Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,361 to 12,375 of 12,375

Joeynator3000

Not sure when, but I think I might look into another anime series. I dunno why I never bothered looking into it before, but One Piece. Not sure when, since my internet is acting up, but yeah I think I'll be checking this out soon.

Also, the anime has Warriors games, so even better if I do like this series. lol

Joeynator3000

Fooligan

@Joeynator3000 Isn't One Piece the one that people say takes 200 episodes (yes, 200) for it to START getting good? Does that sound fun Joe? I don't think so. What you should watch if you haven't already is Food Wars. It has weird humor and boobs, your two favorite things! (or is that three? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) Just a friendly suggestion buddy. You do whatever you want.

What do you use to watch anime? Funimation? Amazon Video? Crunchyroll?

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Joeynator3000

...I'm fine watching it from the beginning, I won't know till I see it. And apparently Funimation has issues with buffering, which is irritating.

Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000

Fooligan wrote:

Isn't One Piece the one that people say takes 200 episodes (yes, 200) for it to START getting good?

Anyone who thinks One Piece isn't good at the start is an idiot. Whoever told you that you should cut out of your life.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Joeynator3000

I honestly just ignore anime "fans" anyways, most of them are just...ugh...Especially the dub haters.

Joeynator3000

Fooligan

It was just some random guy from some anime board I use to lurk on a long time ago so no big loss on my part.

What's this about dub haters though? Dubs are trash, Joe. Deal with it! Lol Nah just kidding. I think it just come down to what voices you hear first. Like how some baby animals imprint on the first thing they see.
Dragonball Z I first saw the dub back in the 90s and I saw a couple episodes in Japanese and the voices TO ME don't seem right.
Now on the other hand, Your Lie in April I saw the Japanese version first and then I tried to watch the dub and it just sounded wrong.

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Tsurii

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Fooligan wrote:

Isn't One Piece the one that people say takes 200 episodes (yes, 200) for it to START getting good?

Anyone who thinks One Piece isn't good at the start is an idiot. Whoever told you that you should cut out of your life.

It's not bad but it's absolutely nothing special up until Arlong Park either. It took OP 8 volumes to actually get really good which is something no one would accept these days anymore (granted I think the current state of WSJ is absolute horses*** and the people deciding what stays and what goes are complete and utter morons)

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Joeynator3000

tries to watch One Piece again
Yay Funimation's stupid site is working again!!!

Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000

That reminds me, I haven't bought a new One Piece DVD in a while. Need to get back to that (...I mean I have 350 episodes, shouldn't stop now :V)

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!

uximal

@Joeynator3000 One piece is great, it already had more than 700 episodes,give it a try .Now I recommend Death Note and initial D, The first is a very serious anime ....No boobs at all... the latter is about street racing . so u will decide, btw Nettflix tried making a movie out DN and butchered it.

3ds | 4983-5921-3975 | Thiori. jr

Switch | SW-8120-4957-2416 | uximal

Joeynator3000

I do wish they had Blurays, oh wellz...but I yeah I may start grabbing DVDs of One Piece, I like it. As for the other suggestions, they're not my kind of anime, so...yeah.

Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000

For the new season, I decided to watch Cells at Work and Planet With.

Both of which are proof that anything can be an anime if you want it to be. An anime version of Osmosis Jones? Sure. An anime that HAD to have been made in a game of Madlibs? Why not?

Fooligan

Cells at Work looks like it might be fun to watch. I don't know when I'll get around to watching it though. I'm still watching Fate/Zero, then I might start Attack on Titan (I saw the first episode in a twitch steam and now I want to watch the whole series) plus season three is coming out now so I don't need to wait.

TheCurator

Hey all, lately I convinced myself to start reading e-manga. Recommend me please some cool manga series that are available in online version. Thanks!

Wii U Owner!
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 14-Inch HD Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB DDR3 248GB SSD OS Windows 10 Pro

Lloiddd

Speaking of "e-manga" I borrow lots of manga from my local library via an app (Hoopla).

RN I'm reading Lone Wolf and Cub and Usagi Yojimbo. Lots of graphic novels on there folks, check your local library before buying. Lots of DVD's and Blurays too (I just watched 2nd season of Attack on Titan because NF taking so long...)

Lloiddd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic