Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 880

Blue_Cat

Aviator wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Oh my lawd

I threw Ultra ball after Ultra ball at Lugia for a good hour and nothin

So I looked and saw I had 11 Great balls and that bothered me, so to make it an even ten I decided to throw one of those.

What happens? The great ball works. Have no idea how that happens.

He simply likes his balls blue.

lol, yes that
(and also the fact that every pokeball has a chance of working, it's just a higher chance with the Ultra balls. You were having no luck with the Ultra balls, but you got really lucky with the Great ball).

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

RandomWiiPlayer

I love the GTS right now. I put up my level 32 Venesaur because I never used it and I needed a Weavile. I got a level 62 Weavile! Great trade! For me, anyway. I made it a part of my "no legend or starter" team. I have it finished, I just need to train them a little bit.

Level 66, Tyranitar
Earthquake
Dark Pulse
Stone Edge
Fire Blast
Level 56, Dragonite
Fly
Flamethrower
Hyper Beam
Blizzard
Level 55, Gengar
Mean Look
Shadow Ball
Thunder
Dark Pulse
Level 56, Snorlax
Hyper Beam
Rock Climb
Surf
Whirlpool
Level 62, Weavile
Low Kick
Night Slash
Ice Shard
Ice Punch
Level 36, Ampharos
Charge
Discharge
Thunder Wave
Tackle

Obviously I need a bit more training and a better moveset for some.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Aviator

I wouldn't have Dark Pulse on Gengar. When facing a Dark pokemon all you have to attack them strongly is Thunder, and if your versing another Ghost you would use the stronger Shadow Ball. Give it another move like Hypnosis, and maybe dream eater to replace Mean Look.

EDIT: Also, Snorlax has high attack, so don't make it your HM pokemon, at least with Special Attack HMs.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

RandomWiiPlayer

Aviator wrote:

I wouldn't have Dark Pulse on Gengar. When facing a Dark pokemon all you have to attack them strongly is Thunder, and if your versing another Ghost you would use the stronger Shadow Ball. Give it another move like Hypnosis, and maybe dream eater to replace Mean Look.

EDIT: Also, Snorlax has high attack, so don't make it your HM pokemon, at least with Special Attack HMs.

I need Mean Look for now, until I catch the legendary Pokemon that run when you see them. I use it so they can't run. Once I get the three that I need, I'll replace it. I know Snorlax is pretty good, but the attacks actually work well with him. I'll get rid of Whirlpool

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

LzWinky

Strength and Rock Climb are good HMs with Snorlax since he's normal type

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Aviator

But surf could be replaced with something so much stronger.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Bobpie

IMO, the only decent HM to use as a battle move is Surf. Maybe Strength, if you're getting STAB for it, but otherwise, just surf.

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

turtlelink

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I love the GTS right now. I put up my level 32 Venesaur because I never used it and I needed a Weavile. I got a level 62 Weavile! Great trade! For me, anyway. I made it a part of my "no legend or starter" team. I have it finished, I just need to train them a little bit.

Level 66, Tyranitar
Earthquake
Dark Pulse
Stone Edge
Fire Blast
Level 56, Dragonite
Fly
Flamethrower
Hyper Beam
Blizzard
Level 55, Gengar
Mean Look
Shadow Ball
Thunder
Dark Pulse
Level 56, Snorlax
Hyper Beam
Rock Climb
Surf
Whirlpool
Level 62, Weavile
Low Kick
Night Slash
Ice Shard
Ice Punch
Level 36, Ampharos
Charge
Discharge
Thunder Wave
Tackle

Obviously I need a bit more training and a better moveset for some.

My Weavile can beat yours >:3 ) Level 73 and has Dark pulse, blizzard, surf, and slash (need to replace that)

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Sneaker13

I have a question about the PokeWalker. I've read that if a Pokemon in the Walker get's enough XP, it could go to next level, but won't learn moves or evolve. Does this mean that the move will be lost forever or does it learn it when it's reconnected to the game?

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Bobpie

Well only If you use the move rememberer person....

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

Toon_Link

@Sneaker13
It might learn it when you connect back to the game, but I'm pretty sure that if you take the Pokemon to the Move Relearner in Blackthorn City, he could teach it to it.

Toon_Link

Blue_Cat

@lockd
Good luck with that. I just finished a half-hearted quest for a regular Lickitung. I succeeded after about half an hour.

If it takes you 1/2 an hour to find a Lickitung, and you need to find 8,192 to get a shiny one, it should take you about 2.7 straight days of playing to find a shiny one. Not to discourage you or anything Hope your luck runs better then that!

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

Sneaker13

Toon+Link wrote:

@Sneaker13
It might learn it when you connect back to the game, but I'm pretty sure that if you take the Pokemon to the Move Relearner in Blackthorn City, he could teach it to it.

That sounds cool, I didn't knew that was possible. How about evolution? I would hate it if a Pokémon I'm training missed it's spot of evolution.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

RandomWiiPlayer

I just got my hands on a Wailmer, and I've been thinking, should I replace Snorlax with a Wailord?

The Game.

RandomWiiPlayer

@TurtleLink: For now, that is. I didn't train it at all, I got it in a trade that way. Once I train it myself, it will be a killer.

The Game.

UNC5052

Is there a daycare in Kanto region also? I can't remember back to gold/silver/crystal when I had them but I remember leafgreen had a daycare but I think they only kept one pokemon. (I'm not at kanto yet but I just caught Ho-oh today so I will go face the pokemon league soon.)

PSN- UNC5052

Sneaker13

If I understood correctly, a Pokémon in the Pokéwalker can only level up one level, no matter how many steps you take. Can someone confirm this. Because it would be a joy to level up my Magikarp this way.

Friendcodes:

JayArr

@Sneaker - Yes they only level up one level per "stroll" So you can walk for an hour, gain a level, the put your MagiKarp back in the Ds and take him right back to gain another level. It would be a lot of switching back and forth but it;s possible.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Sneaker13

Cool, would be a lot quicker and less boring then constantly switching between him and another Pokémon. He is lvl 10 now, and can only splash till level 15 when he learns Tackle. After that it's another five levels till he finally evolves.

Friendcodes:

Blue_Cat

lockd wrote:

Blue_Cat wrote:

@lockd
Good luck with that. I just finished a half-hearted quest for a regular Lickitung. I succeeded after about half an hour.

If it takes you 1/2 an hour to find a Lickitung, and you need to find 8,192 to get a shiny one, it should take you about 2.7 straight days of playing to find a shiny one. Not to discourage you or anything Hope your luck runs better then that!

Right now, I'm using a hardcore method of finding a shiny where you breed a Pokeman form another country with a local pokeman. The chance of finding one increases by 75%! Right now I have 30+ Lickitung's and still growing .

In that case Divides 2.7 by 4 your shiny hunting should only take little more then half the day, says my perfect shiny equation

Sneaker13 wrote:

Cool, would be a lot quicker and less boring then constantly switching between him and another Pokémon. He is lvl 10 now, and can only splash till level 15 when he learns Tackle. After that it's another five levels till he finally evolves.

Yeah, the pokewalker is a pretty useful tool for leveling up pokemon. I'm using it to level up pokemon that I don't feel like training in-game to levels were they can evolve to help fill my pokedex

Edited on by Blue_Cat

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.