Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,701 to 6,720 of 9,620

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@IamAPerson I'm using Minecraft Dsi to hopefully push Mojang in the right direction. OK with you?

Well, I'd like to keep this a 3rd party game. I'll even add a disclaimer soon. And I've decided to keep it Minecrft DS and when PTCom3D comes out, I'll make Minecraft 3DS. If you wish to push Mojang in the right direction, google "DScraft" and show that to them.

Some people want to do that the other way around and use Minecraft to push smealum in the right direction. People have been anticipating survival in DScraft for a LONG TIME.
I have such an imagination. I have so many ideas for games. Today I thought of an 8-bit Metroid Prime Hunters style FPS raycasted or in the style of GAME2

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

TAINT_Zzyex

dscraft made my old dsi explode x_X. not realy. but it corrupted it and destroyed my l+r button. ps @twinamegadons how does one use a sword in aottg i can use the grapple but not the swords
but dscraft is preaty good but im not gonna get it for my newishish 3ds. also can someone copy the fairgrounds picture and the futer teller picture from ultima iv on grped? just search ultima 4 intro on youtube or if you have an ipod, get the game. its free right now.

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

TAINT_Zzyex

0Games wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@IamAPerson I'm using Minecraft Dsi to hopefully push Mojang in the right direction. OK with you?

Well, I'd like to keep this a 3rd party game. I'll even add a disclaimer soon. And I've decided to keep it Minecrft DS and when PTCom3D comes out, I'll make Minecraft 3DS. If you wish to push Mojang in the right direction, google "DScraft" and show that to them.

Some people want to do that the other way around and use Minecraft to push smealum in the right direction. People have been anticipating survival in DScraft for a LONG TIME.
I have such an imagination. I have so many ideas for games. Today I thought of an 8-bit Metroid Prime Hunters style FPS raycasted or in the style of GAME2

too bad metroid and PTC both are only 4 bit. You just caused a paradox bro.

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

ShadowGame

@IAmAPerson
How do you know about PTC 3D?
And can you make sprites in 3D or can you
make Games in 3D like the 3DS have (or a 3D TV)
Thanks

ShadowGame

InsertPi

>.< every time you quote that and don't take out the @mention I get an annoying little email.

@ShadowGame I don't really know how I know about it. I don't know any details about it yet. (I just used know a lot)

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

GraphicGenius

@IAmAPerson I can help you with sprites it's kinda easy for me. Do you want to learn the basics first or get a little more complicated?
Trust me,you won't regret it if you learn sprites. Just about every game I've made that's over 100 lines of code are sprite games.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

InsertPi

programmerpro wrote:

@IAmAPerson I can help you with sprites it's kinda easy for me. Do you want to learn the basics first or get a little more complicated?
Trust me,you won't regret it if you learn sprites. Just about every game I've made that's over 100 lines of code are sprite games.

I was gonna look at the tutorial forum first, but thanks!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

mystman12

@ShadowGame Petit Computer 3DS was recently announced on Smileboom(The developer for Petit Computer)'s website, and it is only in Japanese. That's all we know. We don't even know if it will have built in 3D graphics or if it will even release out side of Japan.

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Slayer

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

0Games wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

too bad metroid and PTC both are only 4 bit. You just caused a paradox bro.

WHY does Petit Computer have limits that cut everyone's ideas in half? Oh wait, did I mention Metroid Prime Hunters is a 3D game, not like the platformer past games? Some assistance from GAME2 and I can make that a deathmatch.
I've done the buttons all thanks to @IAmAPerson's post in another page. @Hairmanban19 I can load your maps for Apocalypse Rising and I'm ready for basic gameplay mechanics!
How do you put a sprite in a certain location using SPSET? Or do you need SPOFS, or what? I want the player to spawn inside the house in SURVIVE. Go to the QR code thread and hunt that down to scan it if you have time to see what I'm talking about.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Discostew

@0Games

PTC has limits because it was designed for ease of development over utilizing the device it runs on efficiently. The use of BASIC (or Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) is the main problem. While you can make games with it, you cannot make such complex games because it is not structured very well. The interpreter that runs the code is the main bottleneck because of having to parse each line of code every single pass and determine what commands/functions it must deal with. The only real advantage that SmileBASIC has is being able to utilize the 2D hardware for backgrounds and sprites. It doesn't draw each thing manually. It sets the hardware up so it will do it automatically, so it can go on to other things while the hardware processes the data it is given. That is the only reason why MM2 is possible at the speed it is running at. It attempts to use the 2D hardware for all visuals in any possible way it can to reduce how much time it has to process everything. Unfortunately, the "graphic" functions like GLINE and GSET do not utilize the 2D hardware to draw these fast (because the 2D hardware does not have such functions internally), so that reduces how many you can do in a set amount of time.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

@0Games the more complex, the less stable, the more expensive, and the less basic and easy.

LeviCelJir

@IAmAPerson Ok here's the deal. I might actually be able to give you the QRs. But give me a week if you want it perfect. I gotta change a few things. I won't be adding the animation. You gotta do it yourself . Since It takes like 2 hours to convert in through updates you gotta convert it to 1.6 too.(It's made on 1.1) And Since I will help you can I get a better spot in the credits? As an actual programmer? So ya give me a week

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

InsertPi

Leviceljir wrote:

And since I will help you can I get a better spot in the credits? As an actual programmer?

Of course! You will get a spot near the top with @Ralph, @randomous, etc as the title "Assistant." That is what everyone who assists is put under. Just imagine:

Leviceljir...Assistance

Once the final release is out, I will have the full credits, where I tell EXACTLY what each person did. (It will be long credits)

Anonymous_Ninja

@IAmAPerson why dont you just make a steve fist sprite, rotate it with SPANGLE and make it larger with SPSCALE, then you can just use SPOFS and SPANGLE to do the punching animation. it would be much easier than using backgrounds to do it.

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

TAINT_Zzyex

Good news guyz! The original ULTIMA IV was for the apple II, witch runs on apple basic, one of the languages i have mastered. its almost the same thing. . also i think the metroid thing realy did cause a paraaaaaaadoooooooooooooox.... ahgghhggh! portal closes

EDIT: The Ends of Time and Space has great wifi connection!

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

InsertPi

Anonymous_Ninja wrote:

@IAmAPerson why dont you just make a steve fist sprite, rotate it with SPANGLE and make it larger with SPSCALE, then you can just use SPOFS and SPANGLE to do the punching animation. it would be much easier than using backgrounds to do it.

I don't know anything about sprites.

twinArmageddons

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

@twinamegadons how does one use a sword in aottg i can use the grapple but not the swords

press R to equip a sword, or if you have a sword it drops it and press L to attack
if you run out of swords go to the supply depot on the left side of the map
EDIT: since nobody seems to have working L and R buttons in the next update im gonna add options for different controls

Edited on by twinArmageddons

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

TAINT_Zzyex

darn it i still have my r and l button broken! i will just have to mod it i guess.
also limbo is boring. I'm starting to lose feeling in my legs from all this floating...
~
Hmmm that's odd.... my desk just appeared out of nowhere
~
@OGAMES WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOOOONEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE WHOLE WORLD IS BEING SUCKED INT THE POOOOOOOORRRRRTALLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....
~
Wow its lik nothing happened! exept the fact were not in the same universe... I wonder when the scientists will find out. i would be suprised if you guys noticed.

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

TAINT_Zzyex

**RE ULTIMA IV grped files**

'eres the link...
could someone make the moosic and picitures

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

LeviCelJir

@IAmAPerson Um Is a flat texture ok cause thats what I had then I tried changing it into how it really looks but wow... it looks real low quality then
EDIT: oh wait I made a better one! Almost exactly like the real one!

Edited on by LeviCelJir

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic