Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 9,620

Zack56144

Hello everyone! i have little BASIC experience so i decided to come here and maybe get some tutorials so anyways thats it! add me if you want

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

IAmSpike

Someone should make an account called LOOP

ya know, when we type @LOOP
heh

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

Zack56144

@Phillip
that would be funny lol

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

boot

@loop
cls
print "that's pretty funny"
Print "you beat me to making the account"
wait 300
cls
End

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Pixelrobin

Actually it was me. "@Loop" got banned. It was a pretty stupid thing to do. Sorry admins.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

boot

I'm using the 3d room sample and making an awesome game

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

randomous

Edit: The download link for this is a few posts down: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer?sta...

How interested would you guys be in a program that automatically stitches qr codes together? I noticed that everyone seems to post a custom stitched png image (or separate images, like me), so I figured there wasn't really a good program to do so. I just got one up and running, but it's only for Windows. Does anybody actually want a program like this, and if so, what sort of features would you like? Right now, it just produces images that look like this:

Untitled

You can also specify the width, so that same set of qr's can look like this:

Untitled

Edited on by randomous

randomous

IAmSpike

@randomous That looks awesome. Gimme.

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

randomous

Alright, hopefully this works for everybody: http://db.tt/EdcuAEPc

Untitled

That is the PTCQRStitch program that I made to make life easier when posting QR codes. This program stitches together an unlimited number of QR code images into a single, clean png file.

The program only runs on Windows (sorry)
The program requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (errr... I think you can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851 )

Let me know if you have issues or you want more features (it's super basic right now).

Edit: Whoops, I fudged up the first one, so the link is now directed at the new one. The old one would place QR's out of order if you had more than 9. This should be fixed now.

Edit2: If anybody wants to play with it, it's written in C#. Here's the project, which contains the source code: http://db.tt/eJ9vdUiU

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Hamjam00

IM BACK!
ive been toying around with PTC now that my homework has kinda died down bc of summer, so i might get back on regularly again.
IS THAT MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC???!!!! AWESOME!

Edited on by Hamjam00

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

randomous

@Hamjam00 @Bluerobin2 Haha it does look like that, doesn't it? I'm sorry, but it's not Visual BASIC. It's all the same framework though, so from just the looks of it, you couldn't really tell. It's C#, so it's more along the lines of a combination of Java and C++.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

@randomouscrap98 Cool. I got into Visual BASIC a bit but quit when I realized that it is very different from actual BASIC. I'm actually a bit more in web-based programming. I'm thinking of trying script.google.com (Think of it as Visual Javascript). And I'm going more towards Java (Yes I know it is different than javascript) because it can be run both online and off (ex. Minecraft).
Why do you need Microsoft framework or something like that? From my experience, Visual BASIC did not need it.
Oh yeah, I am also learning arduino code (Similar to C) and might start some python for the raspberry pi computer (I am into digital robotics/electronics if you were wondering).
I think my next PTC Project will be a code compiler for a "So simple its something a dummy can learn" Program. You know, just for the heck of it.
One question though, Have you ever heard of tinybasic? What is it? How is it different than BASIC? Also have you ever heard of lolcode?

@Gimmiemorecoinz I've actually attempted creating a "chatbot" I called it 'YAK' for no apparent reason . If it did not understand a word, It would ask for a similar word it already knows and then will store it in its 'Database'. Alas, It got deleted. Good luck on your project though.

@Hamjam00 Nice to have you back! I knew you would return. I just knew it . You cannot abandon PTC, you just can't...

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

MrSirr

randomouscrap98 wrote:

Edit: The download link for this is a few posts down: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer?sta...

How interested would you guys be in a program that automatically stitches qr codes together? I noticed that everyone seems to post a custom stitched png image (or separate images, like me), so I figured there wasn't really a good program to do so. I just got one up and running, but it's only for Windows. Does anybody actually want a program like this, and if so, what sort of features would you like? Right now, it just produces images that look like this:

Untitled

You can also specify the width, so that same set of qr's can look like this:

Untitled

Incredible! Intriguing!

Okay, now how would you make sprites appear "randomly? Thats the key word I dont know how to do

MrSirr

randomous

@MrSirr Do you want to make sprites appear after a random amount of time, or appear at a random point on the screen, or both? Anything random will require the RND function, which takes a single argument. This argument tells RND to generate a random number between 0 and the argument-1. This means that the set of numbers it generates will not include the number you passed in. For instance:

RND(1) will generate just a 0 (1 number)
RND(2) will generate a 0 or 1 (2 numbers)
RND(10) will generate 0 through 9 (10 numbers)

etc...

You can store this number as the position of the sprite (X or Y, generate a different number for both though), or you can use it as the limit to a counter which counts down to the point where a sprite will appear.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

VincentFaraday

Hi, I started learning how to program back in February because I wanted something fun to do between my studies. So far, I have been learning mostly by trial and error with moderate success. I recently picked up some introductory textbooks on BASIC from my university's library and they have been helpful so far, but I was wondering if anybody here could recommend any good books and/ or resources on programming.

I wish I was on the Enterprise.

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8460-1195

MrSirr

Appear at random themselves, not time. I know it would require RND as I have seen it before. But im trying to make SPRITES appear randomly not number. Umm, I'm trying to make a Frogger like game, with a frog crossing traffic? I hope that helps lol.

MrSirr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic