Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,541 to 12,560 of 13,106

LuigibrineTheGreat

@jump That is totally fine by me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just remember that some people are totally fine with fan-service.

As the great Freddie Mercury said, fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go 'round.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

jump

@Andrew_R_2000 You're assuming I dislike or have an issue with fan service, I don't. I just think DxD was rubbish ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Diddy64

@jump I can understand that, as, while not related to fanservice, I can't watch some movies/series that depiction child abuse (mainly aggression). Strangely the only exception is Dragonball Z/Super and Naruto/Boruto.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Blooper987

Just now starting to watch My Hero Academia! It’ll be my first anime not based on a video game😆👍

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

RR529

Pulled out my Blu-Ray of Evangelion 1.11 and rewatched it this morning, 'cause I had the day off and didn't have much else going on.

Despite it being a 13 year old film (how time flies!) it's still a stunningly modern looking remake of the first few arcs of the original TV anime.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Blooper987

How inappropriate is Sword Art Online, Full Metal Alchemist, and Re:Zero??? Fine with most swearing and violence/blood, but not heavy sexual content or terribly disturbing imagery.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

kkslider5552000

FMA has its moments but I'd say is not dramatically harsher than MHA for...most of its run (and it doesn't get worse than certain early scenes). SAO and Re:Zero are probably a bit much though.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DePurpleMonkey

Is it just me or is FMAB the best thing ever?

What are you looking at?

jump

I just watched the trailer for Earwig and the Witch, I'm really not feeling Studio Ghibli's switch to CGI. It's better than say The Adam's Family CGI movie or any other non-Disney/Pixar films but I miss the signature Ghibli beauty of hand drawn art too much.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

Yeah my initial impressions is that there's this weird disconnect in how good some parts of it look vs. other parts. It's like its somewhere between a Ghibli level focus on impressive details and a random B-tier CG movie from like 10+ years ago.

Also really unfortunate timing, considering how only now are other Japanese studios making 3D animated films that aren't clearly compromised by not being 2D anime films.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tasuki

So I got a quick question. I recent been starting to get back into Manga and I am trying to get back into my favorite series, Fushigi Yugi. I was wondering is there a site where I can get digital copies of manga to read on my tablet?? I just want to clear that I am looking for honest sites and not some shady one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Solaine

@Tasuki How do you define shady? You can read Fushigi yugi on mangakalot, if you are searching for a site where you can pay for reading manga then i guess crunchyroll. If it is an app you are searching for then i got proxer which is german, but if you use search you usually find them english translated. Hope one of those ideas helps, thankyou for giving me another manga to read now though ; )

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

RR529

@Tasuki, if you don't mind buying from Amazon it looks like the series is available digitally through the Kindle app.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@Solaine I mean like torrents or "free sites" stuff like that. No problem on the recommendation. Just keep in mind there is Fushigi Yugi the first series then there is two prequel series called Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden and Fushigi Yugi Byyakk Senkai

@RR529. Thanks I wasn't sure if I could get it on the Kindle as I don't have a Kindle. Had one years ago but it was the old eReader type. I wasn't aware of the app at all.

My Backlog

Solaine

@Tasuki Glad to help then!. So... do you recommend starting with the prequel or the main series?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Tasuki

@Solaine I say start with the main series because the prequels will make more sense then. That and Byakko Senkai just started so there's only one volume now.

My Backlog

Solaine

@Tasuki will do, thankyou very much!

1ofUs

Fullmetal Alchemist is sad

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

RR529

I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas, and since I'm not in need of any new games, I figured I'd load up on some manga.

Bought Triage X Volume 3 & InuYasha "Vizbig" edition 1 (Volumes 1-3 bundled) digitally, and a physical copy of Super Mario Manga Mania (since it's not available digitally).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Laoak

Caught up with AOT manga, poor MAPPA for having to animate this. Season 4 is going to be so good

{funny quote here}

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic