Forums

Topic: A Music Thread

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 2,046

Ralizah

@Solea No.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever deliberately sat down and listened to a Prince song. I've definitely heard some on the radio, but that's about it.

I do like Michael Jackson's work, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Cobalt

Greatness from the 90's ! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are AWESOME

PS : Ya Kid K is the singer of Technotronic (Euro 90's Bombastic band)

Cobalt

Cobalt

When HOUSE MUSIC meant something
I suppose that Yuzo Koshiro ripped some stuffs here like he did with Technotronic.

Cobalt

JoeDiddley

This week I discovered Boards Of Canada, 20 years too late.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Vinny

Found out about Denez Prigent and the Breton language after watching the great movie Black Hawk Down, which features the amazing song "Gortoz a Ran".

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Cobalt

@Vinny

In case you'd like to know, it means " I'm waiting " in English. ^^

Cobalt

Vinny

@Cobalt That's nice! Do you know some breton?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

Cobalt

@Vinny

Just a little bit. ^^

I'm french so I have good friends there in Bretagne.
This september, I'm gonna spend 10 days of tranquility in Saint-Malo.

I always had and still have something with Celtics things, it's like that. ^^

" Devezh mat " dude !

Cobalt

skywake

Here's an interesting observation. I was on an internet rabbit hole and found myself looking at revenue statistics for the Australian music industry. As you do. A couple of things I thought were kinda interesting.

1. Ad supported streaming generates about the same amount of revenue as Vinyl sales
2. Despite all the headline figures about Vinyl having huge growth it's still 1/4 of CD sales
3. Digital music sales have declined enough that ARIA make about as much money from CDs now
4. Paid subscriptions generate about as much revenue as all physical media combined

Probably none of these trends are a surprise to anyone. I just think it's interesting to realise that Vinyl is as big as Spotify Free or that iTunes is in such a fast decline that CDs, again, take up about as much of the market.

.... personally I haven't really changed the way I consume music over the last decade. I still buy CDs or purchase music digitally. I don't pay for a music subscription and instead just shuffle through my collection. The only change I've made is that I now use Spotify as a way to get an idea of whether I like an artist or not rather than The Pirate Bay.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Cobalt

Really powerful EBM/Industrial track for who like big synths(Virus Ti / Vanguard type) with phenomenal atmosphere and fat beat.

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Lloiddd

Been listening to a lot of synthwave (it's like today's artists trying recreate mostly ballad types of songs from 80's) but also lo-fi hiphop instrumentals from online artists/beatmakers.

This one I'm listening to right meow. Kudasai has a great Soundcloud channel, check him out.

FC Switch and 3DS 2810-1724-7536

Lloiddd

Good for him performing in a three piece suit. lol.

My favorite album from last year.

Edited on by Lloiddd

Lloiddd

My cousin is a single mom, good person (two beautiful children that are darlings). Huge aspirations. Hard to talking to her, because she asks me for help about budgeting and this and that, but every time I tell her about something she has to do, she seems always countering with "that's impossible" "I can't work that in..." "I have no time..." etc. I'm not frustrated with her just...sigh...it takes her about a few days to a week to finally admit yes we have to do that. I wish she'd just listen or better yet I wish I could just go halfway across the country and help her with the kids until she's caught up, but I can't.

Just reminded me of this song right now. To all single moms, keep your head up.

Vinny

Ahead of its time!

Edited on by Vinny

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic