Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,961 to 8,980 of 9,620

Justlink

@Traulight
if its a character u made over the blue premade sprite you'll do this

@Sprite
Load "SPU1:SHEETNAME",FALSE
SPSET 0,64,0,0,0,0 'places and defines the sprite, second number determines which sprite
SPOFS 0,50,50 'sets character futher into middle screen
SPSCALE 0,1-200 'This changes sprite size, option 1 -200

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Traulight

@justlink when I type that code only part of the sprite I made shows up on the screen. The sprite I'm trying to load is 4x4 size.

Traulight

TexMurphy

Note: Some picture formats like JPEG (.jpg) will alter the image of the qr codes. Try using .png file format. @Traulight For sprites there is two more parameters you can add for width and height. I think you use SPSET 0,65,8,0,0,0,32,32. Note the last two numbers.

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

Discostew

randomous wrote:

@Discostew Sorry for getting back to you so late. Yes, I set the SPPAGE to 0 before loading the sprite and color files. I have a simple program which displays a sprite and that's all. I've packaged a custom sprite sheet and attempted to package the color into it, but the color refuses to stay. This is what I do:
*Load the program
*Set SPPAGE to 0
*Load the sprite sheet to SPU0
*Load the color sheet to COL1U
*Save as a package with string "FFFFFFFFF"
*Run program to test. Colors and sprites applied just fine
*Restart petit computer and try to load it again. This time, the colors aren't right, but the sprite is still fine.

I'm really starting to think it's a bug. It initially didn't work for me, but then it did later. Haven't been able to replicate the problem on my end since.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

CrashPTC is a prime example of PTC's many problems. Almost every person to run it with a DSi seems to have had data loss. That plus the initial crash.

Anyway, PTC has many bugs, and I'm sure it has many more we have not yet seen.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Gimmemorecoinz

Hi Persson, also for Tobu if he still checks this. I'm on chat now. sorry I was away because my internet was being dumb. I guess it's working now? cool. Ok. well go in chat if anyone wants to speak to me. You know the wikia. k cool.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

T-bender

IAmAPersson wrote:

CrashPTC is a prime example of PTC's many problems. Almost every person to run it with a DSi seems to have had data loss. That plus the initial crash.

Anyway, PTC has many bugs, and I'm sure it has many more we have not yet seen.

I play it on a DSi and I never had any bug...
Maybe because I have the EU version...

Progress:
Alarm Clock (PTC) 75% done
Shooter w/o a name yet (PTC) 0,01% done Xd

InsertPi

Once I was importing a program from PTCUtilities onto my 3DS, and you know that blue character at the end of a line? It managed to get in the middle of the line. I couldn't get to the end of the line because each time I went over that character, it acted like the end of the line.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Mariominer

On my redstone program, for those of you who will care, I have implemented rails, 2 layers, TNT, and wool, since I've been gone. Here's how I did this, for those of you who want to know how to do this, or maybe even @IAmAPersson could us it in MCDS (I know somewhere you said you weren't planning to implement redstone, but please 030). Anyway:
RAILS: Automatically work like powered rails when a lever is turned on, even when the charge doesn't come to the rail. It checks around the rail when drawing it to ensure that it can draw the redstone lamp if it needs to. Checks with an array like this

IF RED(J-1, I)==3 THEN RED(J,I)==3: RED(J-1,I)=4

Yes I know that this will put a rail where the lamp used to be, but it replaces the end rail with a redstone lamp, so it's all good. Plus it's not like there's survival…
2 LAYERS: I use 2 backup arrays: MAP1 and MAP2. They each have their own special thing at 5,5 to determine which layer you're on, and you can't place anything there and TNT can't blow that thing up. Unfortunately, one of them is TNT, so it can continually blow up. Powering wool switches layers, so placing wire right above a lever that's powering wool works. Soon I'll make it power the wool so that it makes more sense for layering. I'll also make it so that on layer 2, you can see layer 1.
TNT: This basically checks for a charge (Only levers and rails don't) and if it detects one, it will clear the MAP1 and MAP2 array unless it's 5,5. It doesn't clear the whole thing, but if J is the TNT X and I is the TNT Y then it does this:

FOR EXPX=J-2 TO J+2FOR EXPY=I-2 to I+2IF (LAYER==0 AND EXPX!=5) OR (LAYER==0 AND EXPY!=0) THEN MAP1(EXPX,EXPY)==0IF (LAYER==1 AND EXPX!=5) OR (LAYER==1 AND EXPY!=0) THEN MAP2(EXPX,EXPY)==0NEXTNEXT

So, there you have it! Questions? Comments? Ask me!
Edit: Can someone tell me how to do another line with the code?

Edited on by Mariominer

Like a boss? Please, I AM a boss. You're welcome

3DS Friend Code: 1543-5315-3818 | Nintendo Network ID: Storybookten9

T-bender

@Mariominer are you from the Netherlands - kom je uit Nederland?

@IAmAPersson how do I save my world and enter the nether in MCDS?

For those who wanna know: I posponed working on the COD BO DS spin-off for a little while, because I have no engines yet... I will restart creating it when I have more experience with PTC.
However, your content is still welcome...

Progress:

InsertPi

@T-Bender To save, press "Start" to bring up the pause menu, then click "Save and Exit". It will then save.

To enter the nether, make the following pattern (O is obsidian and A is air):

OAO
OAO

T-bender

@IAmAPersson thanks for your quick reaction ^_^

Progress:

bigdog00

I like mcds. It is well made and I suggest you don't stop updating it as I think many people like it. (Just what I think)

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

TobuKatsu

How could I make a map with collision that could scroll? Its been in my head for a year and I cant figure it out.

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

InsertPi

I only have 2 more official planned updates for Minecraft DS (not including Prereleases). The 2 are:

Beta 2.0.0
Final Release

After these two, I plan on "retiring" from PTC and focus on mastering C#. Don't flip out; I'll still be around and maybe make a small program here and there (as in one that takes less than a month to finish (Minecraft DS has been going on for 8 months. I started in July)), but no more big programs. I'm exhausted from Minecraft DS.

Mariominer

@T-bender, No, I'm not from the Netherlands. What would make you think that? Or are you just wondering? Even if I was, why would I tell you?

I learned how to use CHRSET. And thanks to a glance at Randomouse's wiki article, automatic water animation, now I know how to animate background tiles. Posted it on the tutorial, if anyone's interested.

Edited on by Mariominer

Like a boss? Please, I AM a boss. You're welcome

3DS Friend Code: 1543-5315-3818 | Nintendo Network ID: Storybookten9

TexMurphy

TobuKatsu wrote:

How could I make a map with collision that could scroll? Its been in my head for a year and I cant figure it out.

@TobuKatsu I have placed an example and the tools to create collision at the following location. I use an array based on a color grp file. The program searched for that color (2 / red) using GSPOIT and stops the x and y offsets from changing.
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petite_computer_qr...

Edited on by TexMurphy

TexMurphy

TobuKatsu

@TexMurphy Thanks!, By the looks of it, is it just displaying the SCR layers and reading the grp's cols as collision?

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

Espurr

Hey, @Morpheel? I was wondering if I could help make a winter pack.

EDIT: Hey, the textures in CHRED are in a 1x4 format.

Edited on by Espurr

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of."-Blaise Pascal
Pokemon X Friend Code:3883-5184-5725
Safari: Grass
Pokemon: Pansage, Sawsbuck (Spring), Gogoat.

Espurr

Almost done. How do I make a QR code for a CHR?

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of."-Blaise Pascal
Pokemon X Friend Code:3883-5184-5725
Safari: Grass
Pokemon: Pansage, Sawsbuck (Spring), Gogoat.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic