Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 11,181 to 11,200 of 13,106

OutCold

@Megumi: I hope you get your money back fine! Sorryz again

So was waiting to see if Mr. Wolfred was going to say anything first about http://g-tekketsu.com/index.html (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans). There is this announcement event video w/Eng sub and there is also this teaser/trailer.. I don't know what to think right now. The MC(Mikazuki Augus) looks like he might also turn into a cry baby emo BUT if the wiki is right about this show and not some random crap it also says Mikazuki "An orphan who would not hesitate to sacrifice his life for his comrades" so maybe he will be a bit brash and hot headed, that would be awesome. I will also always love the more clunky and rough look of the mechs from the older Gundam series. I'm not saying there bad now at all, to me they just seem more sleek and the older shows just felt more idk "real" or plausible ... someday. If I do end up watching all of this it will be the first Gundam T.V series to come out post 1999 that I could watch in its entirety, I really want to be able to say that!

EDIT: Started this an hour ago but then I went and did some stuff and spaced finishing lol so Wolfred you did beat me to it

Edited on by OutCold

the unattainable is unknown at zombo com
MH4U/MHG/MHW: Guts
~ close eyes, perceive with mind ~

Joeynator3000

I contacted the seller first, if I don't hear back from them by tomorrow afternoon then I'll contact Amazon instead. But yeah, but thanks to @Outcold helping me out with online sites, I managed to find a way to just download them using KissAnime and another site. (don't really care about the watermark, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CaviarMeths

Megumi wrote:

Hah, I can download them...screw Amazon and their trollish sellers.

Normally I don't (officially) condone piracy, but yeah, I think it's important for consumers to feel empowered. If publishers have no interest in making their product available commercially, then go for it.

And Amazon is great with their A-Z guarantee. If you don't settle it with the seller, Amazon will just give you a credit for the amount you paid, no more questions asked. They'll take it from there. I've only had to file one A-Z claim (thank goodness), but it was resolved by Amazon within minutes.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Joeynator3000

CaviarMeths wrote:

Megumi wrote:

Hah, I can download them...screw Amazon and their trollish sellers.

Normally I don't (officially) condone piracy, but yeah, I think it's important for consumers to feel empowered. If publishers have no interest in making their product available commercially, then go for it.

And Amazon is great with their A-Z guarantee. If you don't settle it with the seller, Amazon will just give you a credit for the amount you paid, no more questions asked. They'll take it from there. I've only had to file one A-Z claim (thank goodness), but it was resolved by Amazon within minutes.

Good to know, normally I aim for DVDs/BD...but if the studios stopped making them to the point where Part 1 ends up being over $100 or all the used discs are horribly screwed up...then yeah...downloading it is. But if Funimation ever dubs season 2 and manages re-release season 1 again then I'll go for it.

(when I think about, it was the same thing with SNES/N64 ROMs/Emulators...the moment Virtual Console began, I started deleting them when they showed up on the VC. At that point Earthbound was the only one left, but eventually that showed up on the Wii U, so, yeah. )

Keep it PG-13-ish.

RR529

Chiller Anime Wednesday night!

Is it a Zombie? - I... I don't even. Pretty much the main character is a zombie (in name only. He's pretty much seems like a normal human, just immortal with super strength) thanks to a necromancer bringing him back to life after he was murdered. It was pretty laid back & silly though, with a magical girl (the MC having to take on the role himself at one point), and even a crab monster with rocket propelled claws! It was actually pretty fun, though I think it'd be served better at the end of the block to break all the tension.

Tokyo Majin - This one seems like it'll be decent, though it didn't really grab me. Pretty much, a group of high school students with magical martial arts powers battle ghouls & zombies by night. Seems decent, but the standard def really hurt this one, as the image came in really fuzzy (either the channel doesn't have an HD variant, or our cable provider doesn't carry it).

Devil May Cry - Seems like it'll be a decent shoot 'em up, slice 'em up moster fighting series (yes, I know it's based on the game series), though it didn't hit me as anything particularly special. It was really dark (image wise) at times, which I blame on the standard def as well.

Black Blood Brothers - This one actually took me by surprise. Pretty much there's a war between vampires & humans, and Jiro (a powerful "old blood" vampire) & his little brother are on their way to a "special zone" of Tokyo with a group of vampire redugees (the "special zone" is rumored to be a safe haven for vampires), but are opposed by a group of highly trained vampire hunters sent by the Japanese government to snuff out "illegal immigrants". Of course, it seems that Jiro has some beef with another "old blood" from his past, and at the end, he's seemingly unable to get to his little brother whom is sinking to the bottom of the ocean. This seems like it'll be a pretty good action series, and the one I'd say could potentially fit on Toonami the best (if it weren't nearly 10 years old).

Overall, I guess I'll be tuning in, as I have nothing else to do on Wednesday nights. I hope it lasts at least a few months. Chiller is part of a higher tier cable plan that we don't pay for, but the cable company is giving these channels to everyone throughout the summer (through September, I think), so hopefully it lasts until then.

Thans to @Sergio151 for the heads up!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

OutCold wrote:

@Megumi: I hope you get your money back fine! Sorryz again

So was waiting to see if Mr. Wolfred was going to say anything first about http://g-tekketsu.com/index.html (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans). There is this announcement event video w/Eng sub and there is also this teaser/trailer.. I don't know what to think right now. The MC(Mikazuki Augus) looks like he might also turn into a cry baby emo BUT if the wiki is right about this show and not some random crap it also says Mikazuki "An orphan who would not hesitate to sacrifice his life for his comrades" so maybe he will be a bit brash and hot headed, that would be awesome. I will also always love the more clunky and rough look of the mechs from the older Gundam series. I'm not saying there bad now at all, to me they just seem more sleek and the older shows just felt more idk "real" or plausible ... someday. If I do end up watching all of this it will be the first Gundam T.V series to come out post 1999 that I could watch in its entirety, I really want to be able to say that!

EDIT: Started this an hour ago but then I went and did some stuff and spaced finishing lol so Wolfred you did beat me to it

At the very least, the older ones looked like they had weight to them, and they were generally colored to seem more practical, too. I liked the sleekness of SEED when I was a kid (mostly the Astray designs, actually. Seriously, the best designs from that AU was in that manga series...), but by now I prefer the bulkier designs. A lot of the new ones are clearly designed to look like toys rather than military machines, for better or for worse.

At the very least, the new one is showing a bigger variety in the designs, with non-humanoid machines still being used heavily in the trailer (which we haven't really seen since Gundam SEED, but this time they don't just exist as fodder). That's nice. I miss shows like Dougram and Votoms, where the robots weren't the "end-all, be-all war machines, but simply versitile machines that were used in conjunction with other military vehicles, since it really added a lot of depth to the world and forced them to focus more on strategy, making fights more intense and cerebral. Heck, even the first Gundam and Macross series did that, too, even if they didn't really emphasis it much.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Joeynator3000

Well, got the full season 1 of Squid Girl downloaded, I watched it all...I enjoyed it. owo

Keep it PG-13-ish.

CaviarMeths

I've... actually read some of Fruits Basket...

It was OK.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

RR529

Just to let it be known, Screwattack's Death Battle will be doing a rematch between Goku & Superman soon (You know, because Goku has achieved some new transformations since the last time they did it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Hendesu

I don't know why but, I keep finding myself reading doujinshis. Maybe because they're more interesting than the original manga.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

RR529

Sergio151 wrote:

@RR529
I don't watch Death Battle. Not because I get mad or anything, but because I'm not a fan of "Who would win" debates.

Well, I don't really give a darn about who'd win debates either. I just find the videos fun. I'll admit that there are a few videos I don't agree with/see a fault with, but I don't care enough to let it bother me.

I'd actually like to see InuYasha vs Naruto (just for the fact that I think that'd be an interesting bout), but I just have a feeling that when they pull up Naruto (and I guarantee they will eventually), it'll be against Ichigo or something.

Then again, to my absolute astonishment, the crew at Man at Arms: Reforged managed to get around to making Tessaiga (InuYasha's sword), so the series isn't completely forgotten it seems.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

The more I watch of Ushio & Tora, the more I see parallels to the beginning of Inuyasha. Considering Inuyasha appeared in the same magazing U&T did as soon as the latter ended, I can't help but think that's not a coincidence. Hopefully U&T stays interesting, since I've been liking it a lot so far.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

I've checked out God Eater, Prison School, and Gate so far this season.

God Eater is worth watching for the animation style alone. A very visually interesting combination of CG and traditional hand drawn, which doesn't always work, but it really does here. Story is whatever so far. About as good as you could ask for in a anime adaptation of a Monster Hunter clone.

Prison School seems to be a step down from the manga. First episode covered the first 6 chapters of the manga. Really flying through the source material. I can see this being an issue later, where sometimes entire chapters are dedicated to like 5 seconds of time. The comedy style tends to go way over-the-top an exaggerate literal moments in time. If they plan on covering the first arc (78 chapters) of the manga in 12-13 episodes, it's really gonna suffer.

And ya'll should be watching Gate.

I might have to check out Gangsta too. Looks like a pretty strong candidate to scratch my Black Lagoon/Cowboy Bebop itch.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

DBZ Kai - Missed it.

Kill la Kill - Missed it.

Michiko & Hatchin - Missed first few minutes. The girls think they can get a lead on Hiroshi from a dancer named Pepe Lima, but she runs afoul of the local mob when she steals from them in an attempt to create a better life for her little sister. The younger girl goes missing however, and it seems Pepe herself may have met an untimely demise. Tune in next week to find out!

Sword Art Online II - The whole gang is reunited as they re-enter a more fantasy realm, and undergow a quest to obtain Excalibur in order to save Yodenheim from the Frost Giants, who threaten to invade their part of the game too if they aren't defeated. Of course, there are some oddities to suggest this isn't a normal part of the game (which I'm sure will be the case), but at the current point in time they're taking things way too seriously (Like, if someone thought there were real world consequences to Ganondorf destroying Castle Town in OoT levels of personal investment into a video game).

Naruto Shippuden - The lone surviving monk from last week informs the Leaf village of the attack, Sakura does some reminiscing of the past, and Naruto finishes the next step in his training.

One Piece - The gang is fighting off waves of soldiers, while Luffy continues his fight with Lucci. While he holds up for a bit, eventually Lucci gets a major blow in, and Luffy looks done for. Will he get back up? Tune in next week!

Also, they had a new show montage thing, and while not part of the block proper, there was an advertisement for the theatrical release of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

I've checked out God Eater, Prison School, and Gate so far this season.

God Eater is worth watching for the animation style alone. A very visually interesting combination of CG and traditional hand drawn, which doesn't always work, but it really does here. Story is whatever so far. About as good as you could ask for in a anime adaptation of a Monster Hunter clone.

Prison School seems to be a step down from the manga. First episode covered the first 6 chapters of the manga. Really flying through the source material. I can see this being an issue later, where sometimes entire chapters are dedicated to like 5 seconds of time. The comedy style tends to go way over-the-top an exaggerate literal moments in time. If they plan on covering the first arc (78 chapters) of the manga in 12-13 episodes, it's really gonna suffer.

And ya'll should be watching Gate.

I might have to check out Gangsta too. Looks like a pretty strong candidate to scratch my Black Lagoon/Cowboy Bebop itch.

Gate and Gangsta. are two I've really been meaning to get to. I saw the first episode of the former, but I still got more to see. Haven't touched Gangsta. yet.

Oh yeah, been meaning to get to God Eater as well. I keep forgetting about that one for some reason.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Read the newest chapter of Bleach earlier!

The turn coat Quincies are the first of our heroes to fall, as it seems to be confirmed that Halschwalth has killed Bazz-B, and it is undoubtedly confirmed that Ywach killed the other two "off screen" (the chapter starts with their deaths). Meanwhile, Ywach's vanguard starts clashing with the rest of the heroic groups.

The mysteriously hooded Stern Ritter "C" confronts Kenpachi & Mayuri. He uses his strange power to mangle Kenpachi's dominant arm, though not before Kenpachi is able to get a head shot in. The attack doesn't seem to have the desired effect on the villain however, as he appears to start undergoing a strange transformation.

Stern Ritter "D" is in hiding after running into Ichigo's crew a few chapters ago. Despite appearing the coward, this appears to have Ichigo's group playing into his hands, as the heroes split up to search for him. Grimmjow is the first to make contact, and while the villain appears to flee, he lets slip a ball of poison that strikes Grimmjow, causing him to fall face first in the dirt.

Stern Ritter "M" is having no such luck, as he runs into a dead end, much to his disdain.

Finally, there's Stern Ritter "X", who has found a nice spot in which to snipe away the members of the main Soul Reaper group one by one. He wait's for the first member of the group to fall behind (which happens to be the lieutenant with the number "69" tattoo on his cheek), and takes his shot, which is a hit.

We don't see Uryuu, though we know Ywach sent him off on his own as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

I finally realized I never saw the last 20 minutes of GaoGaiGar Final (poss. the entire 8th episode, actually. I don't recall it having 8 episodes, I thought it was only 7). It was one of the most epic things I've ever seen, and it ended on an unexpectedly bittersweet note.

It's definitely going back on my favorite anime list:

1) [Most of] The Mobile Suit Gundam Franchise
2) One Piece
3) Hunter X Hunter
4) FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
5) Gurren Lagann
6) GaoGaiGar + GGG Final
7) Fang of the Sun Dougram
8) Armored Trooper Votoms
9) The Legend of Galactic Heroes
10) Trigun

Honorable Mentions: Getter Robo: Armageddon, .Hack//Sign, Sgt. Frog, Giant Robo, and Kaiba

I could've listed 30 more honorable mentions, honestly. So many good shows...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic