Forums

Topic: Real Soccer 2010 impressions...

Posts 1 to 20 of 25

Eel

why am i doing this?
Well, the game's out, the 2009 one got good reviews, how different is this one?

...its not like im interested on it or anything, but im curious.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

cheapogamer4life

this doesnt have wifi play does it?
wonder if they will drop the price of real soccer 2009 any time soon........

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Bankai

abgar wrote:

Well, the game's out, the 2009 one got good reviews, how different is this one?

It shouldn't have. It was a freaking terrible knock-off of EA FIFA games.

I'm sick and tired of everyone giving Gameloft credit for doing stuff on DSiWare. Go buy a retail copy of FIFA if you want to play soccer. Use DSiWare for the unique games the service offers (Art Style). There's no reason whatsoever to download 99% of Gameloft releases.

Eel

im asking what people who bought this game thinks about it, not why the concept and company behind it sucks.

Bloop.

Bankai

abgar wrote:

im asking what people who bought this game thinks about it, not why the concept and company behind it sucks.

... Ok, if a company produces 15 really bad games, do you think the 16th is going to be very good?

Ergo, Real Soccer 2010 is either a miracle (and I doubt that) or really bad.

cheapogamer4life

WaltzElf wrote:

abgar wrote:

... Ok, if a company produces 15 really bad games, do you think the 16th is going to be very good?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<, keeps his finger crossed for the former

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Bankai

cheapogamer4life wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

abgar wrote:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<, keeps his finger crossed for the former

Hey, for 800 points I'd love for a decent FIFA clone too. But the sad fact is Gameloft is getting even worse.

That puppy game lasted literally 20 minutes, the RPG, Legends of Exidia, was beyond woeful, and Miami Nights was a cheap knock off of ONE OF THEIR OWN GAMES (Pop superstar, which in turn is itself a cheap knock-off).

Gameloft's recent games make its earlier DSiWare releases look like near-perfect classics of the genre. I'm not holding my breath over this one

KnucklesSonic8

WaltzElf wrote:

That depends. You may think all their (DSiWare) games are "really bad" but I don't agree and I know other's don't either for one reason or another.

KnucklesSonic8

Bankai

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

That depends. You may think all their (DSiWare) games are "really bad" but I don't agree and I know other's don't either for one reason or another.

So why are Gameloft games worth downloading? Bearing in mind that there is a cartridge slot on the top of the DS that can be used for retail games.

Edited on by Bankai

KnucklesSonic8

Had a feeling you'd continue debating this fact. I'm not going to let this continue for two reasons: A. There's no need for it, and B. You're diverting attention from the real purpose of this thread.

Anywho, I have a feeling RS2010 will be more of the same pretty much (with a few minor changes here and there); plus, without online play, I don't think it'll do great but I could be wrong.

edit:
Would you lookie here. I wasn't wrong.

"The problem with this 2010 update is the same problem with almost all yearly updates to sports games, though -- nothing much has changed. There are a few new teams to select and a couple of new stadiums to play in, but the game design itself feels the same as it was last year. That design is still a good one, with a balanced control scheme and accessible tactical options you can adjust on the fly (like how aggressively your players will go for goals), so soccer fans should still give this one a look. But if you already grabbed Real Soccer 2009 before this, there's not much reason to double-dip here. "

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

Eel

thanks knucklessonic8.
i will report every comment about how gamelofts sucks posted after this comment, so if noone with the game wants to share their impressions or reviews of it i guess its better to leave this thread die.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Bankai

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Had a feeling you'd continue debating this fact. I'm not going to let this continue for two reasons: A. There's no need for it, and B. You're diverting attention from the real purpose of this thread.

I'm just interested - I know there are some people that like Gameloft stuff, but I've yet to see why - objectively (which is how I try to approach every game I critique, it's not like I wouldn't have a beer with the guys that work at Gameloft - it's not a personal vendetta I have going on here) there is no reason to buy a Gameloft game that I can see. I'm looking for objective reasons why to buy Gameloft games.

My actual reviews of Gameloft games always amount to the same thing - Go buy the retail game if you're into this kind of game. Might cost $10 more, but the difference in quality is staggering.

Anywho, I have a feeling RS2010 will be more of the same pretty much (with a few minor changes here and there); plus, without online play, I don't think it'll do great but I could be wrong.

Yes, that's what I'd expect too.

I haven't touched RS2009 since I moved it to the SD card (and it was the first game I moved to the SD card, soon after buying the DSi.

Edited on by Bankai

KnucklesSonic8

@abgar: You're welcome. That's from IGN, by the way.

Also, I can bet you a lot of people are waiting for a review on this one, that's probably why there are no impressions. So don't feel too disappointed cause I don't blame a lot of people given (A) the release of RS 2009 and (B) response towards Gameloft's latest releases.

@Waltz: Seriously, quit going on about it. Leave it for another topic...

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

Sean_Aaron

Yeah, I'd love to see some "self moderation" here. Going into a thread asking about impressions of a game from people who have bought it is not a forum to slag off the publisher/developer unless you've actually played the game in question!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Vander

I'll be the voice of reason here, as I actually downloaded the game that's supposed to be talked about!

I've only played 2 matches so far, but it's not a bad game. The visuals are not the best, but remember this is DSiWare! Haven't tried the camera function on yet, so can't comment on that. The gameplay is good, just like FIFA. still learning all the trick moves, which are a great edition to a soccer game. I'm sure if you own Real Soccer 2009 this isn't a needed purchase, but the same thing is if you own FIFA 2009 you don't need FIFA 2010, but people talk down on RS2010 for being too much the same, but they don't talk about that with FIFA? I smell bias towards the official licensed game vs. another good but ignored game. Plus the hatred of gameloft as I see on some of you. Overall this is a good game and if you haven't downloaded Real Soccer 2009 and want a good affordable soccer game ($8 is better to spend than $50) then get this!

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

KnucklesSonic8

Thanks Vander for taking the time out to type up some proper impressions.

KnucklesSonic8

jdarrell

For the record, I would consider opinions for RF2009 to also be somewhat valid (because the main changes sound to be team roster updates), and WaltzElf has played RF2009.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

Vander

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Thanks Vander for taking the time out to type up some proper impressions.

No problem. A lot of people don't give "proper" opinions, just flaming.

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

superdooper153

i was about to buy real soccer 2010, because i already have real soccer 2009 and i like it, but i was hoping for a lot of changes like actual people talking and online, but after this review then i will forget about it

superdooper153

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.