3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Metroid Fusion

Showing 61 to 80 of 252

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link245

61. Posted:

Eh, I would have rather got a better game like Kid Icarus or something else since it's going to be a 3D Classic instead of the original Metroid. Then I'd rather have Zero Misson as an Ambassador game.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link245

62. Posted:

Just a thought, but does anybody think Nintendo avoided releasing remakes because they want you to buy the originals? Zero Mission and Nightmare in Dreamland are so much better I wouldn't see a reason to buy the originals (Zero Mission has the original) and why buy ALTTP on Wii VC when you have it portable? I think the reason they gave us Yoshi's Island is because we aren't going to see it on VC because of the FX chip legal issue.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Crystalline

63. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I gotta disagree with the people saying Fusion is their favorite. I really wish the ambassadors had gotten Zero Mission instead. Fusion just doesn't have that Metroid game feel to me and some of the bosses (IE The Nightmare) are too difficult to be any fun to fight against.

Nintendo made it clear they didnt want to be releasing remakes via the Ambassador program. They released Amazing Mirror as opposed to Nightmare in Dreamland, and Fusion as opposed to Zero Mission. They released Minish Cap as opposed to ALTTP (thank god).

You didn't like ALTTP? That's a first. I mean, it was when the series completely blossomed into what we know and love to this day. Some of link's trademark weapons were also introduced in it. It had every single aspect that a zelda game should have, and did it flawlessly. Good replay value. Lots of playtime. Heck, this was the title that set the tone for future Zelda Masterpieces like OOT.

Crystalline

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wesker

64. Posted:

There's not much that beats 2D Metroid, and this one seems to be right up their with Super Metroid and Zero Mission so far.

Wesker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

65. Posted:

Avectius wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I gotta disagree with the people saying Fusion is their favorite. I really wish the ambassadors had gotten Zero Mission instead. Fusion just doesn't have that Metroid game feel to me and some of the bosses (IE The Nightmare) are too difficult to be any fun to fight against.

Nintendo made it clear they didnt want to be releasing remakes via the Ambassador program. They released Amazing Mirror as opposed to Nightmare in Dreamland, and Fusion as opposed to Zero Mission. They released Minish Cap as opposed to ALTTP (thank god).

You didn't like ALTTP? That's a first. I mean, it was when the series completely blossomed into what we know and love to this day. Some of link's trademark weapons were also introduced in it. It had every single aspect that a zelda game should have, and did it flawlessly. Good replay value. Lots of playtime. Heck, this was the title that set the tone for future Zelda Masterpieces like OOT.

Maybe he's happy that Nintendo gave him a game that he hadn't played rather than one that he has already played to death? If that's not it, I don't know what. I cannot fathom how anyone could dislike ALTTP.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

66. Posted:

Link245 wrote:

Eh, I would have rather got a better game like Kid Icarus or something else since it's going to be a 3D Classic instead of the original Metroid. Then I'd rather have Zero Misson as an Ambassador game.

Same here, since the original Metroid is in Zero Mission.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapedGodot

67. Posted:

Link to the Past was quite dull. Except for the music. The music was good. But other than that, there's really nothing memorable for me in it.

CapedGodot

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

68. Posted:

Godot wrote:

Link to the Past was quite dull. Except for the music. The music was good. But other than that, there's really nothing memorable for me in it.

Okay... You seem pretty serious about this. You're open to your opinion, but most people (myself included) will strongly disagree with you.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

69. Posted:

I really want to play this and Minish Cap again. = (

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kingbuilder

70. Posted:

Ran through and fixed the emergency in Sector 3 (I stopped and watched the scientist messing with the computer for a few seconds before actually deciding to shoot him) only to die afterwards. Now I have redo the run. D:

I'm still really enjoying this game, though. :3

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Crystalline

71. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Godot wrote:

Link to the Past was quite dull. Except for the music. The music was good. But other than that, there's really nothing memorable for me in it.

Okay... You seem pretty serious about this. You're open to your opinion, but most people (myself included) will strongly disagree with you.

Yep. It really is one of those games that can only be described as flawless. It's just a shame that it's glory was ignored by those who got to OOT first. It's one helluva title, and anyone disliking it should be properly punished :3

"Grab this fool, and teleport him to the dark world. Oh and while you're at it, transform him into a pink rabbit"

:3

Edited on by Crystalline

Crystalline

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LucinaSmash

72. Posted:

The boss that gives you the speed booster after defeating it really freaks me out.

hype train destinations: Super Smash Bros

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shworange

73. Posted:

Is anyone having problems with this game's save file? I was about five hours into the game. When I went back to play it after turning the 3DS completely off, my save file was gone! ...yes I stopped at save spots and actually clicked on "yes" to save the game. ... No, no one else had access to the game. I started playing it on Friday and I saved and powered down. I played on Saturday and then saved and powered down. I played some on Sunday as well. Then I went back Sunday evening, and the save file was gone!

3DS friend code: 3780-9246-6946
NNID: yossarian22

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

74. Posted:

This game is giving me the creeps now, I was actually bobbing my head around in Sector 2 to make sure SA-X wasn't anywhere around. Then I fall through the floor and see SA-X walking along the corridor below me.

I think this is by far the best Metroid ever, it gives you very mild horror and it's a lot of fun to play!

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Late

75. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

This game is giving me the creeps now, I was actually bobbing my head around in Sector 2 to make sure SA-X wasn't anywhere around. Then I fall through the floor and see SA-X walking along the corridor below me.

I think this is by far the best Metroid ever, it gives you very mild horror and it's a lot of fun to play!

SA-X can be very scary at the times. She is an awesome character as I said already.
Just ran and turned off the boiler system in PYR. I think this will be the second game of these free GBA games that I am going to beat. I already beat WarioWare and now I'm really hooked in this game again. I think I've found few missiles that I've never found before.
I think Fusion is my favorite Metroid game. It's the first Metroid that I really liked and also beat. I never bought this game for myself but now I got it for free. Now I have Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime Hunters and Metroid Prime Trilogy, all thanks to Metroid Fusion. I couldn't get into these games as a kid but now I really like 'em. Well... I still can't get into original Metroid.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

76. Posted:

wow this big snake-like boss is so hard. he is so fast and my health goes down so quickly. hard to hit him and hard to avoid his attacks...

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

77. Posted:

@Late Original Metroid is what started it all when I was a kid and, for me, it is the best game in the entire series. This game so far seems like a close second!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BulbasaurusRex

78. Posted:

grumblegrumble wrote:

@Late Original Metroid is what started it all when I was a kid and, for me, it is the best game in the entire series.

Wow, I didn't know anyone could have that opinion seeing as Zero Mission and Super Metroid are both basically the same game but improved in every possible way (well, except for the password cheats).

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
...
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblegrumble

79. Posted:

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

@Late Original Metroid is what started it all when I was a kid and, for me, it is the best game in the entire series.

Wow, I didn't know anyone could have that opinion seeing as Zero Mission and Super Metroid are both basically the same game but improved in every possible way (well, except for the password cheats).

It's not the same game. There's something about the 'original' that just takes me back to my childhood. The music, the level design (without all the fancy extras) I just love it. I am loving Metroid Fusion in it's own right, too. The levels look absolutely amazing, even all these years later! I just made it through the Tropical area. I know what you guys say when you say this game is very linear, but I like it a whole lot! Some great game making went behind this awesome masterpiece ;)

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, Retro Pocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

80. Posted:

I'm sorry but the original Metroid is a Dinosaur compared to super Metroid and basically every game to follow.
Not even when it was new would I have considered it amazing. Maybe ground breaking for having one of the first female protagonists but the game has aged horribly.
After Zero mission why would anyone want to go back? I sure have a hard time enjoying it anymore.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link