Forums

Topic: 800+.... Any DSiWare you think cost more than 800?

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

Sylverstone

I watched a Nintendo DSi Shop info vid on the Nintendo Channel and apparently, 800+ may soon get more games over 800 points.

I'm just thinking... Are there any games that you think are worth over 800 that is or should be on the DSi Shop?

Edited on by Sylverstone

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Hardy83

I can't imagine any games being worth more then 800 because the DSiWare size limit is 20MB. I can't picture ANYTHING fitting into that being worth more then 800 points.

Hardy83

FATEM

Maybe the limit will be raised?

FATEM

Raptor78

Hardy83 wrote:

I can't imagine any games being worth more then 800 because the DSiWare size limit is 20MB. I can't picture ANYTHING fitting into that being worth more then 800 points.

I would like to point out first that all my games are legit... however my little boy has an R4, mainly due to the fact that he changes his mind to what games he likes to play more than he changes his socks and I have to be honest, there are A LOT of full retail games on the DS that are UNDER 16MB so I could honestly see dsiware games being sold for over 800 points. That being said though I do think that gameloft have shown you can get plenty of content for 800 points wether or not you like their games so I think that it would have to be well justified.
I would for instance pay 1000 points for an Asphalt game with a complete online component after enjoying Gamelofts Asphalt 4 which was 800 points.
But the point to this post is that it is possible to produce a decent £20 retail game for under 16MB so a 20MB dsiware limit shouldnt be that much of a problem.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

Charlie_The_Unicorn

I heard that the Tower SP would be 1,000 Points, but it has a Mario statue of liberty, so it's worth every point!

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

i think one game already on there is 1000 like brain age or something...

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Charlie_The_Unicorn

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

i think one game already on there is 1000 like brain age or something...

That was 800pts.

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

tylero09

Well unfortunately, by calling the price point 'premium' and not 800 (like the others are 200, etc), it will allow companies to take advantage of this and charge more.
I just hope (but to be honest, in the long run doubt) that it will only be used by the few games that may have a case to be more expensive (like Final Fantasy Crystal...etc on wiiware) and that it hopefully won't end up 'doing an xbox live arcade', where after a couple of years games that would have origanally been 800 became 1200 (and now the 400 ones barely exist at all).

Wii: 4057-1101-4172-6642
Mario Kart Wii: 5069-4059-7720

Raptor78

I think the price points have been set pretty much right so far and I cant see the value of these games changing. But I would like to see what kind of game would justify a higher premium than 800 points.
I could imagine a few games would be able to justify this but hopefully not too many.
Mabey a couple of GBA remakes would fit nicely into the dsiware limit and be able to have plenty of content to justify the price tag.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

Grumble

Actually, if Flipnote weren't free, I would have paid upwards of 20-30 dols for it!!

Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 Fan of: Zelda, Mario, Pac-Man, Metroid, Capt Toad, the list goes on. Love all systems: GBA, GBA SE, NES, Gameboy, 3DS, N64, Super Nintendo, etc, Atari, etc.

FATEM

ballistikboy wrote:

Actually, if Flipnote weren't free, I would have paid upwards of 20-30 dols for it!!

I would have paid $70 for it and it would have deserved the price more than any other game.

FATEM

Grumble

Fatem... Right on!!!

Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 Fan of: Zelda, Mario, Pac-Man, Metroid, Capt Toad, the list goes on. Love all systems: GBA, GBA SE, NES, Gameboy, 3DS, N64, Super Nintendo, etc, Atari, etc.

Grumble

They should totally release a "Flipnote Studio Deluxe" DSi Cart with more features and tools, everyone would pay $$ for that!

Grumble

It could also store your flipnote animations, too, how rad would that be to have a Flipnote Deluxe DSi Cart with a nice big memory chip (mainly) inside of it? (You could also store other things on it, etc.)

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.