General Discussion Forum

Topic: A Bug Just Flew Into My Ear Canal

Showing 101 to 112 of 112

AuthorMessage

Varia01

101. Posted:

Musterd wrote:

This one's not an arthropod, but it's a panarthropod, so I guess it counts. It's also probably my favorite animal.
Untitled
It's called a taridgrade, or water bear. They're only about half a millimeter long. They can survive freezing, burning, time, nuclear devastation, pretty much everything. When the humans are extinct... THE TARDIGRADES WILL RISE. Or maybe they'll just keep doing what they've been doing. It seems to be working pretty well for them.

Wow, those things are incredible!
I got a story idea for that:
Iraq and other nations in southwestern Asia had sent secret groups to take control of foreign diseases, heat, and nuclear energy. The secret groups brought the materials back to the governments (The governments agreed to work together) so that they may create weapons to raid the U.S and Europe. The weapons would be bombs that contained thermonuclear diseases that spread on a wide radius. For Southwestern Asia was tired of American and European influence and wanted to regain their Muslim culture. They also took many glass panels to disguise their ships. Scouting ships quickly flew over to the U.S to weaken their forces, another went to Europe. 5 massive helicopters went to the U.S and 5 went to Europe. The U.S air force almost won the air fight while Europe failed. The scientists of the U.S and Europe were studying the water bears and finding out how to mix the water bears' DNA with theirs, so that they may become invincible. It is the only possible hope against southwestern Asia.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Musterd

102. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

Musterd wrote:

This one's not an arthropod, but it's a panarthropod, so I guess it counts. It's also probably my favorite animal.
Untitled
It's called a taridgrade, or water bear. They're only about half a millimeter long. They can survive freezing, burning, time, nuclear devastation, pretty much everything. When the humans are extinct... THE TARDIGRADES WILL RISE. Or maybe they'll just keep doing what they've been doing. It seems to be working pretty well for them.

Iraq and other nations in southwestern Asia had sent secret groups to take control of foreign diseases, heat, and nuclear energy. The secret groups brought the materials back to the governments (The governments agreed to work together) so that they may create weapons to raid the U.S and Europe. The weapons would be bombs that contained thermonuclear diseases that spread on a wide radius. For Southwestern Asia was tired of American and European influence and wanted to regain their Muslim culture. They also took many glass panels to disguise their ships. Scouting ships quickly flew over to the U.S to weaken their forces, another went to Europe. 5 massive helicopters went to the U.S and 5 went to Europe. The U.S air force almost won the air fight while Europe failed. The scientists of the U.S and Europe were studying the water bears and finding out how to mix the water bears' DNA with theirs, so that they may become invincible. It is the only possible hope against southwestern Asia.

It would be pretty hard though. The way they survive it is by pulling all of their limbs in completely and going into hibernation.
I found this really cool bug at the pool today! It was reddish brown, and kind of fly-like. Its head seemed to end in a stubby proboscis-like end, which appeared to be pulsating. Its wings also weren't completely transparent, but had some black markings on them. Sound familiar to anyone?

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

103. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

As well as the Human Botfly, which utilizes a mosquito to deposit their larva onto humans where they burrow into the skin and feed until they're mature enough to burst out. They've even been known to burrow far enough to reach internal organs.
Untitled

I'd just also like to bring up that these things have to be taken out. As in, after you suffocate them, doctors would take some tweezers, and. Uhm. 'Nuff said.
why would anyone ever post a video on youtube of that, though?

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

104. Posted:

Another bug, the Japanese Giant Hornet, can also spit flesh-burning liquids. And they also have good aim. At your eyes. They spit acid at your freaking eyes. Don't worry, a single hornet can't kill you, though-- this acid also calls in a hive of the original hornet's friends. Cool, right?
ahaha no not really

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

Varia01

105. Posted:

@Musterd: Those water bears? Are resistant to time too?!? That's... that's.... AMAZING. I wonder what the logic is to it.... Still being the only living thing that is resistant to time is just incredible! :O

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

106. Posted:

Musterd wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

Musterd wrote:

Untitled

It would be pretty hard though. The way they survive it is by pulling all of their limbs in completely and going into hibernation.
I found this really cool bug at the pool today! It was reddish brown, and kind of fly-like. Its head seemed to end in a stubby proboscis-like end, which appeared to be pulsating. Its wings also weren't completely transparent, but had some black markings on them. Sound familiar to anyone?

Well this conversation took a bizarre turn...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Tricoloryoshi

107. Posted:

So many nightmares to be had, so little time.

I izz anti-not good at teh grammerrzz.
If at first you don't succeed, ragequit.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Love is too mainstream, haters gonna hate~
my bio by @true_hero
Here is a link. Click it!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

AuthorMessage

Birdman

108. Posted:

I'm not sure why I clicked on this thread. Anyway, here's my creepy bug story:

A few years ago in high school band, I was warming up, playing my euphonium as usual, when a larger-than-average house fly flew right into my nose. In the middle of me playing. I didn't feel any real sensation with the bug in there (I've been picking my nose since before I can remember, so that's probably dulled the nerves there quite a bit), so I calmly finished what I playing, reached up in there, and it came out, and flew off. If I had like a Vine or GIF of the incident, you probably wouldn't believe how calm I was about the incident (and looking back on it, neither would I). The people by me and I were freaked out about it, but we also laughed about it; it was just too weird not to. Anyway, later in the period, if my memory is correct, the fly came back, and a clarinetist on the other side of the room managed to kill it. I never did have the heart to tell them it was in my nose earlier in the period...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

109. Posted:

We need to add this to the hall of fame.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

110. Posted:

The next thing you know there will be spider dog hybrids!
Untitled

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

111. Posted:

Monster Bug Wars! And aren't those sound effects just stupidly awesome? ;)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

NoUsernameHere

112. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

The next thing you know there will be spider dog hybrids!
Untitled

BEST.THREAD.COMMENT.EVER.

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
T3H K00L KR@B
Formerly PSI_King and WarioMan.
HYRULE WARRIORZ: FABULOUS SIMULATOR 2014

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing