Forums

Topic: A Music Thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,048

Ralizah

@Solea I always have time for you.

What's up?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Lloiddd

One of the bands I use to listen to in HS (this one tho came out when I was in college).

FC Switch and 3DS 2810-1724-7536

Vinny

Can't believe Robert Miles died last year, and somehow I missed the news.
RIP Robert, really appreciated your work.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Ralizah

@Solea Oh man, that song is STRANGE! Never heard of the band. Although I had to look up an alternative video, as that one isn't allowed to play in the U.S. for whatever reason.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/may/06/swans-michael-g...

Apparently early in their career they took to locking people in with them to keep them from fleeing!

I have to thank the people who made the trailer for the new Godzilla film for apparently introducing masses of people to Debussy's Claire de Lune.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

bimmy-lee

@Solea @Ralizah - Last night, I got completely sucked in to that guardian interview and the link therein for the live performance of Oxygen. These guys are mind blowing. One of the weirdest, coolest things I’ve ever seen. Definitely looking forward to exploring them more. And to think, I didn’t even realize I was worshipping Michael Gira’s beer can ziggurat out in the desert that one time.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@Solea - I would never want to take that opportunity from you. Imagine away. Think of me as the guy with socks and sandals, short shorts, and a baggy T-shirt. He was the funniest one in my opinion. Gira seems brilliant. Possibly from another dimension. I loved some of his responses to the questions in the interview, specifically his response to the question about Nick Cave’s reaction to his songwriting. Took me a while to figure out what was happening in the Oxygen video, but when I did, it was mesmerizing.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@Solea - That’s the first time I think I’ve seen a lap steel played where it didn’t overpower everything else. They’re usually either not playing, or the feature sound. I can’t tell if it was mixed in low (the sound mixer looked busy), or if everything was becoming one thing. Really fascinating. Incremental is a great way to describe it. I thought that guitar lick was awful and intentionally grating at first, then within a few minutes, it became music.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Cobalt

@Solea

I personally think that the 80's and 90's in pop weren't bad at all... I mean you can find a lot of garbage for sure but we all have different tastes so...

Now, I checked Death Grips, hummmmm...I would say not my cup of tea...

I feel more confortable with this :

Cobalt

GrailUK

Headmaster Ritual 1985

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Cobalt

@Solea

This is better ! I prefer clearly this one than 'Guillotine"...

Dunno if you can handle heavy industrial music but check that :

Cobalt

Cobalt

@Solea

I'm surprised that you like it...

So, if you can handle Wumpscut, you're gonna handle easily SITD !

Big martial fat beat and some virus TI synths well used for the atmosphere.

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Cobalt

@Solea

That track is awesome. Production, mixing, atmosphere... Wowww ! Really inspiring and inspired. Thanks a lot for the discovery.

Cobalt

6ch6ris6

@Cobalt electro heavy industrial?

oh i really like that soylent green track!!! need to rewatch the film. spoiler alert btw if you understand german

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic