Forums

Topic: A Bug Just Flew Into My Ear Canal

Posts 101 to 111 of 111

Ketchupcat

Varia01 wrote:

Musterd wrote:

This one's not an arthropod, but it's a panarthropod, so I guess it counts. It's also probably my favorite animal.
Untitled
It's called a taridgrade, or water bear. They're only about half a millimeter long. They can survive freezing, burning, time, nuclear devastation, pretty much everything. When the humans are extinct... THE TARDIGRADES WILL RISE. Or maybe they'll just keep doing what they've been doing. It seems to be working pretty well for them.

Wow, those things are incredible!
I got a story idea for that:
Iraq and other nations in southwestern Asia had sent secret groups to take control of foreign diseases, heat, and nuclear energy. The secret groups brought the materials back to the governments (The governments agreed to work together) so that they may create weapons to raid the U.S and Europe. The weapons would be bombs that contained thermonuclear diseases that spread on a wide radius. For Southwestern Asia was tired of American and European influence and wanted to regain their Muslim culture. They also took many glass panels to disguise their ships. Scouting ships quickly flew over to the U.S to weaken their forces, another went to Europe. 5 massive helicopters went to the U.S and 5 went to Europe. The U.S air force almost won the air fight while Europe failed. The scientists of the U.S and Europe were studying the water bears and finding out how to mix the water bears' DNA with theirs, so that they may become invincible. It is the only possible hope against southwestern Asia.

It would be pretty hard though. The way they survive it is by pulling all of their limbs in completely and going into hibernation.
I found this really cool bug at the pool today! It was reddish brown, and kind of fly-like. Its head seemed to end in a stubby proboscis-like end, which appeared to be pulsating. Its wings also weren't completely transparent, but had some black markings on them. Sound familiar to anyone?

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

KiwiPanda

The_Fox wrote:

As well as the Human Botfly, which utilizes a mosquito to deposit their larva onto humans where they burrow into the skin and feed until they're mature enough to burst out. They've even been known to burrow far enough to reach internal organs.
Untitled

I'd just also like to bring up that these things have to be taken out. As in, after you suffocate them, doctors would take some tweezers, and. Uhm. 'Nuff said.
why would anyone ever post a video on youtube of that, though?

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

KiwiPanda

Another bug, the Japanese Giant Hornet, can also spit flesh-burning liquids. And they also have good aim. At your eyes. They spit acid at your freaking eyes. Don't worry, a single hornet can't kill you, though-- this acid also calls in a hive of the original hornet's friends. Cool, right?
ahaha no not really

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

FireMario887

@Musterd: Those water bears? Are resistant to time too?!? That's... that's.... AMAZING. I wonder what the logic is to it.... Still being the only living thing that is resistant to time is just incredible!

FireMario887

Snagrio

Musterd wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

Musterd wrote:

This one's not an arthropod, but it's a panarthropod, so I guess it counts. It's also probably my favorite animal.
Untitled
It's called a taridgrade, or water bear. They're only about half a millimeter long. They can survive freezing, burning, time, nuclear devastation, pretty much everything. When the humans are extinct... THE TARDIGRADES WILL RISE. Or maybe they'll just keep doing what they've been doing. It seems to be working pretty well for them.

Wow, those things are incredible!
I got a story idea for that:
Iraq and other nations in southwestern Asia had sent secret groups to take control of foreign diseases, heat, and nuclear energy. The secret groups brought the materials back to the governments (The governments agreed to work together) so that they may create weapons to raid the U.S and Europe. The weapons would be bombs that contained thermonuclear diseases that spread on a wide radius. For Southwestern Asia was tired of American and European influence and wanted to regain their Muslim culture. They also took many glass panels to disguise their ships. Scouting ships quickly flew over to the U.S to weaken their forces, another went to Europe. 5 massive helicopters went to the U.S and 5 went to Europe. The U.S air force almost won the air fight while Europe failed. The scientists of the U.S and Europe were studying the water bears and finding out how to mix the water bears' DNA with theirs, so that they may become invincible. It is the only possible hope against southwestern Asia.

It would be pretty hard though. The way they survive it is by pulling all of their limbs in completely and going into hibernation.
I found this really cool bug at the pool today! It was reddish brown, and kind of fly-like. Its head seemed to end in a stubby proboscis-like end, which appeared to be pulsating. Its wings also weren't completely transparent, but had some black markings on them. Sound familiar to anyone?

Well this conversation took a bizarre turn...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Tricoloryoshi

So many nightmares to be had, so little time.

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

Birdman

I'm not sure why I clicked on this thread. Anyway, here's my creepy bug story:

A few years ago in high school band, I was warming up, playing my euphonium as usual, when a larger-than-average house fly flew right into my nose. In the middle of me playing. I didn't feel any real sensation with the bug in there (I've been picking my nose since before I can remember, so that's probably dulled the nerves there quite a bit), so I calmly finished what I playing, reached up in there, and it came out, and flew off. If I had like a Vine or GIF of the incident, you probably wouldn't believe how calm I was about the incident (and looking back on it, neither would I). The people by me and I were freaked out about it, but we also laughed about it; it was just too weird not to. Anyway, later in the period, if my memory is correct, the fly came back, and a clarinetist on the other side of the room managed to kill it. I never did have the heart to tell them it was in my nose earlier in the period...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.