Forums

Topic: shantae 10-4-2010

Posts 61 to 80 of 87

Shiroyu

Oh my.

There are no words. You simply must get this game.

Also, the MFC rewards are:
Owning it: 100 gems
Beating it: 200 gems

Don't know if there's one for S-ranking every stage, because I'm not that awesome.

Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under the Crimson Air

SuperMarioFan96

What? Just a bunch of gems? Are those important? I never played the original.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

Shiroyu

Currency, basically. The rewards are kinda useful at the very start for getting the spells, but gems aren't hard to get or anything.

I'm gonna guess that the S-rank reward is something different, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out to be 300 gems, or a few Magic Jams (Another form of currency) or something.

Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under the Crimson Air

sfog

cheapogamer4life wrote:

129 makes it the largest DSiware release to date. I didn't think any game could take up more then 128
blocks though.

It's probably 128 for the game, plus one for the save file.

sfog

suburban_sensei

Played through the game a bit, and wow...it is really polished. I love the music, the gameplay, the art...it's probably the best DSiWare game I have downloaded, hands down.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

MysteriousVoice

Could someone PLEASE help me?
I cant find where the puppy is in the forest. Am I even going the right way? I only just started the game, I have 1 magic jam, and 1 fireball.

A Mysterious Voice suddenly speaks out to you....
......Whos there?

KanrakusPizza

I really want this game, but 1200 points? WHAT THE H-

wont be on here anymore

MysteriousVoice

Its worth it. Paying 12 dollars for an actually GOOD Dsiware platformer? Worth it.
Shantae is also still hot.

A Mysterious Voice suddenly speaks out to you....
......Whos there?

sonic_brawler95

I agree, the wait was worth it. The game is so darn beautiful, it sounds great, and it plays like a dream. WayFoward definally put an extra 5 layers of polish into this wonderful game, and thats why I love them.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

SuperMarioFan96

Really liking this so far. I don't know if it lives up to the extreme hype this game has recieved and I certainly wouldn't give it a 10, but it's still a great game, and probably DSiWare's best.

And I'm still pretty early on in it. For all I know it could get quite better. And I have a feeling it will.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

sonic_brawler95

Yeah, it isn't exactly a 10 yet, but I have a feeling it'll somehow find a way up there.

Edited on by sonic_brawler95

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

suburban_sensei

KanrakusPizza wrote:

I really want this game, but 1200 points? WHAT THE H-

Yeah the price seems bad at first, but seriously you will be missing out if you don't download it. With the polish the game has, it totally justifies the extra few bucks. I mean it was big of WayForward to do one, slightly more expensive game, than a few episodic games that would have you paying double-triple.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

zezhyrule

I picked it up, but haven't played much yet. The jumping between backgrounds thing is kinda weird to me, but I might get used to it.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Bassman_Q

Argh I want this game so badly but I'm broke!
Glad u guys are liking it though.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

cheapogamer4life

Shiroyu wrote:

but I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out to be 300 gems.

Yea from what I've unlocked so far your correct. I'm still holding out for some great unlockable once the game is complete.

@ zezhroom: theirs a short gameplay up on you tube to right now. Its not that good though and is probably not worth. checkin out.

Edit: whoops, I see you dl'ed alredy, nm.

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

RoyalBlur

zezhroom wrote:

I picked it up, but haven't played much yet. The jumping between backgrounds thing is kinda weird to me, but I might get used to it.

I'm really enjoying the jumping into the background, that's like so SPECTACULARLY innovative Matt Bozon!

Shantae: Risky's Revenge is by far the BEST of the best on the Nintendo DSi shop. I'm still fascinated with the whole "World Wide Web" thing with Rottytops and her internet spider.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

pixelbuffer

I think it's been mentioned multiple times but having multiple layers in a platforming game has been done before. There a couple of grammar errors in the dialogue which I would normally call translation errors, but there was no translation lol. :/

Still this is a great game. Really enjoying playing a good 16-bit-esque platformer.

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.