Konata wrote:

Oops! I guess I meant to say the first half x3.

lol That's good because Xenoglossia wasn't great. Idolmaster on the other hand was very enjoyable for me. I guess it's more a series targeted to the fans of the games so I can understand why you'd find it getting a little boring. The series does pick up a bit during the 2nd half for some of the characters but I won't say for who so I don't spoil it.

I think ill keep with it


Anyway, has anyone watched the movie Summer Wars?(its either war or wars, I can't remember) I was interested in checking it out, but I'd like some opinions first.

Yes, the movie is great,awesome,fantastic. Watch it, its really good. Also if you've seen Digimon the movie you'll find some refrences to the movie.
Watch it Now I cant stress this enough

Dezner

Damn, I just realized I'm watching 6 currently simulcasted series. That's usually two more than I've been accustomed to.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic