Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 481 to 500 of 777

Popplio

What I think Z might be is that you must collect all of the Zygarde Cells and form the Final Zygarde. I hope this does not ruin XY for me. X/Y is my favorite game of all time, and I hope it isn't affected by the sequel.

Come at me if you hate my opinion on X/Y. Sure, it had flaws, like the riding Pokemon gimmick that tricked people, being linear, and trying to rub Gen 1 in your face. But there's many things that makes the game memorable for me as a gamer.

Pop pop, mothertruckers.

Nintendo Network ID: FrancescosYoshi

Popplio

@IceClimbers: Good. I told my friends I'd start watching once he gets Greninja. I love the Ninja-Frog too much.

Pop pop, mothertruckers.

Nintendo Network ID: FrancescosYoshi

Araquanid

@Morpheel Sorry 'bout the pics, one day I'll figure out how to resize these on my phone....

I predict Z to end up like a Wind Waker like story, finding all the pieces at a particular point for the final showdown (zygarde).

It's honestly a little bit of a messy concept, but I'm sure it will somehow work in the end... it's just, how does 10%, 50%, and complete all fit in one part of the story at once which is puzzling.. Zygarde is really changing the formula by a large margin.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I predict Z to end up like a Wind Waker like story, finding all the pieces at a particular point for the final showdown (zygarde).

It's honestly a little bit of a messy concept, but I'm sure it will somehow work in the end... it's just, how does 10%, 50%, and complete all fit in one part of the story at once which is puzzling.. Zygarde is really changing the formula by a large margin.

I'd very much like it if you could get Zygarde earlier in the game at 10% and then you power it up as you go through the game with you obtaining 100% right in the final battle in the storyline, that'd be exactly the kind of fresh twist this series needs. Not really sure if they can make that work though, because they'd have to account for the player choosing not to use Zygarde on your team and leveling it up.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Eel

Having Zygarde with you for a big chunk of the adventure would be nice.

Maybe you can befriend the core early on, in the early levels. Then finding the cells would just make it "evolve" (maybe even level it up for the final showdown if the player didn't use him through the game).

Though my best guess would be:

-Zygarde stays with <important npc> for most of the story, appearing around only when needed.
-After the story, <important npc> informs you that Zygarde wants to battle you. Then you catch it.
-<Important npc> can then change the formes for you.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

Zygarde would also need to be able to revert back to previous forms, rather then being locked into the current form it becomes. It automatically locks into so and so form for battle so and so and then becomes optional to change from there on out, but I imagine a key item would be needed to atleast give the player some control over zygarde's appearence.

If we do have to collect these cells and he changes as you progress... it really makes me wonder how much control a player will actually have to change him.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Kylo_Ren

MegaBeedrill wrote:

It's honestly a little bit of a messy concept, but I'm sure it will somehow work in the end... it's just, how does 10%, 50%, and complete all fit in one part of the story at once which is puzzling.. Zygarde is really changing the formula by a large margin

I would like that (finding all the pieces), honestly. It will add a extra sense of adventure that is now feeling stale, hopefully it will result in a longer lasting game. Maybe it will add new places to Kalos, maybe southern France (apart from Kiloude city).
What does everyone think of adding more places to Kalos and having to find all of Zygarde's cells to have a final showdown?

Kylo_Ren

Araquanid

Maybe it'll go like this:

There are several cores scattered throughout kalos, and a 50% zygarde which is under the control of team flare.
The player must collect five cores, which telepathically regroup all the cells nearby into 10% zygarde... once you obtain 5 10% zygardes, they become a 50% zygarde, and you and team flare have a 50% vs. 50% showdown.. until eventually pokemon things happen with Yvelval/Xerneas, and then the two zygardes merge together as one to become complete forme and battle Xerneas/Yveltal after team flare gains control of them next.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Eat_Pie

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but could Zygarde's forms be like Rotom? For example, if you want to switch between forms(except Perfect), you need items(or cells), or need to go to a place. Some of the forms may be mandatory, or you will unlock them first then be able to switch between forms. Zygarde Normal Form(not sure what it's officially called) will probably be the one you can catch in-game; the other forms need cells. For Zygarde Perfect form, you need Yveltal, Xerneas, and an item, like Kyurem in B2/W2. They probably keep Zygarde Perfect as not being able to be obtained with one copy of the game, as you need both Yveltal or Xerneas.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Tyranexx

Blast wrote:

Trinexx wrote:

Agreed 100%. At first I thought it was a "meh" mechanic, but really got into it...especially after telling myself that I would not have to put up with female avatar designs that I hated ever again.

Do you still play X/Y??? We can Battle!!! Lol

Sorry, nope. Stopped playing it about a year ago. I'm currently playing through OR, but I'm not moving through it very fast because of life, lol.

Cell collection would be interesting, and enough of a change to the mechanics that I could actually see it working. Maybe you and your rival(s) collect all of the cells/cores over time? And then combine them at certain points in the storyline until you wind up with Zygarde's perfect form?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Pichu1236

If they make Pokemon Z, they need to upgrade Kalos. Like they upgraded Unova in BW2. I'd like to see, more areas, more different Pokemon in the routes, and DEFINITLY a better post-game. Seriously, XY had the worst post-game of any Pokemon game. All you could do was, catch a few legendaries, do the Looker missions, and do the Battle Maison. Although, I am personally hoping that Game Freak skips Pokemon Z and goes onto Gen 7 immediately.

Pichu1236

Tyranexx

This is probably old news by this point, but there's a fake tweet going around from "Nintendo" that allegedly confirms Pokemon Z. The account that posted it is a fake. A friend on Facebook shared it and was all excited until I and some others pointed out the difference in names. (The fake account is "Nintenlo" or something like that)

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Blast

We can add Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer to the long list of games Gamefreak should draw inspiration from for Pokemon mainline games. The amount of customization in AC:HHD is huge.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Araquanid

@Trinexx:

It is fake, just last week the same account "leaked" mega raticate.

Also the account that did leak this was "Nintendo" not Pokemon, which is already a big flag since nintendo has no association in what pokemon does with their content. Plus the account is mispelled "Nin*l*endo.

EDIT: yep that's it, I didn't read the last part before I posted.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Kylo_Ren

It's now October. We should get the announcement soon...

Kylo_Ren

Nintendo_Ninja

If Z is confirmed (you never know) then they need to do a good job of upgrading Kalos. They can't do it like they did Unova in B&W2, where they just slapped together some ok, but not great features and locations.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Araquanid

BW2 was a pretty good follow up. We never really had a sequel add much to its "prequels"

( platinum, apparently the best sequel, only got Frontier, short distortion world, a better story, and new forms. Nothing much else came from it bar cosmetic features like snow and pokedex expansion, despite the fact you could catch em all post game anyway.)

All z needs to be at platinum standards, is good Megas, new locations like an expansion to kiloude, battle frontier to fix the ORAS tease, and actual good legendary encounters like stark mountain instead of repititive rings. Better story is a big one too.

But honestly, no matter what z does, I feel like there will be those few biased people towards gen 6 in general.

Speaking of legendaries... I wonder how many legends z would have with ORAS having every single one except those found in x/y (5). Maybe we will get to capture event Pokemon?

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

Platinum didn't really need to fix much aside from the regional dex, it's the best sequel because of DPPt overall, not because of what the game itself improved. XY has a lot more to fix, so just doing what Platinum did isn't going to be enough. Kalos needs new Pokemon added (and by that I mean we need to see #722 onwards, not just older Pokemon that weren't available in XY), a complete region design overhaul and tons of new areas, a completely rewritten story, and tons of extra features to really be a good game. There's just so much wrong with the game's structure that it's going to be near impossible to fix.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Eat_Pie

Am I the only one that liked X/Y? I liked Gen 6 and Kalos more than Gen 4, but I never played Platinum(I only played Pearl).

Eat_Pie

Pokefanmum82

I have no problems with X & Y story wise but it needed more to do post game. Other than that I liked it.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.