General Discussion Forum

Topic: 23 States File Petitions to Secede

Showing 41 to 55 of 55

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wonder_Ideal

41. Posted:

@The_Fox What makes them crybabies?
@RetroGBHippie92 I certainly don't want to see America split, and I certainly don't hate Obama. I disagree with his views and how he thinks the country should be run. I don't believe that secession is called for at this point though.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

42. Posted:

@True_Hero: Agree. I dont think a secession will occur, the treat of one could bring a change about the leadership and thats what people like myself want. If it does become serious than I am sure that Obama will be thrown out sooner than states leaving. You have to remember some of these people feel like they are backed into a corner and secession is the only answer out. However if in the end the US stays intact but with the agreement that Obama is not the President well than they succeed in their cause.

@The_Fox: As long as these treads stay civil I dont see why I or anyone else cant create these type of threads.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

43. Posted:

Are you kidding me? You and I know exactly the type of people that filed these petitions: nuts and publicity hounds. I survived 8 years of Dubya without calling for secession despite my burning hate for him. These people can man the f**k up and work on making the country better, not harboring childish fantasies.

@Tasuki: NL takes a preventive stance towards these types of things. You know that, bro.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

44. Posted:

In all honesty I dont think W did such a great job either. My views are very extreme where American politics come in but I dont get into them too much on public forums.

IMO all these politicians need to quite playing their games. Republic and Democratic both seem to not get the job done.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

45. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

In all honesty I dont think W did such a great job either. My views are very extreme where American politics come in but I dont get into them too much on public forums.

IMO all these politicians need to quite playing their games. Republic and Democratic both seem to not get the job done.

Then perhaps you should get your voice heard in politics, even locally. Deep down you know that there's no practical way the majority of people would embrace secession just because of Obama. You know how people talk about how politics are dividing the country? This is the type of thing you could frame and hang on a wall as a prime example of that.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

46. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

I'm sorry, but I don't see how Obama can be seen as a "good president".
For starters, he has increased the national deficit and spending considerably (and it's not all George Bush's fault, take a look.
Obama lied about the nature of the US Embassy attack in http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/did-obama...
He also threw our ally Israel under the bus.
I don't mean to be rude or abrasive, but these are just my thoughts.

1) I can quote sources too. However, looking at yours, I know you will just deny this it will not go anywhere. I do want to make the point regardless. http://www.davemanuel.com/history-of-deficits-and-surpluses-i...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddo...

2) There was a lot of confusion on the Benghazi attack. This look more like a case of bureaucracy than anything. Certainly this could have been prevented as the US is taking measures so something like this doesn't happen again. Obama personally lying about it? Hmm, I don't think so....

3) Ok this one was by far the worst. Israel has just been attacking all tough saying that war should be one of first options. We got very crippling sanctions. It's called being measured and using all options. Israel is just unhappy we aren't using the same "we are ready for war" language. Israel is still our ally. Not to mention the only reason we are allies with Israel is they are a link to the Middle East. Judging by your signature though I can see at least a possibility why you think what you are thinking...

The_Fox wrote:

Are you kidding me? You and I know exactly the type of people that filed these petitions: nuts and publicity hounds. I survived 8 years of Dubya without calling for secession despite my burning hate for him. These people can man the f**k up and work on making the country better, not harboring childish fantasies.

@Tasuki: NL takes a preventive stance towards these types of things. You know that, bro.

The_Fox wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

In all honesty I dont think W did such a great job either. My views are very extreme where American politics come in but I dont get into them too much on public forums.

IMO all these politicians need to quite playing their games. Republic and Democratic both seem to not get the job done.

Then perhaps you should get your voice heard in politics, even locally. Deep down you know that there's no practical way the majority of people would embrace secession just because of Obama. You know how people talk about how politics are dividing the country? This is the type of thing you could frame and hang on a wall as a prime example of that.

I rarely find myself agreeing with The_Fox on video game matters but I am whole heartedly with him here. Secession? Do know how unrealistic and crazy that sounds? These people are living in a bubble and are just mad that the election popped it. This is crazy talk plain and simple. One president you don't agree with is not grounds for secession. Really, there aren't almost any scenarios that are grounds for secession. Are they thinking about the impact this would have on world politics and the economy? Our Allies would be wondering WTF, our enemies would rejoice. As someone who looks at international politics I am actually thinking the consequences of this and it would never happen in a million years unless somehow the US collapses, which is not going to happen. These people are in fantasy land. This is the type of stuff Republicans need to finally stamp down on. Not this particular stupid case, it's not really even news, this type of talk.

Edited on by scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

47. Posted:

[quote=Tasuki]

The_Fox wrote:

Deep down you know that there's no practical way the majority of people would embrace secession just because of Obama.

I honestly dont know. I will admit I am one of the millions that I am not pleased of the direction this country is going, and really all you need is one person. Look at how people like Lenin and Hitler came to power. It starts with a few people who feel that the current government has failed them. They are starving and jobless and things dont seem to get better day after day. While I am not saying that this will happen to the US it does make me wonder and quite frankly scared of what will become of the US in the 20 years for example if things don't change. Thats what in my beliefs these people are. They are people that want to see a positive change and quite frankly no one has delivered that in years.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

48. Posted:

[quote=The_Fox]

Tasuki wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Deep down you know that there's no practical way the majority of people would embrace secession just because of Obama.

I honestly dont know. I will admit I am one of the millions that I am not pleased of the direction this country is going, and really all you need is one person. Look at how people like Lenin and Hitler came to power. It starts with a few people who feel that the current government has failed them. They are starving and jobless and things dont seem to get better day after day. While I am not saying that this will happen to the US it does make me wonder and quite frankly scared of what will become of the US in the 20 years for example if things don't change. Thats what in my beliefs these people are. They are people that want to see a positive change and quite frankly no one has delivered that in years.

America has been through worse, much worse. This is bad but if we can get through the Civil War, The Great Depression, and World War II I am pretty sure we will be fine. People are always saying things are going to hell. Some things are (mainstream music) but most things are not. This is simply just another tough time that will eventually come to pass. You really need to read up on history if you think this is like Hitler and Lenin. 20 years? I am sorry but give me a break. This is nowhere near Armageddon. We are simply going through an important phase in our country, like we always do.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

49. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

I survived 8 years of Dubya without calling for secession despite my burning hate for him.

The problem is, many people don't oppose Obama because they hate him. They oppose him because he has left a pitiful track record and has done nothing to help rebuild America. They believe that another 4 years of Obama could very well drastically alter America, and not necessarily for the better. Again, I don't agree with secession, but I do believe that Americans have the right to voice their displeasure with the way government is run.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

50. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

I survived 8 years of Dubya without calling for secession despite my burning hate for him.

The problem is, many people don't oppose Obama because they hate him. They oppose him because he has left a pitiful track record and has done nothing to help rebuild America. They believe that another 4 years of Obama could very well drastically alter America, and not necessarily for the better. Again, I don't agree with secession, but I do believe that Americans have the right to voice their displeasure with the way government is run.

The thing is that I and a large number of people felt the same way about Bush. This type of nonsense is as silly now as it would have been then.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

51. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

I survived 8 years of Dubya without calling for secession despite my burning hate for him.

The problem is, many people don't oppose Obama because they hate him. They oppose him because he has left a pitiful track record and has done nothing to help rebuild America. They believe that another 4 years of Obama could very well drastically alter America, and not necessarily for the better. Again, I don't agree with secession, but I do believe that Americans have the right to voice their displeasure with the way government is run.

You took a joke site seriously. Politics is not your forte bro.

This thread is stupid. Some of you guys have wild and unrealistic political views. I am glad NL doesn't allow this type of discussion because some are obviously just too butthurt, especially after the election.

Tasuki, just delete this thread. It's against the rules dude.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

52. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

I survived 8 years of Dubya without calling for secession despite my burning hate for him.

The problem is, many people don't oppose Obama because they hate him. They oppose him because he has left a pitiful track record and has done nothing to help rebuild America. They believe that another 4 years of Obama could very well drastically alter America, and not necessarily for the better. Again, I don't agree with secession, but I do believe that Americans have the right to voice their displeasure with the way government is run.

Meh, I will just give you a few things off the top of my head. Health care reform, Killing Osama Bin Laden, getting out of Iraq and actually getting terrorists, US gaining respect and prestige in the world community after some bumps before, Auto industry rescue (which I DISAGREED with at the time), Stimulus that while wasn't a fun pill to swallow helped in the end, economy slowly improving, ending Don't Ask Don't Tell, and the Lilly Ledbetter Act. All off the top of my head. This is in no way saying Obama is perfect and hasn't made mistakes, but don't say he didn't do ANYTHING that has helped the country. Even Bush did that AIDs thing. I understand Obama hasn't always been the most graceful president, but who has? I really do think there are some things Obama should do better this time around but I am just tired of the lack of credit some people pin on this guy. Just to let you know I know I broke my promise of not saying much, but this is just too good to resist.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

53. Posted:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Tasuki, just delete this thread. It's against the rules dude.

So where is it stated that this is against the rules?

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

y2josh

54. Posted:

Untitled

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

55. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

Also, Tasuki: Haven't you been here long enough that you know Nintendo Life doesn't want you starting these types of threads?

it's like i'm thinking things, and The_Fox is saying them.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

Sorry, this topic has been locked.