Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

@Discostew, your Megaman 2 game is amazing.I got the demo. How is progress?.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Discostew

@bluerobin2

It's picking up, but I've been doing so much restructuring of the game that one could say I basically restarted the project. Don't think of that as a bad thing though. The demo had a lot of quirky things going on with it, limiting (and even preventing) what I would want it to do. It was also a cluttered mess in terms of files and such. I've done BASIC in the past, but nothing ever to this degree, so if anything, the demo was the first hurdle in just figuring out Petit Computer, learning what it can do and how to do them best. Now, I'm taking what I learned, and am proceeding to do this a better way.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Pixelrobin

Well said @Discostew, well said. I am taking a break from Battlewood and currently making a Microsoft Word-like program with a custom keyboard, but I was too lazy to have the alphabet so I used number instead (less work ). I could release it now as full, but I was wondering, is there any way to save an entire screen filled with characters as a MEM or a GRP or something like that?

boot

I want CINCOS os so much! I watched the youtube vie part 1 and 2 please post qrs soon!

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Discostew

@bluerobin2 - Anything can be written to the GRP files, but you'd have to handle how it is stored. Your text editor, for instance, if it were stored in a large numerical array (where each element represents an ASCII value), you'd read the value (0 - 255), and starting from the beginning of the GRP at position 0,0 write the value using GSET, increment the X coordinate, write the next array element at 1,0, etc etc until you reach a position of 256,0 where you reset the X coordinate to 0 and increment the Y coordinate by 1, and start again. You can make this simpler by designating an INDEX value like you would use for going through the array, and just do a conversion for each GSET, extracting only the first 8 bits of the value for X, and dividing by 2^8 for the Y, like so....

FOR INDEX=0 TO TEXTLEN-1: 'It is -1 because LOOPs are inclusive
GSET INDEX AND 255,INDEX/256,TEXT(INDEX)
NEXT

After that, you can simply use the SAVE function to save the GRP. If you wanted to read a GRP for loading, then do the opposite, using GSPOIT.

FOR INDEX=0 TO TEXTLEN-1
TEXT(INDEX)=GSPOIT(INDEX AND 255,INDEX/256)
NEXT

Of course you'll need other information, like the length of the text, so you'd probably save that value before the actual text, which will require having to save a value that can be between 0 and 49152, essentially a 2-byte value when you can only write 1 byte at a time. That can be done by simply splitting the value in 2, in very much the same way you split the INDEX for reading/writing.

GSET 0,0,TEXTLEN AND 255
GSET 1,0,TEXTLEN/256

You'll have to consider that the text will be offsetted now.

'Saving
GPAGE 0,0,0
GSET 0,0,TEXTLEN AND 255
GSET 1,0,TEXTLEN/256
FOR IDX=0 TO TEXTLEN-1
GSET IDX+2 AND 255,(IDX+2)/256,TEXT(IDX)
NEXT
SAVE "GRP0: DOC"

'Loading
LOAD "GRP0: DOC",FALSE: 'FALSE for no confirmation box
GPAGE 0,0,0
TEXTLEN=GSPOIT(0,0)+(GSPOIT(1,0)*256
FOR IDX=0 TO TEXTLEN-1
TEXT(IDX)=GSPOIT(IDX+2 AND 255,(IDX+2)/256)
NEXT

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

bigdog00

boot wrote:

I want CINCOS os so much! I watched the youtube vie part 1 and 2 please post qrs soon!

Well, go back a couple pages in the forums and you will find a link I posted. It has the download for the programs themselves, as my Windows computer blue screened and I could not generate QR codes. If you have PTC utilities, you can just generate these yourself. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Pixelrobin

@bigdog00, the zip file does not contain all of the content required to run Cincos. The missing files are as follows:
MEM:CTHEME
SPU0: DEFAULT
MEM:CPASS
That is all I found is missing so far, I have not done the setup yet. Is this OK?

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Pixelrobin

Aso, I currently do not hold in my possession Tristones, The 3d racer, or the alarm clock. What else is there really?

swordx

bluerobin2 wrote:

Aso, I currently do not hold in my possession Tristones, The 3d racer, or the alarm clock. What else is there really?

Tristones is really fun...IDK about the rest.

swordx

Pixelrobin

@swordx, I was referring to Cincos. It has links to those games. Can someone give me a link to the tristones qrs?

swordx

bluerobin2 wrote:

@swordx, I was referring to Cincos. It has links to those games. Can someone give me a link to the tristones qrs?

Here's the video, which has a link to the QR codes.

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

bluerobin2 wrote:

Here's the video, which has a link to the QR codes.

Tristones is one of my favorite Petit Computer games! It was like the 2nd Petit Computer game i got.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

bigdog00

bluerobin2 wrote:

@bigdog00, the zip file does not contain all of the content required to run Cincos. The missing files are as follows:
MEM:CTHEME
SPU0: DEFAULT
MEM:CPASS
That is all I found is missing so far, I have not done the setup yet. Is this OK?

No, it's not ok (not in a rude way).
You generate the mem:cpass file (password file) when you do the initial setup. After that, go to the settings application in the application bar (dock) and click "opple" under theme. Click "ok". Spu0efault is for your own, customized "texturepack" as you may call it. That is why those files are missing. I will release future updates about 2 weeks apart (hopefully). Are you the only one who uses CINCOS? Do you like it? What do you rate it as bad(0-10)good?

bigdog00

bluerobin2 wrote:

Well said @Discostew, well said. I am taking a break from Battlewood and currently making a Microsoft Word-like program with a custom keyboard, but I was too lazy to have the alphabet so I used number instead (less work ). I could release it now as full, but I was wondering, is there any way to save an entire screen filled with characters as a MEM or a GRP or something like that?

Is it like Petit Pocket Office (PPO)?
To get to PPO,
Boot up CINCOS
Login
Goto the app bar (dock)
Select MTool
Press B

bigdog00

bluerobin2 wrote:

TROLOLOLOLOLOLO Also, I currently do not hold in my possession Tristones, The 3d racer, or the alarm clock. What else is there really?

There is Petit Pocket Office, IM-Mail, A separate OS/desktop (press b on the home screen), an FAQ page (press start on the home menu), a settings app, a multi-tool app, a terminal, and a file server. Also, everyone with CINCOS, if you get yourself locked out completely, I THINK, type "BOOTCOVER" as the password, and it will run different numbers through the CINCOS security protocol until it gets the randomly generated lockout key right. Please beware, it may take a minute or so to get it right, so please be patient. Even if you press select, then type RUN again, it won't get past the initial boot sequence without going into an auto lock loop. That's so some troll (your siblings that can't program) can't get in.

Edited on by bigdog00

boot

bigdog00 wrote:

boot wrote:

Well, go back a couple pages in the forums and you will find a link I posted. It has the download for the programs themselves, as my Windows computer blue screened and I could not generate QR codes. If you have PTC utilities, you can just generate these yourself. Sorry for the inconvenience.

is there any other way to get it,I don't know how to use ptc utilities.

Edited on by boot

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

Hamjam00

You know what would be awesome? A game based on wreck it Ralph!

Python, C/C++, Lua, Ruby rule (java is too complex lol)

Twitter:

swordx

Hamjam00 wrote:

Hmmm...I don't know. I think I'd prefer original ideas...

swordx

steriaca

swordx wrote:

Hamjam00 wrote:

Hmmm...I don't know. I think I'd prefer original ideas...

Besides, there is already a few Wreck It Ralph games avalable (the web site game, Nintendo Wii game, just to name two).

You know what would be cool? A colection of micro games in one program, NOT using copyrighted charaters at all. (I realy don't know why people always sergest makeing copyright infringment games with this system...most of us do not live in Tiwan, and this have to obay Copyright Laws, OR ELSE).

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic