Forums

Topic: What are you playing on 3DS? (2024 Edition)

Posts 1 to 20 of 25

NintendoDad

So . . . with a fresh new year in front of us . . . what are your plans with your 3DS/2DS?

I took a little break from gaming over the holidays. And then spent the 1st bit of January cleaning up around the house and trying to declutter my computer LOL. But . . . I think I'm ready to pick up gaming again.

Last year I finished off Metroid Samus Returns. That got me really into wanting to finally finish off some games. LOL. I got most of the way through Zelda OOT, but took a break while I tried out Zelda MM.

But I'm looking to make Zelda OOT the next game I finish off. So that is the game I'm concentrating on now.

After that I think I'll dive back into Zelda MM. And I've picked up Zelda ALBW and Luigi's Masion Dark Moon for down the road.

What is everyone else up to?

NintendoDad

Zuljaras

I have the same plans as with 2023 I really have a hard time getting to play those games:

1. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D - still in the beginning.
2. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D - still in the beginning.
3. The Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds - I've got only 2 paintings.
4. Metroid Samus Returns - still in the beginning.

I will watch some guides to have easier time navigating through them.

Dogorilla

I've been playing Etrian Odyssey Untold for a while - on a bit of a break from it at the moment, but I do want to get back to it and finish it when I'm in the mood to play an RPG again. After that I'll probably start Majora's Mask 3D (seems to be a recurring theme in this thread) - I was given it for my birthday last year but haven't got round to it yet, and it's one of the few Zelda games I've never played at all.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

MarioVillager92

Recently, I started a new game in Fantasy Life. I didn't play too much of it and it's been a long time since I've even touched it, so I started anew. It's a game I've been wanting to get into for a good while, I do like the concept of having many different roles you could have and being able to switch between them. I also like its cute art style.

@Zuljaras You and me both on Majora's Mask... it's a game that I really wanted to like, but I still remain in the early portion of the game no matter how hard I try. That, and I don't think I'm fond of having to reset the day counter when the last day is about to end. I don't want to look up a guide this early on... but I might have to after I come back to it next time.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

gcunit

Like most of my gaming devices, I have an ungodly amount of started-but-not-finished games on my 3DS.

Most recently played was Detective Pikachu, and I've just got the sequel on Switch so this is my 3DS priority No.1. I've been enjoying it, so I really should get on with it.

But unfinished playthroughs of Ghost Trick, Dragon Quest IV, Fantasy Life, Chrono Trigger and Yo-kai Watch should also be high up on that priority list.

Realistically though, Switch is going so hard that I'd be surprised if I can clear more than 3 of them this year 😅

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoDad

@Zuljaras

Yeah. Looks like a bunch of the same games.

I hear you on getting time to play the games. LOL. And for me the time I get isn't regular or a lot of time in a session, so I'm constantly forgetting what I'm up to in the game. LOL. So . . . for OOT (and next MM) I'm totally following guides. Yeah. It means that I'm not figuring out everything myself . . . but with what little time I have for games, if I tried to figure out everything out for myself . . . I'd never progress in the game. LOL.

I figure . . . OOT is considered such a great game . . . I really want to go through the game and admire how great a game it is. My only way, with the time I've got to play games, is to use guides. So . . . this way I get to see how amazing the game is. And it is amazing.

I'm just being picky right now and trying to get all the heart pieces (I'm only missing one heart piece) and all the Golden Spiders (I've got 85), before I attempt to take on the big boss. But I have really enjoyed going through the game and I admire how complex it is and how enveloping the environment is. It really is a treat.

RE: Metroid Samus Returns . . . that game I managed to get my hands on a cart at the beginning of the summer. And I couldn't stop playing it. I ended up finishing it by the end of summer. It really showed me I liked Metroid style games. And it does have puzzles, but not as complex as Zelda puzzles. I finished most of that game without reference guides. I only needed the guides maybe 4-5 times throughout the game. I think the big help is the in-game map that keeps track of everything for you. What items you have found, and where everything is. I really enjoyed this game.

@Dogorilla

I had to look up Etrian Odyssey Untold. I had never heard of that game before. It sounds / looks pretty interesting!

RE: MM . . . yeah. A bunch of us with that cart. OOT and MM were 2 big reasons I got the 2DS. This was before N brought out OOT/MM for NSO. I've only just glimpsed at the game. It seems pretty weird. LOL. But I'm glad I picked it up 'cause I do want to give it a go.

@MarioLover92

RE: Fantasy Life . . . that's a game I've heard of, but not familiar with. Is it much like something like Animal Crossing?

RE: MM / Guides . . . For me personally, I'm totally going to follow guides to work through MM. As I mentioned above . . . I don't have a lot of time to play games, so if I relied on my ability to figure things out, I'd never progress. LOL. But I really do want to see MM so that I can experience the game. 'mostly to satisfy my curiousity of the game and why so many like it. The problem for me LOL is that I want to try to get through OOT / MM so I can start up 2 Wii games I got, but never got around to playing . . . Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. LOL. And once I started TP and SS, I was thinking of finally getting into BOTW and TOTK. LOL.

NintendoDad

Dogorilla

@NintendoDad EOU is the first Etrian Odyssey game I've played, but I bought a couple of others as well prior to the eShop shutdown and I also have the Etrian Mystery Dungeon spinoff on cartridge, so it won't be my last. It's quite a complex game, and also quite long and repetitive, so you have to be in the right frame of mind for it. Especially because of the difficulty. I'm quite late in the game and was getting a bit tired of it so decided to switch to easy mode for a boss I was struggling with, but that just made it trivially easy so it wasn't particularly fun.

The better way to play it is to spend time refining your team and doing side quests to level up and get better items, but I didn't feel like doing that at the time, which is why I took a break. I think I'm fairly close to the end though so hopefully I'll finish it before too long. It's a good game and I like the system of drawing your own map as you go along, but the combat and everything is pretty hardcore 😅

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

MarioVillager92

@Zuljaras It does sound like it'd be the best course of action before doing a dungeon, at least on paper. Not sure if certain routes to dungeons would open on certain days, though... perhaps I could explore the Termina field on each of the three days? I don't know for sure, just an idea I thought of.

@NintendoDad Somewhat. It depends on what life you choose at the beginning of the game, and it does let you customize your in-game house. I've chosen to be a paladin, so for me it plays like an action RPG.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

NintendoDad

@Dogorilla

RE: EOU . . . wow. That sounds so complex! LOL. But it sounds like you got the strategy locked down.

@ MarioLover92

RE: Fantasy Life. Hey . . . was there mention of a game like that coming to Switch?

I ran around OOT last night. Probably only for 1/2 hour or so. But I think I know which heart piece I missed. I think I might give it a go tonight to get it. We'll see . . . LOL.

!! Here's to keeping our 3DS/2DS' active and keeping the cobwebs off of them! LOL.

NintendoDad

NintendoDad

Ok . . .

I just added Pacman and Galaga Dimensions to my collection of 3DS games.

Galaga has been one of my favourite games, ever since I first played it in the arcades.

I've got this game (usually through the Namco Museum) for our Game Cube, Wii, (Wii U I play the Wii version), Switch (I have both the cart and DL), DS and now . . . the 3DS version for my 2DS.

LOL.

Pacman I'm not so into, because I totally suck at that game. But maybe I'll try to learn it a bit better now. LOL.

NintendoDad

Fox-McCloud

Bought Fantasy Life so looking forward to giving that a go, heard good things.

Fox-McCloud

kkslider5552000

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe has been a regular game to play on my 3DS for ages. It is the worst Kirby game by a country mile.

It is not a bad game by the standards of playing a game, in that it is fun to play the game on a basic level. It's basically a beat em up boss fight game but with modern Kirby mechanics. But it is so the exact type of mobile trash with trash monetization and little justification of enjoying a game to play for any reasonable amount of time nearly ever while demanding either real world money (and you can't even do anymore, for better or worse) or endless boring grinding for an experience more repetitive than a Warriors game in far less time. I do not understand why a person would play a game in this style if they have ever played traditional, quality, complete video games on consoles or PC.

Someday I will be done with this game for the sake of having completed the...well...2nd to last Kirby game I have left to play on this system, and I can go back to playing games that exist to be fun on 3DS. The implication of this existing for Kirby of all series, even for an irrelevant side game, makes me sad.

Now excuse me, its time for my daily crystal apples.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

Yokai Watch 3 Tempura.
I have accumulated more than 260+ hours gameplay.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

I recently started Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey. BIS is peak Mario & Luigi, with the bonkers turn-based combat that I'd deem is a spiritual successor from OG Super Mario RPG. I'm not very far in and last saved as Bowser on Plack Beach.

I delved into the Bowser Jr's Journey half last night and...it's an interesting RTS unit management game. Your units attack on their own and adhere to a combat triangle (similar to Fire Emblem's weapon triangle), but occasionally you do need to input button commands when they try to perform special moves. So far I like the side mode - it's an improvement over Bowser's Minions from the Superstar Saga remake - but we'll see if I also bounce off this one or see it through. I made it roughly halfway through Bowser's Minions before dropping it and watched the rest of the story beats on YouTube.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Indigex

I'm playing the DS version of Chrono Trigger, then may dive into the 3DS version of Dragon Quest 8

Indigex

Bob__Loblaw

@Indigex re: Chrono, me too! Such a timeless classic! I picked it up recently for an embarrassing amount of money, but it's worth every penny.

Bob__Loblaw

Mallow9623

Just knowing myself, I'll probably play the Superstar Saga remake again this year.

Mallow9623

B-star121

I have started a small collection for the 3ds, I recently picked up Dragon Quest VII and fully intend on playing it next.
I hope you guys enjoy whatever your playing😁.

B-star121

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic