General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,941 to 3,960 of 10,467

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,941. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Watched Escaflowne on YouTube last night.

YAY!!!

RR529 wrote:

Pretty good film...

Oh...

...seriously, if you haven't, watch the series. While it has its ups and downs (Really rushed in the middle at least), it's much better than the film.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,942. Posted:

I just finished both seasons of Baka and Test -Summon the Beasts-.
I know I said I wouldn't finish it, but I couldn't help myself.

I really like the comedy side of the anime, but there was WAY to much Fan-service for me to totally enjoy it all. But other then that, it was really funny and I enjoyed it.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,943. Posted:

Your more of a trooper than I am, Konata. I couldn't make it through the first episode, I felt like the fanservice just killed it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,944. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Your more of a trooper than I am, Konata. I couldn't make it through the first episode, I felt like the fanservice just killed it.

I guess (For me anyways) since I'm a girl I can tolerate it more, I just tried to ignore it all together. I mean if my brother watched it, I would seriously unplug his computer and throw it in a river.

Am I being sexist?
Eh I don't know. All I know is that ill make sure not to watch any more Fan service anime, I think I can only tolerate It once :3

-Idolmasterrrrrr-

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,945. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Watched Escaflowne on YouTube last night.

YAY!!!

RR529 wrote:

Pretty good film...

Oh...

...seriously, if you haven't, watch the series. While it has its ups and downs (Really rushed in the middle at least), it's much better than the film.

If I ever get a new iPod (or tablet) I'll look into the series. It's just that I only have access to YouTube (on my brother's 360), and since it's so hit & miss finding videos there, I'm sticking to whatever OVA's and films I can find, so I can finish a story in one sitting.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

3,946. Posted:

I started reading the Magi manga, and I'm enjoying it way more than the anime. Hopefully I'll have time to get into it during the weekend.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,947. Posted:

Yeah, I keep hearing that the anime of Magi isn't doing a great job compared to the manga version. I still want to try the Magi anime, though.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,948. Posted:

Konata wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I guess (For me anyways) since I'm a girl I can tolerate it more, I just tried to ignore it all together. I mean if my brother watched it, I would seriously unplug his computer and throw it in a river.

Am I being sexist?
Eh I don't know. All I know is that ill make sure not to watch any more Fan service anime, I think I can only tolerate It once :3

yeah you are being sexist xD but eh some you kinda learn to ignore it or laugh it off some animes are worse then others though some are more like happens to lead part of the story while others keep going to just the bath scenes <.< we get it

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,949. Posted:

Watched Spriggan last night on YouTube.

I found it to be enjoyable. It got kinda weird towards the end (but then again, what anime doesn't), but the action is sublime, there's lots of it, and it has some awesome attention to detail (this is the kind of detail I think that modern anime lacks).

It's only around an hour & a half long, so if you have the time you should look into it.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,950. Posted:

Watched Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture last night on YouTube!

It's nothing deep or revolutionary, but if your just looking for an afternoon of cheesy martial arts fun, it fits the bill (reminded me of watching DBZ & Yu Yu Hakusho back when I was in middle school). BTW, there are a few fanservice scenes, but nothing more than a few seconds long (what with Mai being in the film). There are actually two OVAs that precede this movie, and since they're on YouTube as well, they'll probably be next on my list (not tonight though, with Toonami on).

P.S. - sorry for the double post.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,951. Posted:

Just watch Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle. While it's nothing really special, it's the best in its class (Cheesy action movies based on games). The first Fatal Fury special was awful, though.

Also, I had heard about Spriggan. If I recall correctly (I probably don't...) it was supposed to be a movie that was more style than substance. Unless I'm just thinking of Venus Wars? Either way, check that out if you haven't already. I quite liked its art, at least. Don't remember anything about the actual story or characters, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,952. Posted:

Just about finished the first season of Minami-ke

I like Slice of life Anime, so this one I really enjoy. I think it's hilarious. I'm pretty used to reading subs now, I think I like it.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,953. Posted:

Minami-Ke was good, I never finished it, though. Glad you liked it. Did you watch it on Crunchyroll? If so, I didn't know it was on there...EDIT: Nope, wasn't licensed, I guess. Oh well.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,954. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Minami-Ke was good, I never finished it, though. Glad you liked it. Did you watch it on Crunchyroll? If so, I didn't know it was on there...

I have a Nook Tablet, that has Flash on it so I found a random anime website to watch it on. (I don't always do that because some websites don't work well because of buffering problems.)

When funimation started simulcasting the fourth season I started watching it, but got confused since I had no idea what is was about. So I decided to start watching it at the beginning.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,955. Posted:

I see. Thanks for the info.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,956. Posted:

hmm finished majikoi oh samurai girls and ichigo100% both seem like it was to short mostly the ending to ichigo D= the other us just pure fanservice like wth xD

i feel like im running out of anime again O_O to many short animes grr but least im starting to get used to subs

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,957. Posted:

I remember there was some show about Samurai girls I wanted to watch. I don't think Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls was it, though.

EDIT: There's a completely unrelated anime simply titled Samurai Girls. I think I'll watch that some time. It's short, too, though it gets a second season in April.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Dezner

3,958. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

EDIT: There's a completely unrelated anime simply titled Samurai Girls. I think I'll watch that some time. It's short, too, though it gets a second season in April.

Samurai Girls is such a brilliantly beautiful show. I've been wanting to buy the Blu-ray just for the artistry alone. drools :O

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,959. Posted:

Toonami Saturday Night (Part 1)

Bleach - the underlings are finally defeated, so now it's time for the main event!

Naruto - Pretty good training episode. I like it when a series has training episodes. It seems like with most anime, the characters just randomly jump in power when they defeat a certain opponent, gain a certain item, or if there is training, it's shown off screen. I like actually seeing the characters advancing & getting stronger (and it can provide a good time to vent some comedy relief before a big serious fight).

ThunderCats - Um, this episode was actually kind of sad (what with the past of the twins. Living in the midwest US, I can somewhat relate to the tornado story as well, even though my area has been fortunate/lucky enough to avoid such tragedy). Some of the animals in this show just look ludicrously stupid, though (it's like I'm watching Avatar: the Last Airbender all over again, where they just mush together various parts of actual animals, without any regards as to whether or not it actually looks any good or makes sense).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,960. Posted:

I'm not gonna spoil it but there's a new show announced for Toonami and it's a big one as far as I'm concerned.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!