Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,101 to 8,120 of 9,620

InsertPi

@ramdomous that's the raycaster. He asked for the raytracer. A raycaster makes walls, but a raytracer makes floors/ceilings.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

randomous

@IAmAPersson Ah, sorry about that. Tracer and caster only differ by one letter, you know. Lol

randomous

Espurr

@IAmAPersson Thank you for the warm welcome.

Also, it is not a hard mistake to confuse Tracer and Caster. I seriously did not know that raytracers exist.

One more thing, remember that @minecraft guy? He said that he created Minecraft on PTC, and we laughed. But we ended up creating one ourselves. We have proven to the liar that the lies he spoke were possible. We truly are the master programmers, and I cannot wait for PTC 3DS to come out to see the rainbow of epicness that comes forth.

In other news, I have some news about the game. There will be, at completion, 90 randomly generated floors in the dungeon. 25 are required to be gone through to beat the game. 60 are bonus content, for getting lore, new characters and to be played for fun. The Amulet of Yendor is the treasure of the first 25, and every 5th floor of the bonuses has the Zodiac Shards. There will be, in total, 9 classes. They are:

-The Mage (Base Class)-The Spellsword (Mage-Warrior)-The Caos (Half-giant warriors.)
-The Warrior (Base Class)-The Nightblade (Rouge-Mage)-The Daos (Peaceful spirits of yin and yang.)
-The Rouge (Base Class)-The Assassin (Warrior-Rouge)-The Synod (Senator's corpses taken over by sentient vines.)

Edited on by Espurr

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of."-Blaise Pascal
Pokemon X Friend Code:3883-5184-5725
Safari: Grass
Pokemon: Pansage, Sawsbuck (Spring), Gogoat.

twinArmageddons

i worked on aottg a bit today and i added some more options
now you can choose the bg quality to reduce lag if it's too laggy;there are 3 options atm
one is just solid colours and GFILLs for the bg and doesn't lag much
one is the normal bg that occasionally lags a bit
one is the extremely detailed bg that lags a lot
release date is still tba, but i may release another demo

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

UltraWolf2X

Good news everyone! Miiverse and YouTube are coming to the 3DS!!!!!!

Herpa-Derp Derp!!!
My 3DS Friend Code: 3609-1380-2642

Discostew

UltraWolf2X wrote:

Nice, but off-topic.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

mystman12

You know what would be awesome though? A Petit Computer Community! Even though it's DSi Ware I really hope they make one!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

ramstrong

mystman12 wrote:

You know what would be awesome though? A Petit Computer Community! Even though it's DSi Ware I really hope they make one!

Yes, @bluerobin2 is working on that.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Espurr

UltraWolf2X wrote:

Yes, my life is almost complete!

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of."-Blaise Pascal
Pokemon X Friend Code:3883-5184-5725
Safari: Grass
Pokemon: Pansage, Sawsbuck (Spring), Gogoat.

SmokedSausage

Miiverse and Youtube?
Faith in humanity restored
Anyway I am taking a break from Pixelli to focus on other things for a while. I will still provide constant updates but am now really getting into C++. So yeah...

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Slayer

Hansausage wrote:

I will still provide constant updates but am now really getting into C++. So yeah...

I know how that feels. Then you start watching tutorials and reading PDF files all on C++. And honestly I dived straight into C++ and then came back to PTC because I hadn't done anything with AR for awhile. Good luck. I'm getting the new Pixelli right away.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

SmokedSausage

C actually not C++. C++ imo is a bit overrated. I don't think C get's enough credit for how incredibally powerfull it is.
I have actually just thought of something regarding PTC though...
Let's say in your program you put a button on the touchscreen saying patch/update and when you click on it, it will load a GRP named PIXPATCH
And whenever you want to release an update for your game you can post the QR codes for that GRP file and when you click the update button in your program it will load the scanned GRP file and that GRP file holds data such as maps, text, etc. And when you tap that update button it will load all of this. Could this be a possible way to provide small updates to your programs without the 95 qr codes? IDK if this is possible or makes any sense to you guys... But it was just an idea.

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

LeviCelJir

Uhhhh guys I think the Terraria DS terrain generator is the slowest and largest Terrain generator ever made in petit computer...

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

InsertPi

@JLMan Yes. Trigonometry is an incredible tool; it can do so much. You should also learn tangent and arctangent (TAN and ATAN). If you want, I can give you the formulas to find cotangent (COT), secant (SEC), and cosecant (CSC) in trig, but those aren't as widely used as sine (SIN) and cosine(COS).

THOLITU now was two full libraries. stdcl (Standard Command List) contains a lot of basic commands, like print, input, if, etc., and advcl (Advanced Command List) contains some more miscellaneous commands. I will start working on graphics soon. It's time to show how complex THOLITU can be...

Speaking of other programming languages, I'm trying out C#. It has got to be one of the best languages out there, and doesn't receive as much praise as it should for how awesome it is.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

LeviCelJir

Yay! I made it from 20 minutes to 20 seconds! It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster now! I hope Tristone will love to still be the slowest XD also I made It generate a 200x170 world so you will have alot of build space. Now to add scrolling...

twinArmageddons

someone on the wiki helped me with the lag problem in aottg, and now there's another option to control lag. it changes the frames before updating the bg so you can have virtually no lag now, although you have to sacrifice a bit of smooth scrolling

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

LeviCelJir

twinArmageddons wrote:

someone on the wiki helped me with the lag problem in aottg, and now there's another option to control lag. it changes the frames before updating the bg so you can have virtually no lag now, although you have to sacrifice a bit of smooth scrolling

Smooth.... Scrolling? How would I incorporate that in Terraria DS?

LeviCelJir

JLMan wrote:

IAmAPersson wrote:

@JLMan Yes. Trigonometry is an incredible tool; it can do so much. You should also learn tangent and arctangent (TAN and ATAN). If you want, I can give you the formulas to find cotangent (COT), secant (SEC), and cosecant (CSC) in trig, but those aren't as widely used as sine (SIN) and cosine(COS).

Thanks for telling me that! However, I don't need the formulas but I will google those values to find their use and formulas. Thanks anyway. And thanks for placing my name is the Minecraft DS credits! (even though I didn't do anything.)
@Leviceljir Where can I find Terraria DS? If your game uses BG tiles then use BGOFS.
BGOFS layer,x,y,time

It's not out yet. And it won't be for a while. And what do I use BGOFS for? And what is BGOFS? What does it do?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic