Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 501 to 520 of 777

Eat_Pie

@Pokefanmum82
Agreed, although X/Y's story was nothing special. I've gotten bored of breeding for shinies recently, and I have all the Battle Maison trophies. The Looker Quest wasn't bad though.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Blast

Eat_Pie wrote:

Am I the only one that liked X/Y? I liked Gen 6 and Kalos more than Gen 4, but I never played Platinum(I only played Pearl).

Only thing X/Y can brag about is customization. Nearly everything else was a disaster and a mistake. Perhaps if Gamefreak wasn't so in love with Megaevoultion then maybe X/Y would've had a better story and characters. I'm harsh on the game because I have high standards for series I enjoy. It also doesn't help that Atlus's Persona series literally slaps Pokemon main games in the face. There's a ongoing joke that veteran Pokemon fans eventually go to Persona because it does much more than Pokemon can do. Pokemon Platinum is one of my favorite games because it excels in multiple categories. Seriously... Play Platinum.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

-Green-

Eat_Pie wrote:

Am I the only one that liked X/Y? I liked Gen 6 and Kalos more than Gen 4, but I never played Platinum(I only played Pearl).

I also really enjoyed Pokemon X/Y. Although it had story issues and lacked post game content, it was hella fun and I have a bit of a soft spot for Lysandre.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Blast

And Pokemon main games truly are stuck in a tug of war between Pokemon veteran fans and fans who just buy anything with Pokemon on it. I've heard people say they don't care about post game content or story. It's bizarre but those fans do exist. Hopefully Gamefreak has been taking notes from Yokai Watch, Persona, and other great series.

Master of the Hype Train

Eat_Pie

@Aromaiden
I didn't really like Lysandre, but I didn't dislike him either.
@Blast
When you play Pokémon, you don't really play it for the story. I think the only one that had a really good story was Gen 5. All the others have been decent to bad. Post-game content is lacking, but that's not a make it or break it for me. Good/bad characters depend on how the story is. X/Y did have a ton of customization, but I wouldn't call everything else a disaster. And I won't be switching to Persona anytime soon, because I've never played the series before, and don't have anything PlayStation related.

Eat_Pie

Blast

@Eat_Pie: You don't have anything PlayStation related so you're stuck with Nintendo's hit or miss storytelling skills in gaming. That's not good. Post game content is vital in a Pokemon game. Not everyone cares about online battling and trading. Pokemon Black and White and Platinum all had great stories. Stories in Pokemon games matter. And like I said... I'm harsh on X/Y because I like the series. I don't want Gamefreak to cater to the wrong crowd. The crowd that just buys anything Pokemon.

Master of the Hype Train

-Green-

@Eat_Pie: I liked him mostly because of his ideals and ambition. I found it interesting.

IceClimbers

Sounds to me that Pokemon is just on the Zelda cycle. X/Y is on the "everyone all of a sudden hates it after claiming they loved it" phase while Platinum is on the "this game was perfect, why can't they make the games more like that" phase. It wasn't that long ago that people were calling Platinum complete utter trash.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

Sounds to me that Pokemon is just on the Zelda cycle. X/Y is on the "everyone all of a sudden hates it after claiming they loved it" phase while Platinum is on the "this game was perfect, why can't they make the games more like that" phase. It wasn't that long ago that people were calling Platinum complete utter trash.

Yeah... No. Whose been calling Platinum trash? Most Pokemon veteran fans love Platinum and have issues with X/Y. I've spoken to many Pokemon fans about this situation face to face. Nobody says X/Y is garbage but it had obvious problems.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Aromaiden wrote:

@Eat_Pie: I liked him mostly because of his ideals and ambition. I found it interesting.

Go back to X/Y and fly to the town covered in snow. There's a NPC you can talk to in a house that briefly explains how flawed Lysandre is. It's like there was one writer for X/Y that wanted to say sorry for the story. Don't believe me? Go back to the town covered in snow and find a certain NPC in a house that talks about Lysandre.

Master of the Hype Train

Eat_Pie

@Aromaiden
Agreed. I found his ideals interesting, like N.
@Blast
I like a good story, but for games like Pokémon, it won't prevent me from buying the good game if the story is lacking. I agree with you on post-game content. I don't think Game Freak will cater to those who buy Pokémon because it's Pokémon.

Eat_Pie

-Green-

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Go back to X/Y and fly to the town covered in snow. There's a NPC you can talk to in a house that briefly explains how flawed Lysandre is. It's like there was one writer for X/Y that wanted to say sorry for the story. Don't believe me? Go back to the town covered in snow and find a certain NPC in a house that talks about Lysandre.

...What? If I recall correctly, that NPC was talking Lysandre's back story.

Edit: Oh I found it. Been a while since I played Pokemon Y (and Pokemon in general). I don't see him stating anything negative about Lysandre's character, other then stating that Lysandre's own suffering was caused by his actions, which was ironic. It seems insightful to me.

Edited on by -Green-

Eat_Pie

X/Y isn't bad, but Platinum is nothing exceptional, even if it is a good game. Neither of them were my favorite game/gen.

Eat_Pie

Blast

Sergio151 wrote:

@Blast
How's Pokemon X/Y's story compared to Sonic Adventure 2?

You just answered your own question, buddy.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

And.... I don't hate X/Y. I don't. I do like those games. I was just very frustrated with various sections in the games. I love the customization in X/Y. It's amazing and has alotta potential. The protagonist in Pokemon games having friends is also a huge potential but its like Gamefreak can't even write friendship in their own games. The friends in X/Y were almost a bigger shame than Lysandre.

Master of the Hype Train

-Green-

Don't worry Lysandre, you'll always have me...lol.

Blast

Aromaiden wrote:

Hahahahaha. What's your favorite scene with him?????????

Master of the Hype Train

-Green-

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Hahahahaha. What's your favorite scene with him?????????

Don't really have a 'favorite' scene tbh.

Sleepingmudkip

Blast wrote:

Not everyone cares about online battling and trading. Pokemon Black and White and Platinum all had great stories. Stories in Pokemon games matter. And like I said... I'm harsh on X/Y because I like the series. I don't want Gamefreak to cater to the wrong crowd. The crowd that just buys anything Pokemon.

Thank you, this is exactly my thoughts on the pokemon series(I wish I had this quote when I was debating about story in pokemon games like months ago on this website)

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

I liked the friendships in X/Y. Platinum is a good game too. But to me there's nothing wrong with X/Y's story or villain. The only issue I had with the game was the little amount of stuff to do post game. Black 2/White 2 had a lot to do post game and I liked White Forest/Black City because it was more challenging.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.