Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 879

Percentful

Well, I finally got HG. I was planning on getting SS, but they didn't have it, and I can always just trade for the exclusives. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to play it until Friday.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Sneaker13

Can someone explain how breeding works? I've finished the Azalea Gym and now I discover the day care. I leave behind a Totodile and a Ditto. But after a while it only says they gained levels. I don't want that because that means it won't grow in level and miss out on moves. I don't want them to train it, I just want an egg.

What am I doing wrong?

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Sneaker13

The old man isn't saying that. It says: "Your TOTODILE and DITTO are doing just fine. The two don't seem to like each other much." So no mention of an egg.

The Totodile is a female and Ditto is of course genderless. What could be the problem.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

JayArr

Sneaker13 wrote:

The old man isn't saying that. It says: "Your TOTODILE and DITTO are doing just fine. The two don't seem to like each other much." So no mention of an egg.

The Totodile is a female and Ditto is of course genderless. What could be the problem.

There is no problem. If you try to breed two Pokemon from the same trainer (you, in this case) they will "not get along" and breeding just takes longer. For quickest breeding you need one of them to be from a trade. Then they will "Get along just fine"

So just be patient and you'll have some Totodile eggs in no time.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Aviator

UNC5052 wrote:

Is there a daycare in Kanto region also? I can't remember back to gold/silver/crystal when I had them but I remember leafgreen had a daycare but I think they only kept one pokemon. (I'm not at kanto yet but I just caught Ho-oh today so I will go face the pokemon league soon.)

No. Like in Kanto the features like Safari Zone, Day Care Center, are only available in the Johto region. Also, I don't see why you need another, you would get so many eggs, unless you don't want eggs and want to not do the fun stuff like train pokemon.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Sneaker13

JayArr wrote:

Sneaker13 wrote:

There is no problem. If you try to breed two Pokemon from the same trainer (you, in this case) they will "not get along" and breeding just takes longer. For quickest breeding you need one of them to be from a trade. Then they will "Get along just fine"

So just be patient and you'll have some Totodile eggs in no time.

I was too impatient indeed. I have an egg now . Thanks.

Friendcodes:

Wiiperson11

Can anyone trade me a Pikachu Colored Pichu?

Check out my videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cabaco14
I have great videos!

RandomWiiPlayer

zezhyrule wrote:

I beat blue!

He's a piece of cake, just wait until you battle Red.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

RandomWiiPlayer

zezhyrule wrote:

@Randoms: Well, you know, I'm just saying my progress in the game. I'm not battling Red until all my pokemanz are EV trained anyway... >:3

I hate to be a "n00b", but what the heck is this "EV" training? I've owned and beaten Blue, Yellow, Ruby, Emerald, Crystal, Diamond, and HeartGold, but I've never heard of it.

The Game.

Percentful

I'll allow serebii to explain for you.
It may seem complicated, but after trying it, it becomes much easier.
To be very basic, if you battle a lot of fast pokemon, then your speed stat will be higher than if you fought a bunch of defensive pokemon. If you battle competitively [I do] then you definitely want to know what EV training is. Knowing about IVs is useful also.

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

RandomWiiPlayer

Okay, I think I get it. I should try that, my Tyranitar is very pretty slow.

The Game.

turtlelink

Im pretty sure ev's are using pokemon drugs to help their stats go up when they level up. Or is that Ivs?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

RandomWiiPlayer

turtlelink wrote:

Im pretty sure ev's are using pokemon drugs to help their stats go up when they level up. Or is that Ivs?

That is using the stuff like Carbos, Iron, and HP Up.

The Game.

Blue_Cat

Carbos, Iron and HP up give pokemon 100 EVs, I believe.

I haven't personally done any EV training yet, but I plan to create my first competitive team after I beat the game

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

Bobpie

I read that attacking certain Pokemon give you different EVs, and so do vitamins.

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.