Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,341 to 12,360 of 12,387

Tsurii

@kkslider5552000 I don't think I'd call Banana Fish dark tbh. It's got mature (and slightly messed up) themes but so far it isn't trying to be super edgy about it or whatever the hell them weebs these days call dark (anyone taking that last bit serious goes on the ignore list, too "old" to put up with people without some humor)
Granted, it's only at episode two. Think it's adapting a manga tho, so maybe someone feels compelled to read that stuff and enlighten us. Think it's also worth pointing out that it's apparently a shounen ai thing but, again, so far it's not done much at all along those lines either so maybe people are just generally full of it.

Can't accept when someone's calling this season dry tho. Not when I get more Overlord, MHA (hoping for that best boy tease at the end) and a pretty sweet beach volleyball thingy
Also think I'll be really into Banana Fish, as mentioned, and that Dropkick on my Devil (I think that's the title. I just look at the pretty pictures when I look out for the new episodes)

Also also... @CanisWolfred I'm gonna turn a blind eye on that really bad opinion on Franxx, buddy. But just this time

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

CanisWolfred

@Tsurii And I'll overlook every show you mentioned that wasn't My Hero Academia.

With that said, I meant the season that just started, not the one that just ended. Last season was great. Part of why Darling stands out as disappointing (besides the poorly excecuted subplots, complete lack of subtlety, rushed ending, bland characters, the amount of scenes that homage shows like Evangelion without really doing anything with them, or the fact that this is the first Studio Trigger series that didn't really feel unique and memorable to me in any way whatsoever, except for maybe quirks like butt controls that wouldn't feel out of place in your average ecchi shlockfest), is that there were so many more shows I could've watched instead in this season alone, let alone in years past...really just felt like I picked the wrong one to follow, since most of my free time went to Warframe these past few months. Oh well, at least I have the summer season to catch up.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

@CanisWolfred I was talking about the currently starting one as well, actually. One of those people who hate themselves enough to keep up with stuff as it's airing.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't post when I'm ready to collapse. We'll just have to agree to disagree, since, aside from maybe Angolmois, I personally don't see anything that looks like it has an interesting story worth following outside of continuing series (and I consider "season X" of anything "continuing" - the story that was set up before is now continuing, what the hell else do you call that???). Which isn't a bad thing, but....I was gonna put in the time into those shows I already liked anyways, that's not really "hype" material. Then there's the episodic series, which I personally don't find appealing by default, and I haven't noticed a consensus for this season from my general observations. That's all I meant by a dry season...there's just no buzz, and I'm under the impression that the animators would rather be at the beach rather than working in the studio...and with the current line-up, I'm inclined to join them...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

Deku-Scrub

So I just finished Re:Zero, and OH MY GOSH was that one heck of a ride. I am still at a loss for words for what I can even say about it.

Although probably one of the best things I did going into it was that I watched it 100% blind to what it was even about, or who many of the characters were (Outside of knowing who Rem was based on her massively large fan base)

This is hands down my favorite anime at the moment, and I am so excited for the OVA coming later this year too (I got my fingers crossed for a season 2... c'mon make it happen guys).

“I still don’t know where to find happiness. But I’ll continue to think about whether it’s good to be here… whether it was good to have been born. But in the end, it’s just realizing the obvious over and over again. Because I am myself.” – Shinji Ikari

CanisWolfred

Deku-Scrub wrote:

So I just finished Re:Zero, and OH MY GOSH was that one heck of a ride. I am still at a loss for words for what I can even say about it.

Although probably one of the best things I did going into it was that I watched it 100% blind to what it was even about, or who many of the characters were (Outside of knowing who Rem was based on her massively large fan base)

This is hands down my favorite anime at the moment, and I am so excited for the OVA coming later this year too (I got my fingers crossed for a season 2... c'mon make it happen guys).

You're lucky you went into it blind. A light novel fan ruined the bigger plot twists for me before the series even started. Wound up dropping it pretty early on, since the build up to the interesting parts took too long, and I already knew what was gonna happen. Then again, I figured knowing the twists would make me put up with the usual light novel tropes, but...they're just terrible tropes that ruin everything they touch, and I could never actually sit through a full episode without pausing to do something else in between...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

Deku-Scrub

@CanisWolfred That’s a real shame, I am personally really new to the world of anime, manga, and what not, and I literally only yesterday while looking into more about the story discovered the light novels (and for that matter what a light novel even is).

I was much the opposite with the episodes of Re:Zero though compared to your experience, I couldn’t stop watching it, and I haven’t binged a show this hard in a very long time, so it was refreshing yet exausting as odd as that may sound.

“I still don’t know where to find happiness. But I’ll continue to think about whether it’s good to be here… whether it was good to have been born. But in the end, it’s just realizing the obvious over and over again. Because I am myself.” – Shinji Ikari

Tsurii

I have no idea how I ended up there but...just listened to some of the absolutely beautiful Made in Abyss OST again and y'all have to watch that series. And if you already saw it...it don't matter. Watch it again 😝

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Joeynator3000

Not sure when, but I think I might look into another anime series. I dunno why I never bothered looking into it before, but One Piece. Not sure when, since my internet is acting up, but yeah I think I'll be checking this out soon.

Also, the anime has Warriors games, so even better if I do like this series. lol

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

Fooligan

@Joeynator3000 Isn't One Piece the one that people say takes 200 episodes (yes, 200) for it to START getting good? Does that sound fun Joe? I don't think so. What you should watch if you haven't already is Food Wars. It has weird humor and boobs, your two favorite things! (or is that three? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) Just a friendly suggestion buddy. You do whatever you want.

What do you use to watch anime? Funimation? Amazon Video? Crunchyroll?

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Joeynator3000

...I'm fine watching it from the beginning, I won't know till I see it. And apparently Funimation has issues with buffering, which is irritating.

kkslider5552000

Fooligan wrote:

Isn't One Piece the one that people say takes 200 episodes (yes, 200) for it to START getting good?

Anyone who thinks One Piece isn't good at the start is an idiot. Whoever told you that you should cut out of your life.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Joeynator3000

I honestly just ignore anime "fans" anyways, most of them are just...ugh...Especially the dub haters.

Fooligan

It was just some random guy from some anime board I use to lurk on a long time ago so no big loss on my part.

What's this about dub haters though? Dubs are trash, Joe. Deal with it! Lol Nah just kidding. I think it just come down to what voices you hear first. Like how some baby animals imprint on the first thing they see.
Dragonball Z I first saw the dub back in the 90s and I saw a couple episodes in Japanese and the voices TO ME don't seem right.
Now on the other hand, Your Lie in April I saw the Japanese version first and then I tried to watch the dub and it just sounded wrong.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Tsurii

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Fooligan wrote:

Isn't One Piece the one that people say takes 200 episodes (yes, 200) for it to START getting good?

Anyone who thinks One Piece isn't good at the start is an idiot. Whoever told you that you should cut out of your life.

It's not bad but it's absolutely nothing special up until Arlong Park either. It took OP 8 volumes to actually get really good which is something no one would accept these days anymore (granted I think the current state of WSJ is absolute horses*** and the people deciding what stays and what goes are complete and utter morons)

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Joeynator3000

tries to watch One Piece again
Yay Funimation's stupid site is working again!!!

kkslider5552000

That reminds me, I haven't bought a new One Piece DVD in a while. Need to get back to that (...I mean I have 350 episodes, shouldn't stop now :V)

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!

uximal

@Joeynator3000 One piece is great, it already had more than 700 episodes,give it a try .Now I recommend Death Note and initial D, The first is a very serious anime ....No boobs at all... the latter is about street racing . so u will decide, btw Nettflix tried making a movie out DN and butchered it.

3ds | 4983-5921-3975 | Thiori. jr

Switch | SW-8120-4957-2416 | uximal

Joeynator3000

I do wish they had Blurays, oh wellz...but I yeah I may start grabbing DVDs of One Piece, I like it. As for the other suggestions, they're not my kind of anime, so...yeah.

kkslider5552000

For the new season, I decided to watch Cells at Work and Planet With.

Both of which are proof that anything can be an anime if you want it to be. An anime version of Osmosis Jones? Sure. An anime that HAD to have been made in a game of Madlibs? Why not?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic