DSi / DS Forum

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 621 to 640 of 748

AuthorMessage

kurtasbestos

621. Posted:

Are there any multiplayer games for DS / DSi that can be played on a single console?
Basically, my wife and I go on a lot of really long bus/train/plane adventures, and it would be totally mega sweet if we had some way to pass the time together when we pass through areas with nothing interesting to look at.
Since she's not all that big on video games, it's probably a long shot (if I could somehow trick her into liking Advance Wars and getting really good at it, then holy crap that would make vacations awesome!)... but someone might have an idea or two.

I want to make a new thread to ask this question since this one is so hard to follow, and I'll probably never remember to check it again... but I would probably get scolded and told to post in here.
So since I don't know if I'll remember to check back and/or thank anyone for suggestions, thank you in advance!

AQUIA BASE 10 BOXLIFE CUBELLO DIGIDRIVE light trax ORBIENT PiCTOBiTS precipice ROTOHEX Rotozoa ZENGAGE

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

622. Posted:

kurtasbestos wrote:

Are there any multiplayer games for DS / DSi that can be played on a single console?
Basically, my wife and I go on a lot of really long bus/train/plane adventures, and it would be totally mega sweet if we had some way to pass the time together when we pass through areas with nothing interesting to look at.
Since she's not all that big on video games, it's probably a long shot (if I could somehow trick her into liking Advance Wars and getting really good at it, then holy crap that would make vacations awesome!)... but someone might have an idea or two.

I want to make a new thread to ask this question since this one is so hard to follow, and I'll probably never remember to check it again... but I would probably get scolded and told to post in here.
So since I don't know if I'll remember to check back and/or thank anyone for suggestions, thank you in advance!

For single console play I dont know of many..
Paper Plane for DSiWare is a simple and fun one.
Warioware in general is a good option, although I've only tried Mega Microgames for the GBA - it has about 3-4 multiplayer single console games.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Karakato

623. Posted:

kurtasbestos wrote:

The only game that comes to mind is Photo Dojo. Both players use each half of the DS' buttons to move and attack(P1 uses the Dpad and L button while P2 uses the Face buttons and R button). For a fighting game, its pretty basic and band but the novelty of playing as your digitized selves should keep you interested from time to time, especially for commutes.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

624. Posted:

Onikato wrote:

kurtasbestos wrote:

The only game that comes to mind is Photo Dojo. Both players use each half of the DS' buttons to move and attack(P1 uses the Dpad and L button while P2 uses the Face buttons and R button). For a fighting game, its pretty basic and band but the novelty of playing as your digitized selves should keep you interested from time to time, especially for commutes.

If you have a DS(Has to be a DS, as it's a GBA game) Then WarioWare Mega Microgame$ has a few minigames like that.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

liavcol

625. Posted:

If u r childish like me and don't care what ur friends say about what ur playing (and even if not) I highly reccomend on Bakugan Battle Brawlers. this is game is really great and last long cause there are so many things to collect and if ur wondering how old I m so Im 14 and I enjoyed the game.

Email: liavcol@gmail.com
3DS friend code: 4768-7500-0239
Nintendo Network ID: LiavKatry
Currently Playing:
Battleship (DS)

Nintendo Network ID: LiavKatry

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

626. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Everyone go buy SMT Strange Journey right now. It's the best DS game ever.

He has seen the light!

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

627. Posted:

Hi everyone! As a college student, I need to get a game to waste my time while I take breaks from studying.

This video game shall replace much of my free time currently used for surfing the internet. This is especially important because I am a sucker for internet discussions: I feel I'm using too much of my brain juice for these discussions when I should be using more of it for studying. Therefore, I want to really reduce my time on the internet, and use that free time to more video games. I'm not too satisfied with what I currently have (I don't have a DS game library at all and I only have 1 Steam game to fit my requirements).

My situation is similar to when someone comes from work, drain and exhausted. So what is better to do than...I don't know, watching junk food TV? Like an exhausted worker, I don't want to think too hard.

So, here is what this game will hopefully have:

• Easy to progress: I'm afraid I might get too compulsive with challenging games.
  • Easy on your brain: brain teasing puzzles will probably get me compulsive AND thinking too hard, so something easy on the brain would be nice
  • Mildly to moderately (mentally) stimulating: maybe an interesting narrative/story and catchy music
  • Long or high replayability
  • Friendly and relaxing: this will hopefully be the answer to my stress :3

I think RPGs mainly fit the bill here: quests, grinding and progression seem to be the common elements in their mechanics. Any other genre will be fine too. Oh, and Dragon Quest IX is out of the question because I already have it. And yes, maybe there isn't the perfect game that completely fits these attributes, but I would like something that's close.

So, can somebody recommend me any DS games? They don't have to match all of the given attributes, but I'm mainly concerned with a relaxing experience, not thinking too hard, and longevity. Thank you!

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

moomoo

628. Posted:

@FOREST_RANGER
I would recommend a Kirby game, but those don't exactly have extensive replayability.
Maybe Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga The Endless Frontier? It's a mouthful, I know, but it's a great RPG that isn't too difficult. The battles have an easy flow to them and the game isn't too hard to progress in. The combat may look crazy, but it is all based off of the use of a single button press. The boss battles are crazy long, though, but it's pretty easy to stop in the middle of one. The game took me exactly 30 hours to beat (okay, 30 hours and 1 minute, but that's a fairly long game.) Also, the game is absolutely hilarious and has one of the best translations in a game ever.
Here's a video:
Yes, there are bewbs in it. :p
Most of the best RPGs I can think of on DS have quite a bit of challenge to them, so you may be stressed by them. Radiant Historia is great, but it requires a lot of strategy to be successful in. Same goes for most of the good SRPGs too. I guess a Mario RPG could work too. Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story are both great games.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

629. Posted:

@FOREST_RANGER Too bad there's no Sakura Wars or Derpa Men on the DS. You might enjoy Animal Crossing or Rune Factory.

moomoo wrote:

a Mario RPG could work too. Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story are both great games.

That sounds like a good suggestion, but I'd pass on Super Robot Taisen. The plot was weak, the dialog infantile, the characters unlikeable.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

630. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

@FOREST_RANGER Too bad there's no Sakura Wars or Derpa Men on the DS. You might enjoy Animal Crossing or Rune Factory.

moomoo wrote:

a Mario RPG could work too. Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story are both great games.

That sounds like a good suggestion, but I'd pass on Super Robot Taisen. The plot was weak, the dialog infantile, the characters unlikeable.

I agree with you on the plot 100%, and though I guess you could call the diolouge infantile, I found it to be a nice change of pace from what other games offered. It knew what it was and just let loose with more boob jokes than I can count. The characters are one-dimenional, yes, but whether or not they're likable is debatable. I am a pretty big fan of KOS-MOS.

But yeah, Denpa Men and Ruin Factory would perfectly fit the bill here. Maybe Animal Crossing?

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

WesCash

631. Posted:

@FOREST_RANGER
Honestly, Animal Crossing: Wild World pretty much fits all of those requirements. There is a ton to do and it's just an enjoyable experience overall. There is plenty of content and you can never really "beat" it. It's the kind of game to play for half an hour or so every day. As a single player game it is great, but multiplayer expands it even more. There's certain items/characters/buildings that can only be unlocked through multiplayer. It shouldn't be a problem at all to find some people on NintendoLife (like myself) that have the game and would help out with stuff.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

632. Posted:

@FOREST_RANGER Pokemon would effectively satisfy most of your criteria.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

633. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

@FOREST_RANGER Pokemon would effectively satisfy most of your criteria.

I second that. Tons to do, pretty easy, has a solid pace. I recommend starting with Black and White or Heartgold/Soulsilver

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

634. Posted:

@FOREST_RANGER
Definitely check out Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. It's an action RPG that's pretty easy and fun. The story and music are great and it's pretty cheap if you can find it, highly recommended.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

635. Posted:

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

Hi everyone! As a college student, I need to get a game to waste my time while I take breaks from studying.

This video game shall replace much of my free time currently used for surfing the internet. This is especially important because I am a sucker for internet discussions: I feel I'm using too much of my brain juice for these discussions when I should be using more of it for studying. Therefore, I want to really reduce my time on the internet, and use that free time to more video games. I'm not too satisfied with what I currently have (I don't have a DS game library at all and I only have 1 Steam game to fit my requirements).

My situation is similar to when someone comes from work, drain and exhausted. So what is better to do than...I don't know, watching junk food TV? Like an exhausted worker, I don't want to think too hard.

• Easy to progress: I'm afraid I might get too compulsive with challenging games.
  • Easy on your brain: brain teasing puzzles will probably get me compulsive AND thinking too hard, so something easy on the brain would be nice
  • Mildly to moderately (mentally) stimulating: maybe an interesting narrative/story and catchy music

I think RPGs mainly fit the bill here: quests, grinding and progression seem to be the common elements in their mechanics. Any other genre will be fine too. Oh, and Dragon Quest IX is out of the question because I already have it. And yes, maybe there isn't the perfect game that completely fits these attributes, but I would like something that's close.

So, can somebody recommend me any DS games? They don't have to match all of the given attributes, but I'm mainly concerned with a relaxing experience, not thinking too hard, and longevity. Thank you!

If you're into rhythm games, than a Rhythm Heaven is a must have. It's my current time waster. I love it! :D

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

636. Posted:

@Forest_Ranger Maybe Fire Emblem? It may be a bit harder than what you want though...

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

moomoo

637. Posted:

I don't recommend going for Fire Emblem. It is really taxing on the brain if you want to play it right, and most people want to save everyone while playing.
Rythem Heaven can be a very difficult game. It's not very relaxing; frankly, it can be a source of stress.
Solatorobo can be a solid recommedation, but make sure you know what you're getting into. The game's combat is rediculously simple, and it just can't be played for long periods of time. It just gets tedious. Look at some reviews beforehand.

How about Locke's Quest? I didn't find it too difficult, and it's definitely a long game. Maybe that would work?

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Karakato

638. Posted:

For RPG's I'd say:
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - aka srpg made for the little crowd, Has some decent customization for individual units, around 300 quests in total and it is relatively simple as far as srpg's go.
Bowser's Inside Story - Nothing speaks Crowd pleasing RPG than the Mario&Luigi RPG series. The Reflex mixed turn-based battle system is a breath of fresh air with minigames thrown in for diversions.
Custom Robo Arena - Story is a 40 hour crap-fest, but the Real timed battles and robot customizations themselves more than make up for it. Think of it as a low budget Medabot anime series.

If I were you, I'd be playing the Kirby games since they Fit your description. I'd recommend Super Stars Ultra which is the best of the bunch.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

639. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

If you're into rhythm games, than a Rhythm Heaven is a must have. It's my current time waster. I love it! :D

Totally agree! rhythm Heaven is close to my favourite DS game EVER!!!!! Seriously, get it!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

640. Posted:

So far, here are the games I have in prioritized consideration:

• Animal Crossing- this game will probably cheer me up from exhaustion, and meeting the critters sounds like fun.
  • Super Robot Taisen...- it sounds decent and ready to consume my time, but I'm a bit weary of the boob jokes :|
  • Pokemon B/W

The rest except Locke's Quest are in my maybe-list. Solatorobo may be short, but that might be to my advantage by reducing my break time. Bowser's Inside Story looks like a very fun game that warrants an extended playtime beyond break. I fear Partners in Time isn't easy to find. I looked up the trailer for Lock's Quest, and it looks too engaging.

I have Rhythm Heaven. It won't take much of my time, since I already got a perfect on all the games and played all the other mini-games for a while D:

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator