DSi / DS Forum

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 601 to 620 of 729

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

601. Posted:

Digimon games usually go for a different approach than Pokemon. While Dawn/Dusk is the most comparable to Pkmn, I still wouldn't use it as "the bar".

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

602. Posted:

The Megaman Zero collection any good? Just wondering...

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

moomoo

603. Posted:

@turtlelink
I had a good time with it. It's not much more than the GBA games, though. The music is higher-quality, but that's about it, outside of all refrences to death being changed to "retirement".
Still, if you haven't played any of the Mega Man Zero games, you can't go wrong.
Quick aside, I'd like to note that 2, 3, and 4 are much, much better than the original game. There's a much better sense of polish, and if you fail a stage, you just start right back up instead of having to load your save file or give up in 1.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

604. Posted:

It has an easy mode that turns all the games into one big long game. That alone sells it for me. Also has a nice gallery, too.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

605. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

The Megaman Zero collection any good? Just wondering...

It's fantastic. I got over 40 hours from it. All the games are emulated perfectly and the easy scenario is great for new comers.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

606. Posted:

Mega Man Zero Collection is pretty awesome. It has more extras to offer than an art gallery and easy mode. Mega Man Zero 3 has in game Mod Cards previously only available in Japan by scanning real life cards with the e-Reader. Mod Cards can modify all sorts of things--you can have your home base overrun with cats if you want. It's a little sad that one of the best DS games I've played is just a collection of four GBA games, but it is a great compilation of some of the best Mega Man games ever.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

RR529

607. Posted:

So, has anyone played Avalon Code? From what I've seen of it, it looks like it could be a pretty ambitious DS RPG (graphically, anyhow), but I don't hear much about it.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Karakato

608. Posted:

Avalon Code didn't click with me unfortunately, found it repetitive. It gave a good first impression, but traded the game after the first "dungeon". Quite a shame, the Book of Prophecy, The main hook of the game where you fill in pages for this book to alter your surroundings, weapons and enemies, was fun to use even if it does get glitchy later on or so I've heard. It is worth a try if you can find it $20, but if you have second thoughts, I recommend you try Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time, Lunar Knights, or if you can import, try Soma Bringer instead, they are the better Action RPG/Hack'n slash games imo.

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

RR529

609. Posted:

^I had Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, and really enjoyed it. I'll be on the lookout for the others you mentioned, though.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Otto-Soq

610. Posted:

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. 2 player multicard play keeps me and my mrs hooked for weeks now. Truly amazing simple and deep gameplay at the same time!

3ds code: 3840-5310-3696
psn: Eefje&Otto

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

611. Posted:

How are the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games for single player only? It seems as though they're focused on multiplayer, which I probably wouldn't get into.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Chuie

612. Posted:

@Wheels2025 its really good you should pick it up

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Lan

613. Posted:

I'm not a fan of em, the gameplay is pretty shallow in my awesome opinion

Edited on by Lan

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

614. Posted:

@wheels2050 In my opinion it's the weakest Final Fantasy game on the DS.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

615. Posted:

If anyone hasn't yet bought Rhythm Heaven, stop what you are doing RIGHT NOW and get it! It's very cheap now anyway!
I got it recently and it, simply put, brings joy to my heart! It's s fun, addictive, quirky, cheerful and lively! A must-have DS game!

Nintendo Life gave it a 9/10!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

rayword45

616. Posted:

PoshSnivy wrote:

If anyone hasn't yet bought Rhythm Heaven, stop what you are doing RIGHT NOW and get it! It's very cheap now anyway!
I got it recently and it, simply put, brings joy to my heart! It's s fun, addictive, quirky, cheerful and lively! A must-have DS game!

Rhythm Heaven, WarioWare: Touched, and Elite Beat Agents should run you about $25.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Chuie

617. Posted:

@MikeDanger1 i bought dawn and loved it ima buy more digimon games now ;) i still want agood game like pokemon and digimon felt like digimon and dragon quest monster joker feels like it so no game will ever be like pokemon

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

618. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

@MikeDanger1 i bought dawn and loved it ima buy more digimon games now ;) i still want agood game like pokemon and digimon felt like digimon and dragon quest monster joker feels like it so no game will ever be like pokemon

Dragon Quest Monsters > Pokemon. :3

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

619. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

PoshSnivy wrote:

Rhythm Heaven, WarioWare: Touched, and Elite Beat Agents should run you about $25.

I also got Warioware: Touched at the same time as RH, but now I just need to track down a copy of Elite Beat Agents.
These, and many more, are gems that I unfortunately missed back in the day, when I was still buying Finding Nemo and Spongebob games! (c'mon, I was 9 when I got my DS!)

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

620. Posted:

Everyone go buy SMT Strange Journey right now. It's the best DS game ever.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.